Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13: Cards @ Eagles POST GAME THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what worries me

Quote:
Nick Foles continues to struggle with pressure. On 15 pressured dropbacks he went four of ten for 41 yards(52.5 QB rating) and took five sacks.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/02/refo-cardinals-eagles-week-13/

We really need to keep Foles clean, he hasn't got the speed to scramble.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Blahman88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^On twitter the Philly beat writers said he was 10/18 for 150+ and 2 TD's with a 100+ QBR

RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to PFF he has a 74.3 QB rating when under pressure. That's pretty damn good, especially for a young gun. Some other QBs under pressure...

Peyton- 84.8
Rivers- 80.4
Ben- 71.0
Brees- 69.9
Luck- 67.3
Brady- 66.6
Newton- 63.9
Rodgers- 56.2
Vick- 54.4

Stop complaining.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
According to PFF he has a 74.3 QB rating when under pressure. That's pretty damn good, especially for a young gun. Some other QBs under pressure...

Peyton- 84.8
Rivers- 80.4
Ben- 71.0
Brees- 69.9
Luck- 67.3
Brady- 66.6
Newton- 63.9
Rodgers- 56.2
Vick- 54.4

Stop complaining.

Err, see link above - starts with Pro Football Focus, so looks like there is some discrepancy there, unless you're talking about the season which is fine as I was talking about this game.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Let's not forget Arizona has a pretty damn good defense

Finally doesn't choke.

Breaks back.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
^On twitter the Philly beat writers said he was 10/18 for 150+ and 2 TD's with a 100+ QBR

Must have differing views on pressured dropbacks.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
^^^Let's not forget Arizona has a pretty damn good defense

Indeed they do.

I wasn't criticising Foles, I was criticising the offensive line.

If we keep Foles clean he can pick anyone apart. If pressure gets in his face he's going to struggle, like most QBs.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that concerns me about Foles is the boneheaded decisions under pressure, which we still see. I saw him try to lateral / shuffle pass it to McCoy a couple times while getting sacked, that throw on the last drive while we were up 3 was just Vick-esque. He needs to cut that out and just chuck the ball out of bounds or take the sack. If we had lost on that interception at the end it would've negated an otherwise decent game.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
The thing that concerns me about Foles is the boneheaded decisions under pressure, which we still see. I saw him try to lateral / shuffle pass it to McCoy a couple times while getting sacked, that throw on the last drive while we were up 3 was just Vick-esque. He needs to cut that out and just chuck the ball out of bounds or take the sack. If we had lost on that interception at the end it would've negated an otherwise decent game.

Other then the two bad plays(the INT, the flip to McCoy on the sideline), when did Foles make a terrible boneheaded decision. Those are the only two bad decisions he made all game if I remember correctly! Are we really going to call our QB out for making two mistakes all game(none of which cost us at all)!?!?

2014 Draft Wish List: Khalil Mack, David Yankey, DeAndre Coleman, Jimmie Ward, Pierre Desir
PSN:TelevisedLlama
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Other then the two bad plays(the INT, the flip to McCoy on the sideline), when did Foles make a terrible boneheaded decision. Those are the only two bad decisions he made all game if I remember correctly! Are we really going to call our QB out for making two mistakes all game(none of which cost us at all)!?!?

Yes nitpicking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could say three where he went out of bounds on the final play - luckily it was a defensive holding call which gave us the first down.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Yes, especially since one of them would've turned the game upside down if not for a phantom PI call. It is great that we can all do the happy dance that everything worked out, but it is extremely discouraging to see our QB make a play like that with the game on the line, that is as dumb of a play as you can make. It wasn't like he even shorted it to the sideline he literally threw it over the middle of the field while in the clutches of a sack.

The thing to McCoy happened more than once by the way, I saw him pitch one back to him while he was going down as well as try and throw another one, just not smart plays. And this isn't exactly a new thing with Foles, yes, for the most part he makes good decisions but many times under pressure I've seen him making mind numbingly bad decisions (not just this game), fortunately, our o-line usually does an adequate job of keeping him clean.

BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Yes nitpicking

It's really not nitpicking, you don't want your QB making a play like that while you are up 3 points. You trust him enough to put the ball in his hands to make a throw, he cannot make a throw like that. If that pick stands there is most likely a different outcome to that game, it's great that we got the benefit of a questionable call, but don't overlook the fact that a poor play was made in that instance.

marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Yes nitpicking

It's really not nitpicking, you don't want your QB making a play like that while you are up 3 points. You trust him enough to put the ball in his hands to make a throw, he cannot make a throw like that. If that pick stands there is most likely a different outcome to that game, it's great that we got the benefit of a questionable call, but don't overlook the fact that a poor play was made in that instance.

I agree with BLick here. It might be '1 or 2' plays but where those '1 or 2' plays can set the opposition up with great field position when you are only up by three points it is not great situational football, which Foles is normally good at.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
You could say three where he went out of bounds on the final play - luckily it was a defensive holding call which gave us the first down.

He didn't go out of bounds that play

Nick Foles supporter since 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 87 of 89

Jump to: