Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond Facing Suspensions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond Facing Suspensions Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288008/article/seattle-seahawks-brandon-browner-faces-suspension

Quote:
NFL Media columnist Michael Silver reported Monday that Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner is facing a suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. The suspension is for one year, NFL Media's Albert Breer reported, per union sources. The Seahawks are ready to move on without Browner, per Silver.

Quote:
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Seahawks cornerback Walter Thurmond is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Thurmond is expected to drop an appeal of his suspension next week in order to return for the playoffs.

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never want to see either of them in a Hawks uni again. Im so sick and tired of this crap.

Absolute joke, Browner just flushed the only real money he'll make in the league away.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck I'm happy Browner did this. Now we can resign for vet minimum, instead of the 4-6 million he would have commanded on the open market. Same with WT3 no team will touch him after this.

Keep our guys cheap. "When life gives you cow turds make lemonade" (or something like that)..... I'm just an optimistic person.
SPAuthentic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Heck I'm happy Browner did this. Now we can resign for vet minimum, instead of the 4-6 million he would have commanded on the open market. Same with WT3 no team will touch him after this.

Keep our guys cheap. "When life gives you cow turds make lemonade" (or something like that)..... I'm just an optimistic person.

Bingo Bango.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Browner back. Thurmond I'd take

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SPAuthentic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... He was only a couple weeks away from getting a 4 game suspension instead.

I know it's very unlikely but, there still is a chance that Browner wins his appeal.

But If his appeal is not upheld.......... better call Adele.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPAuthentic wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Bingo Bango.

Doesn't seem right to want your best players to violate the league's drug illegal substance policy so you can resign them for cheaper contracts.
SPAuthentic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robust Perry wrote:
SPAuthentic wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Bingo Bango.

Doesn't seem right to want your best players to violate the league's drug illegal substance policy so you can resign them for cheaper contracts.

They aren't our best..... and the reason for wanting cheaper contracts is so we can use that money, for our best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not want Browner back. John and Pete will find another stud to fill that role I'm sure of it. Hopefully he isn't a bonehead like Browner. So anyone else come to conclusion that BB and Thurm were tokin on the same doobie?

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browner is gone for a calendar year. Even if you re-signed him for the veteran minimum, he couldn't play til week 13 next year. On top of that, I'm not willing to waste a roster spot on someone that doesn't care about anyone but himself. If you give him an opportunity, he's going to make you regret it. He doesn't learn from his mistakes, so cut ties with him. If you put him on this team, it's going to take the opportunity from someone else. Browner isn't even that good. I'd rather have Deshawn Shead play his role because at least he has some speed to keep up. That's if PC/JS "HAVE" to have a guy to play that type of role. Obviously they like Shead too if they're paying him the type of money someone on a 53 man roster makes to sit on the practice squad.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for cutting ties with BB. Walter Thurmond deserves to be re-signed at a good price though. Lofa Tatupu got done for DUI's, we never wanted him gone on that basis so why WTIII?
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's interesting is that when Sherman and Browner were facing suspensions last year, it was reported on the exact same date, November 25th 2012. Apparently Browner doesn't know how to mark important drug testing dates on his calendar.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the media is going to pin this on Caroll some how but 20-25+ year olds should not have to be followed around and told not to do drugs.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tate had the Audacity to call the pair "selfish" today. I'm not saying he's wrong, but he's figuratively too small to be getting on that high horse.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tate had the Audacity to call the pair "selfish" today. I'm not saying he's wrong, but he's figuratively too small to be getting on that high horse.
The action on their part was selfish

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: