Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams get the number 1 pick in 2014 NFL Draft from Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Rams get the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Rams get the number 1 pick in 2014 NFL Draft from Redskins Reply with quote

MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Rams get the number 1 pick in 2014 NFL Draft from Redski Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Ummmm no. I think we'll win 2 more and finish 5-11. That'll put us somewhere around 5-7.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 9 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Rams get the number 1 pick in 2014 NFL Draft from Redski Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Ummmm no. I think we'll win 2 more and finish 5-11. That'll put us somewhere around 5-7.

How in the world will this trash team win ONE more game..I sure don't see it ..
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've already won too many games for the Rams to have the #1 pick.

I think they end up with the 4th or 5th from our pick.

I think we win 1 more game and finish 4-12, clearly showing the team is no better off than when the Shanahan's took over a 4-12 team in 2010. Structure and appearance of the organization from the outside doesn't mean anything if the results on the field are still lousy.

Most of the moves they've made have not worked out the past 4 years and it's time people start recognizing their failures as Some of us realized early on in 2010.

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we'll split with the Giants and the Falcons game is a toss up. But we will lose to Dallas and Kansas City.

I honestly feel that we go 4-12 this season. But Jax and Houston will not win another game (outside of the one that they play against each other).

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be Top-5 for sure. I don't see us winning another game. But I also see other teams 1-4 that might now win another either.

BTW - I think we need to stop worrying about the Rams pick that we gave them in the first round. That pick is gone. Doesn't matter if it is #1 or #32, we still wouldn't be using it.

What we need to focus on is that on Friday of the NFL Draft in 2014, where will the Redskins be picking in Round 2? Basically because of the new format, Round 2 is just like a mini-first round. You'll have teams evaluating overnight after the first 32 players are gone and then teams may want to trade up in the 2nd to grab a player they want. So picking at the top of the round is advantageous as you'll get a player who may have slipped from the 1rst or you'll have a team in love with a player who has spent the night making phone calls in order to trade up. Previously they only had minutes to do that if a player slipped past #32. So, in draft terms, its advantageous for us to at least be in the Top-5.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
It will be Top-5 for sure. I don't see us winning another game. But I also see other teams 1-4 that might now win another either.

BTW - I think we need to stop worrying about the Rams pick that we gave them in the first round. That pick is gone. Doesn't matter if it is #1 or #32, we still wouldn't be using it.

What we need to focus on is that on Friday of the NFL Draft in 2014, where will the Redskins be picking in Round 2? Basically because of the new format, Round 2 is just like a mini-first round. You'll have teams evaluating overnight after the first 32 players are gone and then teams may want to trade up in the 2nd to grab a player they want. So picking at the top of the round is advantageous as you'll get a player who may have slipped from the 1rst or you'll have a team in love with a player who has spent the night making phone calls in order to trade up. Previously they only had minutes to do that if a player slipped past #32. So, in draft terms, its advantageous for us to at least be in the Top-5.

While true, trading back in this case would be awesome if we could pick up another 3rd round pick, but if the right player is there that we want, we have to pull the trigger. Hopefully, regardless of the pick that its a trench player.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

While true, trading back in this case would be awesome if we could pick up another 3rd round pick, but if the right player is there that we want, we have to pull the trigger. Hopefully, regardless of the pick that its a trench player.

Yes, I agree. Top of the 2nd allows us to basically get a 1rst round talent that may have just missed out of the 1rst. But it also allows us to maybe move down a few spots in the 2nd and possibly pick up a 2014 3rd (or a 2015 2nd) if a team is really in love with a player.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I think we win 1 more game and finish 4-12, clearly showing the team is no better off than when the Shanahan's took over a 4-12 team in 2010. Structure and appearance of the organization from the outside doesn't mean anything if the results on the field are still lousy.

Most of the moves they've made have not worked out the past 4 years and it's time people start recognizing their failures as Some of us realized early on in 2010.
Thats not true the jags have won 3 games now and oakland too. I think we are the worst team next too he falcons who I hink will beat us too.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Thats not true the jags have won 3 games now and oakland too. I think we are the worst team next too he falcons who I hink will beat us too.

Jags, Falcons and Texans have won 2 games.

Oakland has won 4.

Minnesota is 2-8-1.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far today the Ram courtesy of the Redskins are now picking number three behind Atlanta and Houston. I expect both of them to win at least one more game
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
So far today the Ram courtesy of the Redskins are now picking number three behind Atlanta and Houston. I expect both of them to win at least one more game
You forgot Tampa Bay.

Adopt - a - Redskin
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as us now and lose tiebreaker. Plus they will win 2 more games at least
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Same as us now and lose tiebreaker. Plus they will win 2 more games at least
You're assuming we lose tonight. As of right now TB is 3-9 (so is Jacksonville btw). We're only 3-8 so we're a half game ahead of them both.

Adopt - a - Redskin
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and unfortunately we lose big. Everything about this team leads me to believe they have packed it in for the season.

Atlanta pulled out a win so rams sitting on the second selection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: