Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

loJack goes off on shwartz and our Oc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to say very much about this except its unfair and unwise to form opinion based on statements from one individual. Every situation has a minimum of two viewpoints and listening to 1/2 of a story can yield nothing but a biased viewpoint.

One line answers on twitter can do nothing but stir controversy. They are simple statements that provide no depth.

As an example he says he has nothing to be bitter about because he chose to leave. People are assuming he left because of his previous statements which might very well not be the case.

He comments about Schwartz lying to him without and detail or context. It's his perception but it may well be a false perception.

I never put much stock in comments like this.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
I'm not going to say very much about this except its unfair and unwise to form opinion based on statements from one individual. Every situation has a minimum of two viewpoints and listening to 1/2 of a story can yield nothing but a biased viewpoint.

One line answers on twitter can do nothing but stir controversy. They are simple statements that provide no depth.

As an example he says he has nothing to be bitter about because he chose to leave. People are assuming he left because of his previous statements which might very well not be the case.

He comments about Schwartz lying to him without and detail or context. It's his perception but it may well be a false perception.

I never put much stock in comments like this.
Very true. We don't really know what happens. I just don't like controversy. Confused

Sig bet
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoJack wanted to re-sign with the Lions, they didn't offer him anything. He blasted the team after signing with the Vikings.

Lions are now 1st in the North, and he's once again blasting the team.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
LoJack wanted to re-sign with the Lions, they didn't offer him anything. He blasted the team after signing with the Vikings.

Lions are now 1st in the North, and he's once again blasting the team.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

According to a few sources, we offered him a contract. He didn't want to sit behind Jason Jones (after sitting behind KVB), so he chose to play elsewhere.

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Lawrence-Jackson-hoping-to-remain-in-Detroit-and-have-a-more-defined-role/051c839a-23ab-4709-a3b3-1f3d066a4cf9

Quote:
"I love the organization," Jackson said. "I think anytime you have an opportunity to play with two young studs in Nick Fairley and Ndamukong Suh that's a huge plus.

Quote:
Jackson said the Lions and his agent (Michael Sullivan) haven't had a whole lot of dialogue leading up to free agency, but is hopeful that ratchets up over the next few days.

It's funny, the only sources saying the Lions made an offer to LoJack, are using LoJacks suggestion that they offered him a deal and he chose to leave. I can't find anything from any other source (within the Lions org) to back this up.

LoJack LOVES the organization and wants to re-sign. They sign Jason Jones. He goes to Minny and the Lions are evil. Laughing
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Lawrence-Jackson-hoping-to-remain-in-Detroit-and-have-a-more-defined-role/051c839a-23ab-4709-a3b3-1f3d066a4cf9

Quote:
"I love the organization," Jackson said. "I think anytime you have an opportunity to play with two young studs in Nick Fairley and Ndamukong Suh that's a huge plus.

Quote:
Jackson said the Lions and his agent (Michael Sullivan) haven't had a whole lot of dialogue leading up to free agency, but is hopeful that ratchets up over the next few days.

It's funny, the only sources saying the Lions made an offer to LoJack, are using LoJacks suggestion that they offered him a deal and he chose to leave. I can't find anything from any other source (within the Lions org) to back this up.

LoJack LOVES the organization and wants to re-sign. They sign Jason Jones. He goes to Minny and the Lions are evil. Laughing
So you calling Lion's beat writer Justin Rodgers a liar?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/11/former_detroit_lions_de_lawren.html
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because he said it's not "sour grapes" doesn't mean that isn't the case. I'm sure he realized that could be the perception, and nobody wants that perception.

From a sociological perspective, one is more likely to have negative opinions about a job they are fired from then if they quit. You can have a negative or a positive viewpoint about just about anything.

Here is an interesting article talking about it:

Quote:
Jackson felt he was poorly utilized in Detroit. Even though he's had more success rushing from the left side, he was put behind Vanden Bosch to provide a reliable option that would allow the team to lighten the aging veteran's workload. Jackson admits he struggled to play to his ability on the right side in both Detroit and Seattle.

Jackson also suggests that the Lions didn't utilized other defensive lineman correctly, including Cliff Avril, who Jackson believes should have been a blindside pass-rusher because of his speed off the ball.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/11/former_detroit_lions_de_lawren.html

From the looks of it, it seems like he didn't agree with the way he was utilized here. Considering he's still a free agent, I think it's safe to assume he wasn't welcomed back. If that is the case, I wouldn't expect anything other than negativity coming from the former Lion.

Gotta consider the source, and look at the context (like many other posters alluded to)

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with everything he says and hope it is true. The whole coaching staff is garbage. Even if we won superbowl I would be happy they get fired.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

So you calling Lion's beat writer Justin Rodgers a liar?

Not a liar, but not a member of the organization. I'd also like to know his source. Wink

ETA: After re-reading your link, those aren't even Justin Rogers words but "highlights" of what LoJack has to say in the interview. Once again, that is coming from LoJack. Laughing

Last edited by Louis Friend on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
Just because he said it's not "sour grapes" doesn't mean that isn't the case. I'm sure he realized that could be the perception, and nobody wants that perception.

From a sociological perspective, one is more likely to have negative opinions about a job they are fired from then if they quit. You can have a negative or a positive viewpoint about just about anything.

Here is an interesting article talking about it:

Quote:
Jackson felt he was poorly utilized in Detroit. Even though he's had more success rushing from the left side, he was put behind Vanden Bosch to provide a reliable option that would allow the team to lighten the aging veteran's workload. Jackson admits he struggled to play to his ability on the right side in both Detroit and Seattle.

Jackson also suggests that the Lions didn't utilized other defensive lineman correctly, including Cliff Avril, who Jackson believes should have been a blindside pass-rusher because of his speed off the ball.

From the looks of it, it seems like he didn't agree with the way he was utilized here. Considering he's still a free agent, I think it's safe to assume he wasn't welcomed back. If that is the case, I wouldn't expect anything other than negativity coming from the former Lion.

Gotta consider the source, and look at the context (like many other posters alluded to)

Also, his bit about Schwartz lying to his face, supposedly is about some unnamed assistant coaches claiming Schwartz called him soft behind his back because he works out? Confused Laughing

And if Schwartz does think LoJack is soft.... why would they offer him a contract like he's trying to claim? If that bothered him so much, why did he "love the oragnization" just prior to free agency?
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Also, his bit about Schwartz lying to his face, supposedly is about some unnamed assistant coaches claiming Schwartz called him soft behind his back because he works out? Confused Laughing

And if Schwartz does think LoJack is soft.... why would they offer him a contract like he's trying to claim? If that bothered him so much, why did he "love the oragnization" just prior to free agency?

That "soft" part really sounds like a misunderstanding. Schwartz probably called him "soft" because of his play on the field, and that words were crossed. I don't think Schwartz would call a player "soft" because they work out too much. (Unless their workout is pathetic.)

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, some assistant coach told Jackson that Schwartz said he was soft.

From that Jackson has claimed Schwartz is a liar?

If the article is correct in what Jackson said, then he has maturity issues as well as problems with inter personal skills.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detroitroar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players not being held to the same standard? If that is referring to how hard he is or isnt on certain players, I dont have a problem with that.

Some guys are hard on themselves, and know right away when they made a mistake and need to fix it. Other guys get better by you constantly riding them. These things a common among any workplace you go.

detroitroar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

If the article is correct in what Jackson said, then he has maturity issues as well as problems with inter personal skills.

Yeah, for all my criticism of Schwartz, Im learning more about Lo-Jack, than I am Jim here.

Lawrence is coming off as a bitter former employee.

Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

From LoJack (stylish313's link):

Quote:
Jackson talked about getting the reputation of being a soft player because of how much time he spent in the training room taking care of his body. He was told by assistant coaches that he was called soft by Schwartz behind closed doors, but the coach would praise the defensive end's proactive approach to his face.

So suposedly, Schwartz called him soft for "taking care of his body". Laughing How does that make any sense whatsoever?

Justin Rogers did add the tidbit that Schwartz has used the same "proactive approach" with other players. So it seems strange that Schwartz would utilize an approach and then belittle a player for using that approach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: