Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond Facing Suspensions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
So Aldon Smith can have several DUIs, drug possession charges and 3 felony weapons charges and "come back when you're better" no repercussions.

Browner smokes some "Legal" weed and boom 1 year suspension?

I don't get how that works......thats some BIG ol pile of Bullpoo!

Firstly, the NFL code of conduct hasn't adapted itself to the recent legalisation of marijuana. Secondly, in lieu of the first point, Browner damn well knows that he shouldn't be smoking weed, especially when he gets frequently drug tested.

Browner is far from a smart cookie so I give him no sympathy here. He's not the smartest person and is a meat head.
And to add on that, Smith with likely be handed a suspension next year.

On top of that, this wasn't Browner's first offense. He knew the repercussions.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
So Aldon Smith can have several DUIs, drug possession charges and 3 felony weapons charges and "come back when you're better" no repercussions.

Firstly, the NFL code of conduct hasn't adapted itself to the recent legalisation of marijuana. Secondly, in lieu of the first point, Browner damn well knows that he shouldn't be smoking weed, especially when he gets frequently drug tested.

Browner is far from a smart cookie so I give him no sympathy here. He's not the smartest person and is a meat head.

Indeed. As we know with Marshawn, criminal cases can take a long time to be resolved. Drug prosecutions are handled in-house by the NFL, hence why we see such fast turn-arounds on suspensions/fines.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Indeed. As we know with Marshawn, criminal cases can take a long time to be resolved. Drug prosecutions are handled in-house by the NFL, hence why we see such fast turn-arounds on suspensions/fines.

Yes, there is a difference between getting popped by the league testing procedures and getting popped by law enforcement.

I believe the league has to wait for legal issues to be resolved before they can hand out disciplinary action. When the league pops a guy in it's testing program, the discipline can be immediate.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Browner reportedly rejected NFL deal, seeking to have suspension reduced to a fine

http://www.fieldgulls.com/latest-news/2013/12/4/5175034/brandon-browner-suspension-rejected-nfl-deal-seahawks-pete-carroll

Interesting revelation on Browners case

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RapSheet: #Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has been suspended indefinitely for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, per source.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: