Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13- Bengals @ Chargers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Week 13- Bengals @ Chargers Reply with quote

Good bye week. Time to play!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do the Bengals always play the Chargers in SD? Why can't it ever be in Cincinnati?

Anyway, the Chargers and Bengals have both been up and down. I expect a close game, but the Chargers like to beat themselves in strange ways...and their defense isn't the greatest.

I predict the Bengals make some special teams plays again to win the ball game. I'd like to see Andy get back on track. If he were ever to do it, it would be this week. Bad defense, nice weather, healthy offense. But we'll see what happens.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had a few weeks of bad Andy, time for good Andy to make an appearance again.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
We've had a few weeks of bad Andy, time for good Andy to make an appearance again.

An extended appearance would be greatly appreciated.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Why do the Bengals always play the Chargers in SD? Why can't it ever be in Cincinnati?

Not forgetting the famous 'Freezer Bowl' AFC Championship Game in 1982........

Think it could be a little warmer in SoCal this coming weekend. Anyone here go to that game ?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time they were here that I can recall off the top of my head we blew like a 20 some point lead in the second half. It was the start of pick 6 Palmer. I'm sure we have played them here at least once since, just don't remember
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvin can't win out of the bye. I feel jinxed against SD. Going cross country and winning is always tough. So yeah, I'm super optimistic about this one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
Marvin can't win out of the bye. I feel jinxed against SD. Going cross country and winning is always tough. So yeah, I'm super optimistic about this one.

Then you have to throw in the Andy factor:

If he plays great(25% of the time) we have a very good chance to win.
If he plays decent to good (40% of the time) we have a decently good chance to win if we catch most of the breaks in the game,.
If he plays like he has the last month(35% of the time) we're screwed unless everything goes our way, and then we still might lose.

I do not like our chances this game because it is hard to see Andy playing at his best after watching him the last few weeks.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

If he plays decent to good (40% of the time) we have a decently good chance to win if we catch most of the breaks in the game,.
If he plays like he has the last month(35% of the time) we're screwed unless everything goes our way, and then we still might lose.

I do not like our chances this game because it is hard to see Andy playing at his best after watching him the last few weeks.

Sure, the QB is a big factor in our success.

Also big factors in our success are the guys around him catching, running, and blocking for him, guys not giving up dumb-a$$ penalties, better play-calling and generally not being 3rd and 8 most of the time.

Other than that, yup; its all on the QB........
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

Sure, the QB is a big factor in our success.

Also big factors in our success are the guys around him catching, running, and blocking for him, guys not giving up dumb-a$$ penalties, better play-calling and generally not being 3rd and 8 most of the time.

Other than that, yup; its all on the QB........

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a good feeling this week. The Chargers are playing great football as of late. There offense was able to put up 41 points on one of the best defenses in the game. Plus the game is in San Diego, where as the Bengals haven't played well on the road all year.

Bengals 23 Chargers 28
Zappaz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
I don't have a good feeling this week. The Chargers are playing great football as of late. There offense was able to put up 41 points on one of the best defenses in the game. Plus the game is in San Diego, where as the Bengals haven't played well on the road all year.

Bengals 23 Chargers 28

The win at KC actually stopped a 3 game losing streak. The team is very inconsistent and the defense gives up too much. The odd part though is we play good teams very well but play horrible against bad teams, we're 4-1 vs teams with a winning record and 1-5 against teams with a losing record.... its nuts. If the offense can continue to roll, and our D make some plays I think it could be a good game. I just have no faith in the D stopping your guys speed, plus we tend to not play you well. You've won the last 2 games against us and one was in SD.

Good luck and lets hope for an exciting injury free game!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Bengals 23 Chargers 28

The win at KC actually stopped a 3 game losing streak. The team is very inconsistent and the defense gives up too much. The odd part though is we play good teams very well but play horrible against bad teams, we're 4-1 vs teams with a winning record and 1-5 against teams with a losing record.... its nuts. If the offense can continue to roll, and our D make some plays I think it could be a good game. I just have no faith in the D stopping your guys speed, plus we tend to not play you well. You've won the last 2 games against us and one was in SD.

If Dalton plays like he has over his last three games, our receivers could have jet boosters attached to them and it won't make a difference. You just never know what you're going to get from Dalton in a given week.

And yes, here's to an injury-free game. Don't know about you guys, but we could definitely use one...
Hokie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see this game going either way. Chargers are coming off a big and emotional victory, and they're at home. I think we're the better overall team though. This is a game I would stay away from for betting purposes.

I'll go with my inner-homer and say Bengals win 24-17.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Bengals 23 Chargers 28

The thing is those games the Chargers lost could of went either way. The stats you gave out only prove more reason why the Chargers have an advantage. 4-1 against winning record teams? Well that scares me even more. You can't necessarily go by winning streaks either. Jets had a 4 game winning streak on the Bengals before the Jets got rocked earlier this season. If the game was in Cincinnati, I would no doubt favor Cincy since they are undefeated there, but they are not. Instead its on the road where Cincy is only 2-4. Last year at San Diego it was close where the Bengals had to put a game winning drive to win it.

I have rarely picked the Bengals to lose so far this year. Only picked them to lose 2 games. Patriots and Lions which they both happened to win, so hopefully I'm wrong again.

9-2 when it comes to me picking them to lose or win, 5-6 when I'm actually right or wrong on the picks though Smile

But yeah we will see. Its a coin flip IMO and wasn't an easy pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: