Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My 2014 Arizona Cardinals Offseason....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtdowner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jeff Mathews from Cornell could be an interesting developmental guy.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Re: Colledge he's been our best OL this year. That's not saying much but it makes more sense to release Colledge & Dockett after next season where we'd pay them less to go away. Besides they're both productive.

I just don't like ignoring QB in the first two rounds. Palmer's resurgence means absolutely nothing to me in terms of the future at that position.

I agree. While getting rid up hefty contracts is important, we need to make sure we don't create too many holes.

If we release Colledge, we better make sure we draft his replacement or Watford is ready. If we release Dockett, we better damn well make sure we resign Frostee Rucker.

As for QB, if we don't pick up one in round 1, I don't mind waiting til 3 or 4. If you assume all the top guys will go in round 1 (Carr, Bridgewater, Mariota, Mettenberger, etc) then the difference in talent between what you'll find in round 2 and round 4 won't be that much.

Anyone you're high on from #96 Garoppollo on down?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB

I always like Rang's rankings for every position other than QB because I think some of those guys will go farther down then their rankings indicate. For example, I think Boyd falls as low as the 4th and McCarron fall as low as the 5th round.

Aaron Murray should fall to the 4th or 5th round now because of the injury.

I like what I hear about Garappolo and I think the 3rd/4th round is a good spot for us. He can sit for a year or two and we'll see what we got. Fix his footwork and improve his arm strength and you could have something.

Jeff Matthews would make a good pick in the 5th round or lower because of his physical tools.
SoggyBilling

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get to see a lot of college football but I've heard some good things about Tom Savage as a late round guy.

Can anyone tell me where Blake Bortles is? Would love either him or Carr in the 1st
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoggyBilling wrote:
I don't get to see a lot of college football but I've heard some good things about Tom Savage as a late round guy.

Can anyone tell me where Blake Bortles is? Would love either him or Carr in the 1st

Junior, who has been billed high but given no indication that he will leave early

He might stay till next year and be top 10 pick, right now maybe first maybe fourth

He is all over everyone's board, a real gunslinger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: