Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond Facing Suspensions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
Can honestly say that I am not shocked by this, but it is amazing that these guys just dont seem to get it. Anyone have any ideas on what it was he got popped for? Was his last season for Adderal? If so is this it again?

Also do you guys think that its a culture with the organization? Obviously these are grown men, but the amount of PED suspensions in Seattle is becoming record setting over the past few seasons. Do you guys think it is at all plausible that the staff may be helping foster the culture?

I hate that this stuff happens because the rivalry between our organizations is awesome and Browner in particular was a focal point in it.

...............................................................it's not PEDs

Ok so if its not which we actually dont know.........why does it keep happening? This time try to answer the questions I posed. I cam in to simply ask some questions. I figured you guys would have some insight. Maybe that was asking too much from you?

you came in asking about PEDs and their problem in Seattle. Recent events are not an example of such. What question do you want us to answer?

I didnt ask about PED's. I asked if his previous one was for "Adderal" and if anyone knew what this was for? I also asked if you guys think that the staff could be fostering the culture as the past few seasons have had a fair amount of suspensions/dirty tests in Seattle.

Be it a PED or just basic substance abuse there has been a significant amount of news in this area when it comes to the Seahawks organization. Thats really my main question. I mean obviously their are dirty players in the league, but can it really be called a coincidence at this point in Seattle? Im trying to gauge teh opinion of the fans. Clearly most have made it clear that you dont want the guy back, but do any of you look at the staff and wonder if they play any role?
At the beginning of the year Max Unger and Sherman had a talk with the team. They said "we're trying to do something special here. If you want to go off and do something, that's fine. You won't be here next year." (to paraphrase). No, I don't think it's a problem within the lockerroom. I don't expect Browner in particular will be getting any love from teammates.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today i asked my roommate what percentage of my sunday swearing (yeah i'm that guy, i get angry) is directed towards brandon browner, he said that a good 60% of it is "**** you brandon browner"

so maybe this will help
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
Can honestly say that I am not shocked by this, but it is amazing that these guys just dont seem to get it. Anyone have any ideas on what it was he got popped for? Was his last season for Adderal? If so is this it again?

Also do you guys think that its a culture with the organization? Obviously these are grown men, but the amount of PED suspensions in Seattle is becoming record setting over the past few seasons. Do you guys think it is at all plausible that the staff may be helping foster the culture?

I hate that this stuff happens because the rivalry between our organizations is awesome and Browner in particular was a focal point in it.

Ok so if its not which we actually dont know.........why does it keep happening? This time try to answer the questions I posed. I cam in to simply ask some questions. I figured you guys would have some insight. Maybe that was asking too much from you?

you came in asking about PEDs and their problem in Seattle. Recent events are not an example of such. What question do you want us to answer?

I didnt ask about PED's. I asked if his previous one was for "Adderal" and if anyone knew what this was for? I also asked if you guys think that the staff could be fostering the culture as the past few seasons have had a fair amount of suspensions/dirty tests in Seattle.

Be it a PED or just basic substance abuse there has been a significant amount of news in this area when it comes to the Seahawks organization. Thats really my main question. I mean obviously their are dirty players in the league, but can it really be called a coincidence at this point in Seattle? Im trying to gauge teh opinion of the fans. Clearly most have made it clear that you dont want the guy back, but do any of you look at the staff and wonder if they play any role?

You can't blame an organization for what these guys do when they are away from the facilities as Tats said they held a meeting don't know what more you can do.
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

You can't blame an organization for what these guys do when they are away from the facilities as Tats said they held a meeting don't know what more you can do.

I agree you cannot blame the organization. Until they allow the guy to return and do it again. We will see if they bring him back. I think this is a moment for the Seahwaks organization to make a statement. Dont bring him back and dont pay him. Make it very clear that what was said in the meeting is true

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Finchy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo

Brandon Browner had a hearing today regarding his appeal for his suspension. Should be a while before a verdict.

Delaying the inevitable.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

I agree you cannot blame the organization. Until they allow the guy to return and do it again. We will see if they bring him back. I think this is a moment for the Seahwaks organization to make a statement. Dont bring him back and dont pay him. Make it very clear that what was said in the meeting is true
I don't think they were bringing him back to begin with.

I'll be more interested to see what they do with Thurmond

ram29jackson wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browner wasn't even playing that well this year anyways. He's too slow. I'm happy to get some other guys opportunities at the other CB spot. At least we will get Thurmond back before a playoff run.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Browner wasn't even playing that well this year anyways. He's too slow. I'm happy to get some other guys opportunities at the other CB spot. At least we will get Thurmond back before a playoff run.
John Clayton thinks Seattle could potentially just cut ties with him this year to prove a point... I don't think they will, but I could see it as a possibility.

ram29jackson wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
John Clayton thinks Seattle could potentially just cut ties with him this year to prove a point... I don't think they will, but I could see it as a possibility.

I don't think PC will cut ties with him, even if only to keep other players from thinking that this organization would do that them if they screwed up. Reputation is big.

Personally, though, I would absolutely cut him immediately. He won't be able to help us for the rest of this year and won't even be up for reinstatement until next December at the earliest. But an even bigger issue is his personal discipline. This is the 2nd year in a row he has been popped for something. I don't care about the legality of what he might have been doing (read: cannabis) it's more about his conducting himself in a manner that takes away from what the team and the organization are trying to accomplish. I have no problems with 2nd chances, but he has now blown that. I would not give him another opportunity within this organization.

Walt Thurmond might be a slightly different issue. I don't know what kind of baggage he brings with him. I vaguely remember something about when a player gets suspended, it's because he has already failed a test previously to put him into the leagues drug offender program and so when he gets suspended it means it's actually his 2nd offense, but I'm not positive about that. Also, what the league can put you into the program for is pretty vague and borderline ridiculous, like drinking too much water before testing because it's considered a masking agent. So I don't really know what's in his past, so if this is his first big issue with the team, then I'm alright with giving him another chance, but if this has been a chronic issue with him going back awhile then I'd say cut him loose too.

On another note, I saw we signed Perrish Cox and then cut him a day later to promote DeShawn Shead from the PS.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

I don't think PC will cut ties with him, even if only to keep other players from thinking that this organization would do that them if they screwed up. Reputation is big.

Personally, though, I would absolutely cut him immediately. He won't be able to help us for the rest of this year and won't even be up for reinstatement until next December at the earliest. But an even bigger issue is his personal discipline. This is the 2nd year in a row he has been popped for something. I don't care about the legality of what he might have been doing (read: cannabis) it's more about his conducting himself in a manner that takes away from what the team and the organization are trying to accomplish. I have no problems with 2nd chances, but he has now blown that. I would not give him another opportunity within this organization.

Walt Thurmond might be a slightly different issue. I don't know what kind of baggage he brings with him. I vaguely remember something about when a player gets suspended, it's because he has already failed a test previously to put him into the leagues drug offender program and so when he gets suspended it means it's actually his 2nd offense, but I'm not positive about that. Also, what the league can put you into the program for is pretty vague and borderline ridiculous, like drinking too much water before testing because it's considered a masking agent. So I don't really know what's in his past, so if this is his first big issue with the team, then I'm alright with giving him another chance, but if this has been a chronic issue with him going back awhile then I'd say cut him loose too.

On another note, I saw we signed Perrish Cox and then cut him a day later to promote DeShawn Shead from the PS.
I'm confused. I was purely talking about Thurmond. Are you talking about Browner in the 1st paragraph? Because I don't see any way he stays here

ram29jackson wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

I'm confused. I was purely talking about Thurmond. Are you talking about Browner in the 1st paragraph? Because I don't see any way he stays here

Ya, I thought you were talking about Browner from the get go, lol.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Aldon Smith can have several DUIs, drug possession charges and 3 felony weapons charges and "come back when you're better" no repercussions.

Browner smokes some "Legal" weed and boom 1 year suspension?

I don't get how that works......thats some BIG ol pile of Bullpoo!
klyon7634

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:

That's the one! I wasn't being original. I was being real! Shocked
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
So Aldon Smith can have several DUIs, drug possession charges and 3 felony weapons charges and "come back when you're better" no repercussions.

Browner smokes some "Legal" weed and boom 1 year suspension?

I don't get how that works......thats some BIG ol pile of Bullpoo!

Firstly, the NFL code of conduct hasn't adapted itself to the recent legalisation of marijuana. Secondly, in lieu of the first point, Browner damn well knows that he shouldn't be smoking weed, especially when he gets frequently drug tested.

Browner is far from a smart cookie so I give him no sympathy here. He's not the smartest person and is a meat head.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: