Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Realistic free agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5237
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
I know that the Cardinals can start negotiating with Peterson about a new contract this offseason, but assuming they get a deal done, does that add money to the last year of his rookie contract, or would the big contract come into play after his rookie contract expires?


Starts after the old one finished usually
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 5694
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Peterson fired his agent, wonder what that means...
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IAmPacman


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 847
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I just saw Peterson fired his agent, wonder what that means...


_________________
#HundleyBackToAZ or #BortlesToAZ or #CarrToAZ
Daryl Washington is the best ILB in the league
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4239
Location: PA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I just saw Peterson fired his agent, wonder what that means...


This is really no big deal. He'll get a lot of money and that's money Keim will gladly spend to keep him here.

His agent is also Mathieu's agent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoggyBilling


Joined: 23 Nov 2013
Posts: 94
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson to become the highest paid defensive player in the league? Is it possible?

Has franchise player and stud written all over him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2391
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Ellington injured and Mendenhall being inconsistent, does Keim take a look at Choice for the end of the season? The guy is nowhere near as shifty and speedy as Ellington, but he does break some moderately long runs from time to time and almost always falls forward. He was buried on the Bills depth chart behind Spiller & Jackson and likely would be a #2 on most teams.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-release-Tashard-Choice/2bba5f6b-f664-4e0c-bbc5-251c231c9e59
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13214
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoggyBilling wrote:
Peterson to become the highest paid defensive player in the league? Is it possible?

Has franchise player and stud written all over him.


If he wants to be the highest paid CB in the league then have fun getting franchised...

The Cards are 10.5 under the cap for next season with 41 players under contract. Bring back Dansby + Roberts + Ta'amu and add 7-8 draft-picks and there's our roster.

Bring on the comp picks the following year!!
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50830
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
SoggyBilling wrote:
Peterson to become the highest paid defensive player in the league? Is it possible?

Has franchise player and stud written all over him.


If he wants to be the highest paid CB in the league then have fun getting franchised...

The Cards are 10.5 under the cap for next season with 41 players under contract. Bring back Dansby + Roberts + Ta'amu and add 7-8 draft-picks and there's our roster.

Bring on the comp picks the following year!!


He still has two years past this one on his rookie contract. It is just best to get these deals out of the way early, that is why we are talking about it now. That and the fact that you cannot extend these guys until after their 3rd year in the league.

Most guys who shine get the extension after their 3rd year as it is basically getting them what they would have got as a rookie has the draft payment scheme not been introduced.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5237
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Salford from the Rams?

He can be a guard or tackle, is young, steals one from our div rivals

Money is issue, 5 years 25 mil is ok for me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50830
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
What about Salford from the Rams?

He can be a guard or tackle, is young, steals one from our div rivals

Money is issue, 5 years 25 mil is ok for me


The guy is so darn injury prone though. He missed half of his teams games in 2011 and 2012.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13214
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
SoggyBilling wrote:
Peterson to become the highest paid defensive player in the league? Is it possible?

Has franchise player and stud written all over him.


If he wants to be the highest paid CB in the league then have fun getting franchised...

The Cards are 10.5 under the cap for next season with 41 players under contract. Bring back Dansby + Roberts + Ta'amu and add 7-8 draft-picks and there's our roster.

Bring on the comp picks the following year!!


He still has two years past this one on his rookie contract. It is just best to get these deals out of the way early, that is why we are talking about it now. That and the fact that you cannot extend these guys until after their 3rd year in the league.

Most guys who shine get the extension after their 3rd year as it is basically getting them what they would have got as a rookie has the draft payment scheme not been introduced.


He's a FA after next season.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50830
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
SoggyBilling wrote:
Peterson to become the highest paid defensive player in the league? Is it possible?

Has franchise player and stud written all over him.


If he wants to be the highest paid CB in the league then have fun getting franchised...

The Cards are 10.5 under the cap for next season with 41 players under contract. Bring back Dansby + Roberts + Ta'amu and add 7-8 draft-picks and there's our roster.

Bring on the comp picks the following year!!


He still has two years past this one on his rookie contract. It is just best to get these deals out of the way early, that is why we are talking about it now. That and the fact that you cannot extend these guys until after their 3rd year in the league.

Most guys who shine get the extension after their 3rd year as it is basically getting them what they would have got as a rookie has the draft payment scheme not been introduced.


He's a FA after next season.


All first round picks have a 5th year option.

http://in2theleague.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/nfl-cba-series-5th-year-option-for-1st-round-picks/
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13214
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realize that was under the new CBA. Good for us!
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50830
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Didn't realize that was under the new CBA. Good for us!


Though most teams never get to the point of using that option of their best players. Usually an extension has been tabled and signed by that point.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13214
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Didn't realize that was under the new CBA. Good for us!


Though most teams never get to the point of using that option of their best players. Usually an extension has been tabled and signed by that point.


I'm guessing we'll exercise that option on Dan Williams next year.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group