Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Numbers' Black Friday Mockstraviganza

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Numbers' Black Friday Mockstraviganza Reply with quote

The Philadelphia Eagles win the NFC East and end up with the 22nd pick in the first round after finishing 9-7 and losing in the first round. They have the 23rd pick in the 2nd (Since the AFC 6th seed has the same record and swap picks).

Re-Signed
S Nate Allen signs a 3 Year Contract

Allen's play has gotten much better this season and has looked like a quality defender without the wide-9 and under Billy Davis. He and Earl Wolff have been a very solid safety tandem, and while we likely will bring in competition, he deserves to be brought back, as he has made huge strides this season and gotten closer to his rookie year form.

P Donnie Jones signs a 2 Year Contract

By far the best punter we've had since Sean Landetta, Jones has tilted the field for us and been a key on a much improved special teams unit. He's brought back and helps the long term build of this offense.

Free Agency
WR/RB/RS Dexter McCluster signs a 4 Year Contract

McCluster gives us a player to take DeSean Jackson off punt returns yet still have a capable return guy back there who can take it to the house, in addition to a movable chess piece on offense. Whether you put him in the backfield, in the slot, or out wide, if you can get McCluster in space he can make plays, and give him to a coach like Chip Kelly and watch magic happen a la De'Anthony Thomas at Oregon.

DT Al Woods signs a 1 Year Contract

A depth body along the defensive line, Woods is probably a gameday inactive, but will get a shot to play competing against Clifton Geathers and Damion Square for backup duties.

LB Parys Haralson signs a 2 Year Contract

Haralson is brought in as veteran depth at the outside linebacker position who has been a very solid and capable backup and spot starter, in addition to special teams player who can provide a solid locker room presence who has played for two winning organizations in San Francisco and New Orelans and knows what it takes inside the locker room. Not a major deal by any means but one which can make a huge difference.

The Philadelphia Eagles trade the 22nd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft to the Seattle Seahawks for the 32nd pick and 64th overall picks in the 2014 NFL Draft.

-The Seahawks decide to jump up to Odell Beckham of LSU after a run on wideouts sees Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, and Jordan Matthews all gone by pick 22. They pay a high price, but get Russell Wilson another option in the passing game, and one who will open things up for Marshawn Lynch on the ground as well.`

With the 32nd Overall Pick in the NFL Draft acquired by trade, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Linebacker, DeMarcus Lawrence, Boise State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8wrLAHOYVw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9cyPAEbvWc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l_wP6SWy4c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRZMykOEwy0

I had Lawrence as a 3rd rounder in this class in my last mock, but I was wrong. He's a top 15 talent, and while he has off-field issues, he's the type of all around pass rusher that rarely falls to this point in the draft, but due to 3 one game suspensions, teams may be scared off, in addition to the fact he plays in the MAC. Lawrence is a menace who is almost always in the opposition's backfield making plays whether it be rushing the passer or against the run, has speed off the edge but also has counter moves, and can even use the bullrush due to his strength. He sheds blocks in the running game and is disciplined against the option. He also has experience playing with his hand down in a 3 point stance, or in a 2 point stance as a linebacker. He comes in right away as the Weakside Outside Linebacker, and could be a threat for the Defensive Rookie of the Year. His lack of competition doesn't scare me, he makes plays and shows all the tools to be a player. Lawrence may not be listed as a high pick, but will be a riser come draft time, and he's a superior prospect than former Boise riser Shea McClellin. Watch him play, the kid is for real.

With the 55th Overall Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Linebacker, Shayne Skov, Stanford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amQU1TPoj1g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlO_KUYrHYg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDGMfFe0HXw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQPQAhJdDGc

Skov is a very cerebral linebacker who can break down information quickly and get to the right spot and make a play. He's solid enough in coverage and is very DeMeco like in the fact he's not crazy athletic, but his high football IQ allows him to get to the right spot at the right time and make play after play. He trusts what he sees and is able to shoot gaps and stop the ball carrier in his tracks, or get to the right spot in coverage. He's also a leader for Stanford and adds more talent and youth to our front 7, which is loaded with talent, and he doesn't have to start right away for us due to the presence of Ryans. Purely a BPA selection, and a strong one at that when you have a future front 7 with Thorton, Logan, Cox, Curry, Kendricks, Lawrence, and Barwin moving forward.

With the 64th Overall Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Wide Receiver, Brandon Coleman, Rutgers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz5G1KL1Ho4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc8QWAVE0Nc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLKS1dMAQMQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TRgqXdqa0

Coleman reminds me a bit of Brandon Marshall, a big, explosive wideout who can stretch the field, and is tough to bring down after the catch. He knows how to use his big body to shield defenders from the football, can go up and get the football, he can play in the slot or outside, and can block. While he sometimes has questionable drops he usually comes through in crucial situations, suggesting its more of a concentration issue than a hands issue. If he had better QB play this season he would probably be selected earlier than this, but Gary Nova is poop and has led to a slip in production for Coleman. That said he's still a talented prospect and a guy who could develop into another strong weapon for Foles, and play the slot immediately while Jackson and Cooper man the outsides.

With the 86th Overall Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Safety, Deone Bucannon, Washington State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JZGKZg58vo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEMmWBoAivs

Bucannon is a guy Jeezla mentioned in the prospect thread and when I got around to watching him I was very impressed. While he is prone to penalties, many being late hits or roughness penalties, and one taunting penalty versus Auburn, he's also a very versatile player who can play either safety spot and contribute on special teams. I was really impressed by his abilities in coverage, especially in man to man. Plenty of times you will see him drop into the slot and stick to the receiver, drop over the tight end and run stride for stride with him, or even cover the running back out of the backfield on a wheel route. He's also talented in zone coverage, against Stanford he had cover 2 responsibilities several times, but once in the redzone where when the corner was beat he was able to make a play on the football and intercept Kevin Hogan. He's also a good in box player, capable of making plays against the run and laying the wood. Just a good football player, and one who could challenge Nate Allen and at worst be a special teams player. Chip Kelly likes taking players he is familiar with and with Skov and Bucannon, he takes 2 defenders he's played against in the Pac-12.

With the 120th Overall Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Quarterback, Kenny Guiton, Ohio State

I think Guiton is the most interesting QB prospect in this class. He's got all the physical tools to be a successful quarterback in the NFL, and flat out dominated when filling in for an injured Braxton Miller, Guiton is a better pro prospect than his teammate based on their respective skill sets. The reason Guiton drops so low is that he's never been the starter outside of injury and only played against bad defenses. That said, he's got a lot of talent, and if he develops, could be a guy who if isn't the guy, could be flipped for a much higher pick in the long run. Guiton comes in and immediately challenges Barkley for the #2 quarterback job.

With the 155th Overall Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Tight End, Nick O'Leary, Florida State

O'Leary has enough athletic ability to be an NFL tight end, and has been a tough, sure handed receiver for Jameis Winston and FSU this season, but the reason he's here is because he's awesome. He went all Madden 08 and used the truck stick against a Clemson defender laying him out, he plays with no gloves, plays all over the offensive formation, and is a strong blocker, and could likely make the transition to play special teams. He's not a star by any means, but he's one of those versatile guys who could be an instrumental player on the field and in the locker room due to his toughness and durability.

With the 161st Overall Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Cornerback, Keith McGill, Utah

A big, long, press corner with the ability to play safety, McGill adds depth and could develop into a core special teams player. He's also got good ball skills, which could come in handy if he is moved to safety, but also help him at corner.

With the 228th Overall Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Guard, Dakota Doizer, Furman

Practice squad guard with some upside.

Nick Foles // Matt Barkley // Kenny Guiton
LeSean McCoy // Bryce Brown // Dexter McCluster // Chris Polk
DeSean Jackson // Riley Cooper // Brandon Coleman // Brad Smith // Jeff Mahel
Zach Ertz // Brent Celek // Nick O'Leary
Jason Peters // Matt Tobin
Evan Mathis // Allen Barbre
Jason Kelce // Julian Vandervelde
Todd Herremans //
Lane Johnson // Michael Bamiro

Cedric Thorton // Clifton Geathers
Bennie Logan // Damion Square // Al Woods
Fletcher Cox // Vinny Curry
Connor Barwin // Brandon Graham
DeMeco Ryans // Shayne Skov // Jason Phillips
Mychal Kendricks // Najee Goode // Jake Knott
DeMarcus Lawrence // Parys Haralson
Bradley Fletcher // Roc Carmichael //Keith McGill
Nate Allen // Deone Bucannon
Earl Wolff // Colt Anderson
Cary Williams // Brandon Boykin

Alex Henery
Donnie Jones
Jon Dorenbos
one of one

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. It seems pretty realistic. Only thing I don't like so much is the lack of CB additions. I get that you can't do it all but I think the depth of the first and second round CBs is too good to ignore. I really do like Williams and Fletcher but both have been injured fairly frequently and I don't really trust Carmichael as a starter, even though he has filled in well.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Mock I have seen yet for sure.

Demarcus Lawrence is going to be good, but I wouldn't be shocked if he rises come draft day. Don't really like Skov, only because he really doesn't have a high ceiling. I love his passion and I am sure he will be a good player, but I don't want him in the 2nd for sure. Brandon Coleman is a big WR, but there are other WR's I like more. Bucannon has grown on me, still don't love him though. O'Leary fills the role Casey has this year at a cheaper rate.

Good work Numbers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that is unrealistic to me is the trade with Seattle. They are set at WR once Percy Harvin becomes fully healthy. I don't see them spending a 1st and 2nd round pick on a WR a year after they spent a 1st and 3rd to get Percy. That's a whole lot of resources allocated to a single position. They are really going to need a starting CB opposite Sherman IMO.

Other than that, I'm not real familiar with the prospects outside of Skov. I love the idea of going after an OLB in the first. Not a fan of getting another ILB in the second though. Not a knock on Skov, but I think Meco and Kendricks can continue to be a solid duo for a while.

Going to watch some Demarcus Lawrence highlights now.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Dexter!

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not loving the skov in the 2nd

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot tbh.

FA seems realistic. No big splashes. Not huge on McCluster but Chip could get the best out of him.

Love Lawrence. Doubt Sea.does.that trade but Id take him at 22 also. Skovs fine....like Jackson more though.

Coleman will be a really interesting prospect come April. Hard to dissect him as a player. Huge ceiling but low floor. Foles does love big.wrs though it seems.

Like Buccanon a lot. Good value.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeMarcus Lawrence???
Um, no he's not.
Are you Ray Rhodes?

I don't like Coleman.
Guiton is a reach.

It seems that you are getting too esoteric here.
You want to find seven Jared Allens.
Doing it this way, you're more likely to get six Diane Allens and a Jared from Subway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great mock draft. Call me crazy but I think Lawrence would need to bulk up to be an effective pass-rushing OLB in the NFL. He's borderline too much flash and not enough dirty work....he's very quick and explosive but I'm not seeing enough physicality. I didn't see him manhandle anyone in those clips, and that scares me because none of those opponents had top recruits on their offensive lines.

I love Skov, Coleman and Guiton though, all very realistic.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem like you make any real difference to the team.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the last time the Eagles didn't bring in at least 1 starter in FA?

I fully expect a player trade. Howie likes trading.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy this draft a lot

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
eagles18

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
I hate it

Helpful. Truly.

I wish I could have an opinion but I simply know nothing about college players right now. I don't, however, like FA or the draft day trade. We have Damaris Johnson who hasn't produced this season but is a similar player to McCluster.

Also are we letting Cooper go? Not trying to resign Maclin?

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: