Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

loJack goes off on shwartz and our Oc
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmudd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: loJack goes off on shwartz and our Oc Reply with quote

Makes me wonder if some of our other players are feeling the same. http://sidelionreport.com/2013/11/27/former-detroit-lions-de-lawrence-jackson-opens-team-jim-schwartz/
Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tweet at 1039 is interesting
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole thing is pretty interesting. It kind of validates a lot of things I have felt about Schwartz for a while. I also think it is funny that he doesn't like vanillahan either.

Not treating all similarly and having different standards is odd. I wonder if thats why its hard to get/keep depth players.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stuff indeed. If what he says is true about double standards and lying to the players, that isn't good for the team... creates resentment. Those are two things, morally speaking, I am adamantly against. I don't like hearing he runs the team like that.

I wish we could further investigate the context of the discussions LoJack alluded to.

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
The whole thing is pretty interesting. It kind of validates a lot of things I have felt about Schwartz for a while. I also think it is funny that he doesn't like vanillahan either.

Not treating all similarly and having different standards is odd. I wonder if thats why its hard to get/keep depth players.

If true then he's not the coach they need. One thing that separates the bad and the good teams from the great teams is depth. The top few teams in the NFL have good depth that they can bring in to replace starters when they go down. The Lions need those players, and if they can't keep them or get them to come here because of schwartz then they'll never see the success that we hope that they see.

All of this also makes the rumors about Mayhew and Schwartz having issues a little more realistic. But, hopefully this isn't all true and it's just an old player being bitter or something. That may be unlikely though.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

If true then he's not the coach they need. One thing that separates the bad and the good teams from the great teams is depth. The top few teams in the NFL have good depth that they can bring in to replace starters when they go down. The Lions need those players, and if they can't keep them or get them to come here because of schwartz then they'll never see the success that we hope that they see.

All of this also makes the rumors about Mayhew and Schwartz having issues a little more realistic. But, hopefully this isn't all true and it's just an old player being bitter or something. That may be unlikely though.

I think context and personal perception are key points that we don't know. Lo Jack could be someone raised where any lie, even joking bothers him. Maybe he asked about something stupid and Jim responded with an answer even if he didn't know. Maybe being treated different was that the stars like Calvin, Stafford, and Suh were punished differently for something stupid, which I don't doubt happens with all star players. I don't want to be too negative about it not knowing the conversations or more details, but I kind of had this idea of the staff anyways.

The interesting thing to me though, as far as I know, nobody currently on the team has jumpped to Jim's defense, or Linehan's. That is more telling than Lo Jacks statements.

edit: Lo Jack just made those statements today, so seeing if someone defends Jim or Scott tonight or after the game will be interesting.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

I think context and personal perception are key points that we don't know. Lo Jack could be someone raised where any lie, even joking bothers him. Maybe he asked about something stupid and Jim responded with an answer even if he didn't know. Maybe being treated different was that the stars like Calvin, Stafford, and Suh were punished differently for something stupid, which I don't doubt happens with all star players. I don't want to be too negative about it not knowing the conversations or more details, but I kind of had this idea of the staff anyways.

The interesting thing to me though, as far as I know, nobody currently on the team has jumpped to Jim's defense, or Linehan's. That is more telling than Lo Jacks statements.

edit: Lo Jack just made those statements today, so seeing if someone defends Jim or Scott tonight or after the game will be interesting.

I can agree with all of that.
DTOW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any coach should lie to their player but I think crying about holding different players to different standards is a garbage argument. Thats simply a fact of life, in any work force. Major producers have always and will always get more leeway than their counter part. I have been working in the financial industry for about a year and have roughly a $10 million portfolio. My counter part has been working in it for 4 years and has a $70 million portfolio. He gets to come and go as he pleases and gets the country club membership, because he produces more. Its just how it is and how it probably should be. I don't go complain to my boss about it because I expect to be in the same position when I produce more.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this and it makes me sick. I hope this is wrong. I really like most of our playing philosophies. I like our style of play and it makes it fun to watch as a fan. However, I don't want Stafford babied. I want him to be challenged to be the best (phreak called this in an earlier thread). I hope this is all false and he is just mad but it explains why he went to Minny instead of us when he knows our system and the power of our DL.

Sig bet
Chups

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Excellent points.

Also, could Lawerence Jackson be somewhat bitter because they didn't resign him? I was under the impression he wanted to come back to Detroit this year but they let him go. There could be some bad blood between him in the coaching staff because they didn't see him as an option.

Just my two cents.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:
Excellent points.

Also, could Lawerence Jackson be somewhat bitter because they didn't resign him? I was under the impression he wanted to come back to Detroit this year but they let him go. There could be some bad blood between him in the coaching staff because they didn't see him as an option.

Just my two cents.
According to Dave Birkett we offered him a contract and he went to Minny instead.

Sig bet
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting.

I can't disagree with a lot of it. Many of us wont really know the details of what was said, but he doesn't really sound bitter - and his comments aren't that unreasonable.

As for Stafford: eh. If LoJack is disappointed that Stafford wasn't ripped for making mistakes, that's fine... he has every right to be. Stafford appears pretty hard on himself as it is, and he has a full time coach assigned to work with (pretty much) only him on a daily basis. I'd also wager that Stafford has far more on his plate. Those comments really don't concern me.

As for the Avril/KVB: yeah, he's probably spot on. Avril would have been best rushing from the blind side, but Schwartz was going to remain loyal to KVB until he retired. It's probably not the best option, but I understand it.

Team Stylish
Chups

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Chups wrote:
Excellent points.

Just my two cents.
According to Dave Birkett we offered him a contract and he went to Minny instead.

That's pretty telling then and what he said does hold some truth.

Edit: He actually said in one of his tweets.
Quote:
I have nothing to be sour about, I chose to not come back. And this is stuff I felt when I played but couldn't tweet.

So it would appear what he's saying isn't out of bitterness.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Very interesting.

I can't disagree with a lot of it. Many of us wont really know the details of what was said, but he doesn't really sound bitter - and his comments aren't that unreasonable.

As for Stafford: eh. If LoJack is disappointed that Stafford wasn't ripped for making mistakes, that's fine... he has every right to be. Stafford appears pretty hard on himself as it is, and he has a full time coach assigned to work with (pretty much) only him on a daily basis. I'd also wager that Stafford has far more on his plate. Those comments really don't concern me.

As for the Avril/KVB: yeah, he's probably spot on. Avril would have been best rushing from the blind side, but Schwartz was going to remain loyal to KVB until he retired. It's probably not the best option, but I understand it.
IDK what he said about Avril/KVB. Good points on the Stafford thing.

Sig bet
perikirest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like this kind of stuff tbh cause the cracks start to form within the lockroom and just do nothing but cause problems.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: