Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13: Cards @ Eagles POST GAME THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 87, 88, 89  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
You could say three where he went out of bounds on the final play - luckily it was a defensive holding call which gave us the first down.

He didn't go out of bounds that play

I don't recall what the ref ruled and it ultimately didn't end up mattering because of the penalty call, but again, he shouldn't be putting himself in a position where the ref has to make a judgement call. We needed to run the clock there, have some football sense and get down.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
You could say three where he went out of bounds on the final play - luckily it was a defensive holding call which gave us the first down.

It looked like he did. The point is mute though as there was a penalty, but if there wasn't I expect they would have reviewed it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
The thing that concerns me about Foles is the boneheaded decisions under pressure, which we still see. I saw him try to lateral / shuffle pass it to McCoy a couple times while getting sacked, that throw on the last drive while we were up 3 was just Vick-esque. He needs to cut that out and just chuck the ball out of bounds or take the sack. If we had lost on that interception at the end it would've negated an otherwise decent game.

Other then the two bad plays(the INT, the flip to McCoy on the sideline), when did Foles make a terrible boneheaded decision. Those are the only two bad decisions he made all game if I remember correctly! Are we really going to call our QB out for making two mistakes all game(none of which cost us at all)!?!?

Yes nitpicking

It's really not nitpicking, you don't want your QB making a play like that while you are up 3 points. You trust him enough to put the ball in his hands to make a throw, he cannot make a throw like that. If that pick stands there is most likely a different outcome to that game, it's great that we got the benefit of a questionable call, but don't overlook the fact that a poor play was made in that instance.

I agree with BLick here. It might be '1 or 2' plays but where those '1 or 2' plays can set the opposition up with great field position when you are only up by three points it is not great situational football, which Foles is normally good at.

So let me get this straight, you and Blick won't be happy until Foles makes absolutely no mistakes? Laughing

You guys will never be happy with him measuring up to that criterion! The guy made TWO mistakes and he is still only in his second year in the league! Come on, you guys have to see that you are overacting some. He still hasn't thrown a pick, and he is playing as good as any QB in the country right now, give him a chance to grow into a better QB before we all start acting like he has an issue dealing with pressure(he absolutely doesn't IMO).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

I don't recall what the ref ruled and it ultimately didn't end up mattering because of the penalty call, but again, he shouldn't be putting himself in a position where the ref has to make a judgement call. We needed to run the clock there, have some football sense and get down.

He ran over to the sideline and got down. That is literally exactly what he did. It wasn't even close.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call this 'not even close' AZ

The whole point of that concern is he shouldn't be anywhere close to the sideline - drop to the floor and kick a field goal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to ensure I'm not just hating on Foles, the thing I like most about him and what I think is going to really elevate him is his mental aptitude. He just knows (bar these few boneheaded plays) what to do with the ball. He reminds me of Brady in this aspect.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
And to ensure I'm not just hating on Foles, the thing I like most about him and what I think is going to really elevate him is his mental aptitude. He just knows (bar these few boneheaded plays) what to do with the ball. He reminds me of Brady in this aspect.

It's comical when you can't even criticize the guy for making one HORRENDOUS decision and a few other questionable ones.

I don't care if Foles makes mistakes, I expect him to make a few, but they CAN NOT happen when your team simply needs you to play smart when the game is essentially in hand.

And he didn't look very comfortable for a majority of the game under pressure, yes the Cards got to him a bit (and I acknowledge they have a good defense). But our defense forced 3 turnovers and sacked Palmer 5 times. Me pointing out one horrendous decision by him is letting our offense off easy. We also punted the ball 8 times, had many 3 and outs and scored only 7 points in the 2nd half. There was still much Foles and our offense can improve upon from this past game.

marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

It's comical when you can't even criticize the guy for making one HORRENDOUS decision and a few other questionable ones.

I don't care if Foles makes mistakes, I expect him to make a few, but they CAN NOT happen when your team simply needs you to play smart when the game is essentially in hand.

And he didn't look very comfortable for a majority of the game under pressure, yes the Cards got to him a bit (and I acknowledge they have a good defense). But our defense forced 3 turnovers and sacked Palmer 5 times. Me pointing out one horrendous decision by him is letting our offense off easy. We also punted the ball 8 times, had many 3 and outs and scored only 7 points in the 2nd half. There was still much Foles and our offense can improve upon from this past game.

I know what you mean. Foles has been very good, but there is room for improvement. Luckily Foles and Kelly are both guys who seem to want to continually improve.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
The thing that concerns me about Foles is the boneheaded decisions under pressure, which we still see. I saw him try to lateral / shuffle pass it to McCoy a couple times while getting sacked, that throw on the last drive while we were up 3 was just Vick-esque. He needs to cut that out and just chuck the ball out of bounds or take the sack. If we had lost on that interception at the end it would've negated an otherwise decent game.

Other then the two bad plays(the INT, the flip to McCoy on the sideline), when did Foles make a terrible boneheaded decision. Those are the only two bad decisions he made all game if I remember correctly! Are we really going to call our QB out for making two mistakes all game(none of which cost us at all)!?!?

Yes nitpicking

It's really not nitpicking, you don't want your QB making a play like that while you are up 3 points. You trust him enough to put the ball in his hands to make a throw, he cannot make a throw like that. If that pick stands there is most likely a different outcome to that game, it's great that we got the benefit of a questionable call, but don't overlook the fact that a poor play was made in that instance.

I agree with BLick here. It might be '1 or 2' plays but where those '1 or 2' plays can set the opposition up with great field position when you are only up by three points it is not great situational football, which Foles is normally good at.

So let me get this straight, you and Blick won't be happy until Foles makes absolutely no mistakes? Laughing

You guys will never be happy with him measuring up to that criterion! The guy made TWO mistakes and he is still only in his second year in the league! Come on, you guys have to see that you are overacting some. He still hasn't thrown a pick, and he is playing as good as any QB in the country right now, give him a chance to grow into a better QB before we all start acting like he has an issue dealing with pressure(he absolutely doesn't IMO).

I agree with Blick here. It's not that we're just bashing Foles for the hell of it. You don't see good QB's make plays like he did. You see them make the smart decisions like throwing it away or taking the sack.

It's inexcusable and there's really nothing else to say. If you don't see it that way then you are probably content with Vick's stupid turnovers as well.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Yes nitpicking

I agree with Blick here. It's not that we're just bashing Foles for the hell of it. You don't see good QB's make plays like he did. You see them make the smart decisions like throwing it away or taking the sack.

It's inexcusable and there's really nothing else to say. If you don't see it that way then you are probably content with Vick's stupid turnovers as well.

The only reason I even brought it up was the fact that Blick defended Vick when he was making those same errors, but is calling out Foles now?
But I see all of your points, and you are all right he shouldn't have made those mistakes. That being said, he is a second year QB and he is clearly well above the learning curve as is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

The only reason I even brought it up was the fact that Blick defended Vick when he was making those same errors, but is calling out Foles now?
But I see all of your points, and you are all right he shouldn't have made those mistakes. That being said, he is a second year QB and he is clearly well above the learning curve as is.

He is definitely a second year QB and you can see the things he's improved on this offseason. Lets hope he makes a similar improvement in his next offseason.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

He is definitely a second year QB and you can see the things he's improved on this offseason. Lets hope he makes a similar improvement in his next offseason.

Unlike Vick. Laughing
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect him to correct those mistakes as he gets experience. And other mistakes like some questionable deep throws (at least two in this game). Although I'm not sure he will with regards of the latter.

However I do expect Foles to "fall down to Earth" as soon as there is enough tape for DC to gameplan against his weaknesses, that's when we'll know if he is a franchise QB.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Yes nitpicking

Where have I ever defended Vick for making those same stupid plays? Go on, I'll listen.

My argument for Vick starting at the beginning of the year was based around the fact that I believed Chip Kelly would (and he actually did) put him in a system that would minimize the amount of reads and mistakes Vick would make as well as utilize his best assets, his legs. Vick had a 2.1% INT ratio, with 2 of his 3 picks coming against one of the best defenses in the NFL. So knock me for supporting Vick if you want, but him protecting the football wasn't the reason he lost his starting job this year.

And for the record, I never once excused Vick for being a dumbarse and if you read through the Chiefs GDT or the opening of the Giants game, I was the first one criticizing him for making poor decisions.

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 TDs, 0 INTs
5-1 record as a starter

No need to nitpick this very moment. Let's ride out the hot streak and see where it takes us.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 88 of 89

Jump to: