Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Battle for the #1 Seed: Seahawks vs Saints (stay on topic)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Battle for the #1 Seed: Seahawks vs Saints (stay on topic) Reply with quote

The following is courtesy to imani

Seattle Seahawks (10-1) vs. New Orleans Saints (9-2)

The Legendary Play

Team Comparisons

Seahawks----------Saints

24th-----Passing Yards-----2nd
3rd-----Rushing Yards-----23rd
12th-----Total Offense-----3rd
2nd-----PPG-----3rd

2nd-----Pass Defense-----3rd
16th-----Rush Defense-----15th
2nd-----Total Defense-----5th
2nd(T)-----PPGA-----5th
33-----Sacks-----37
16-----Ints-----10

Games Notes

-With his next touchdown pass, Wilson will join Dan Marino, Peyton Manning and Andy Dalton as the only players in NFL history to throw at least 20 TD passes in each of his first two seasons.

Hereís the TD passes list for the first two seasons:

Dan Marino -- 68

Peyton Manning -- 52

Andy Dalton -- 47

Russell Wilson -- 45

Jeff Garcia -- 42

-Since the postseason was expanded to 12 teams in 1990, 46 percent of 1-seeds have reached the Super Bowl compared to 28 percent of 2-seeds.

-The Seahawks come in with a franchise record 13-game home winning streak, which includes a points per game margin of 17.9 and a turnover margin of +20.

- The Seahawks (10-1) not only own the NFLís best record this season, they carry the best Monday night mark in NFL history ó 19-8 (a .704 winning percentage), including a 14-5 mark at home.

-The temperature at kickoff is expected to be in the upper 30s, dropping to the low 30s as the game progresses. And snow flurries also are possible.

Those weather conditions could benefit the Seattle Seahawks. New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees is 4-8 in his career (including playoffs) when the game-time temperature is less than 40 degrees.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin's injury is more annoying than worrisome at this point. I thought it was finally safe to start looking forward to him playing.

What area do the Saints have to exploit to win?

ram29jackson wrote:
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Harvin's injury is more annoying than worrisome at this point. I thought it was finally safe to start looking forward to him playing.

If the corner covering Stills can't keep the ball out of his hands, we're going to have issues. He and Sproles are my biggest worries in this game....the small/shifty types.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

If the corner covering Stills can't keep the ball out of his hands, we're going to have issues. He and Sproles are my biggest worries in this game....the small/shifty types.
We don't seem to well against the small backs. Rodgers from the falcons has always given us problems.

I think part of it is on Earl. His tackling is much improved this year, but he doesn't have a lower center of gravity against those tiny guys and it messes up his game.

ram29jackson wrote:
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets make this a serious GDT.

No Laughing, No Eye Rolling, No Clapping

Ready and Go!!!!

Anyway I think this is a close game. Im honestly scared about Percy's injury. Hip injuries are nothing to play with and are very serious. He comes back for 1 game and then is out again. Im worried.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI

Last edited by klyon7634 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

We don't seem to well against the small backs. Rodgers from the falcons has always given us problems.

I think part of it is on Earl. His tackling is much improved this year, but he doesn't have a lower center of gravity against those tiny guys and it messes up his game.

Agreed. I thought Jacquizz would be one of the biggest weapons the Falcons would utilize against us. Even though he didn't touch it much, if I remember correctly, he was rushing for like 6 or more yards per touch. If a fan can see he'll be effective before the game and then he is during it, yet the coaching staff doesn't utilize it, the falcons organization needs to look at fixing the coaching staff as well.

Stills has some good speed and no one in our secondary is as fast as him. Depending on his game speed though, Earl may be able to catch him though because that guy is a missile out there, lol. If we shut down those 2 guys, I'm confident in a win because that's assuming the easier issues will be handled as well (easier meaning our team matches up to them better, not that they're worse than Stills & Sproles).
Plush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly disagree with the rest you. Graham is simple and plain the biggest threat to a Seattle victory. No one our roster can cover him.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
I strongly disagree with the rest you. Graham is simple and plain the biggest threat to a Seattle victory. No one our roster can cover him.

I will bet we put Kam on him.

#JDI
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Plush wrote:

Kam in man coverage isn't exactly a nightmare for an offense though. I would be more comfortable with Maxwell on him when we have the chance

ram29jackson wrote:
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Plush wrote:

Kam in man coverage isn't exactly a nightmare for an offense though. I would be more comfortable with Maxwell on him when we have the chance

Exactly. I hope we don't put Kam on him. He isn't the greatest cover guy. I was just saying I am willing to bet that's what we do at least to start the game.

#JDI
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:

Sherm with Kam helping.. Maxwell on Colston, Lane? on Stills with Earl roaming deep? *shrugs* too tired to think tonight. Browner would have been ideal and normally I worry about TE's, but as long as Sherm decides to man up on Graham like he did Boldin (yes, I know, two completely different players), it should significantly reduce Graham's impact.

Could even do something like Sherm on Colston, Maxwell + Shead on Graham, Lane on Stills and Simon on Moore? Whatever the coaching staff thinks is best though, hopefully it works.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put sherm on Graham our best cover guy on there best weapon. Kam normally destroys TEs "queue Vernon Davis hit" with the exception of Tony gonzalez,
Rolling Eyes
So Sheads our guy this game?? the forth CB?
Wink

WINTER IS COMING
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Plush wrote:

Sherm with Kam helping.. Maxwell on Colston, Lane? on Stills with Earl roaming deep? *shrugs* too tired to think tonight. Browner would have been ideal and normally I worry about TE's, but as long as Sherm decides to man up on Graham like he did Boldin (yes, I know, two completely different players), it should significantly reduce Graham's impact.

Could even do something like Sherm on Colston, Maxwell + Shead on Graham, Lane on Stills and Simon on Moore? Whatever the coaching staff thinks is best though, hopefully it works.

he is still on the PUP I thought??

WINTER IS COMING
mrnasties NO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling a 38 to 17 Saints victorys... M. Lynch is held to under 66 yds.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
Put sherm on Graham our best cover guy on there best weapon. Kam normally destroys TEs "queue Vernon Davis hit" with the exception of Tony gonzalez,
Rolling Eyes
So Sheads our guy this game?? the forth CB?
Wink
So because Kam had an amazing hit on Davis he's great at covering TE's? He wasn't even manned up on that play, he was in zone.

ram29jackson wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: