Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond Facing Suspensions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tate had the Audacity to call the pair "selfish" today. I'm not saying he's wrong, but he's figuratively too small to be getting on that high horse.
The action on their part was selfish

No doubt, and he's right. But so is showboating in a close game, catching punts that are bouncing dangerously in the air and breaking into donut shops.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Finchy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tate had the Audacity to call the pair "selfish" today. I'm not saying he's wrong, but he's figuratively too small to be getting on that high horse.

No doubt, and he's right. But so is showboating in a close game, catching punts that are bouncing dangerously in the air and breaking into donut shops.

When talking about WT3 and Browner, I think the horse is likely to be high.

I read a book a week, so...
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:

Tate did say he loved them both before saying that though and he is right because they did something that they knew could get them suspended and did it anyways without thinking once about the consequences.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:

Tate did say he loved them both before saying that though and he is right because they did something that they knew could get them suspended and did it anyways without thinking once about the consequences.

I understand that. But there are much better examples on this team keeping their mouth shut about it, which is my stance.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:

I understand that. But there are much better examples on this team keeping their mouth shut about it, which is my stance.

I agree with you completely. Golden Tate is one of the last people on the team who should be opening his mouth and providing commentary. He has no reason to say anything and his past antics make him hardly innocent in calling somebody else 'selfish'.
Finchy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/26/browners-predicament-possibly-arises-from-unfair-implementation-of-substance-abuse-policy/

Interesting article that hypothesizes that maybe Browner isn't as bad a guy as the media is making him out to be.

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read it, but my guess is its talking about how he stopped going to get drug tested while in Denver because he was cut so he's had an extended period of time at level 3. That still doesn't change the fact that he did it AGAIN...

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I haven't read it, but my guess is its talking about how he stopped going to get drug tested while in Denver because he was cut so he's had an extended period of time at level 3. That still doesn't change the fact that he did it AGAIN...

That's pretty what the article talks about. It says how the NFL put him into Level 3 because he didn't show up to drug tests, although he was playing in the CFL.

Nonetheless, Browner is still at fault. He has been done for PED's TWO TIMES in the past two years. That's inexcusable.
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can honestly say that I am not shocked by this, but it is amazing that these guys just dont seem to get it. Anyone have any ideas on what it was he got popped for? Was his last season for Adderal? If so is this it again?

Also do you guys think that its a culture with the organization? Obviously these are grown men, but the amount of PED suspensions in Seattle is becoming record setting over the past few seasons. Do you guys think it is at all plausible that the staff may be helping foster the culture?

I hate that this stuff happens because the rivalry between our organizations is awesome and Browner in particular was a focal point in it.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
Can honestly say that I am not shocked by this, but it is amazing that these guys just dont seem to get it. Anyone have any ideas on what it was he got popped for? Was his last season for Adderal? If so is this it again?

Also do you guys think that its a culture with the organization? Obviously these are grown men, but the amount of PED suspensions in Seattle is becoming record setting over the past few seasons. Do you guys think it is at all plausible that the staff may be helping foster the culture?

I hate that this stuff happens because the rivalry between our organizations is awesome and Browner in particular was a focal point in it.

...............................................................it's not PEDs

wwhickok wrote:

clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

Ok so if its not which we actually dont know.........why does it keep happening? This time try to answer the questions I posed. I cam in to simply ask some questions. I figured you guys would have some insight. Maybe that was asking too much from you?

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

Ok so if its not which we actually dont know.........why does it keep happening? This time try to answer the questions I posed. I cam in to simply ask some questions. I figured you guys would have some insight. Maybe that was asking too much from you?

you came in asking about PEDs and their problem in Seattle. Recent events are not an example of such. What question do you want us to answer?

wwhickok wrote:

Finchy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

Best guess is cannabis, but can't know for sure. Probably assumed they could get away with it, but obviously they aren't as smart as they thought they were.

clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

you came in asking about PEDs and their problem in Seattle. Recent events are not an example of such. What question do you want us to answer?

I didnt ask about PED's. I asked if his previous one was for "Adderal" and if anyone knew what this was for? I also asked if you guys think that the staff could be fostering the culture as the past few seasons have had a fair amount of suspensions/dirty tests in Seattle.

Be it a PED or just basic substance abuse there has been a significant amount of news in this area when it comes to the Seahawks organization. Thats really my main question. I mean obviously their are dirty players in the league, but can it really be called a coincidence at this point in Seattle? Im trying to gauge teh opinion of the fans. Clearly most have made it clear that you dont want the guy back, but do any of you look at the staff and wonder if they play any role?

clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

Best guess is cannabis, but can't know for sure. Probably assumed they could get away with it, but obviously they aren't as smart as they thought they were.

Yeah I would assume thats the best guess as well. There are a lot of guys that are using in the offseason I'm sure. Wouldnt doubt it during the season either. Browner just proved how much of an idiot he really is. He knows he is under the thumb of the league and he dissregards it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: