Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Eagles HOF Thread. Congrats to E808 and Blah!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: 2013 Eagles HOF Thread. Congrats to E808 and Blah!!! Reply with quote

2011 HOF Class

Nabbs4u

Steegles46

ianlewis16

2012 HOF Class

Phire

ninjapirate

Bednarik60

2013 Eagles Forum HOF Inductions

Alright guys, as you know we've been running our HOF nomination process over the last week or so. Well it's all wrapped up, voting closed and the votes are in and final. I'd like to thank everyone that took part in this and sent in their own nominations!

Lets start with some info and numbers on the voting!

Members that received at least ONE nomination for the 2013 Eagles Hall of Fame.

Arrow Batcountry
Arrow Art Vandalay
Arrow Blick12
Arrow Phreak
Arrow Babyatemydingo
Arrow Blahman88
Arrow Eagles 808
Arrow Kiltman
Arrow marky_b27

Member Statistics:
Date joined ; Starting with longest tenures.

Batcountry: Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Total posts: 5520
Blahman88: Joined 30 Mar 2006
Total posts: 20,222
Blick12: Joined: 12 Mar 2007
marky_b27: Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Kiltman: Joined: 25 Nov 2007

Total Posts ; Highest to lowest

Eagles808:...............................27,568
Blahman88:..............................23,292
Blick12:....................................22,296
Art Vandalay:.......................... 20,222
marky_b27:...............................19,313
Kiltman:....................................12,575
Phreak:.....................................5,466
Batcountry:...............................5,520
Babyatemydingo:.....................6,531

Arrow I'm honored to be able to be the first to congratulate both of these members for being our 2013 Eagles HOF Inductees! Some have been here since the early days of Footballsfuture.com and both have consistently been contributors to not only the Eagles forum, but the entire forum itself! Without any further adieu, I give you your 2013 Eagles Forum Hall of Fame members...

The 2013 Eagles Forum HOF Inductees

Eagles_808

Quote:
Member of the current mod trio who does a lot to maintain the board and represent it in the larger world of FF

Quote:
A great mod with a ton of posts. Keeps things relaxed and has become the forum "Schefter". He's usually the first one to post any news that has to do with the Eagles. Usually very level headed in my opinion and you rarely see garbage posts just for the sake of posting for him and I respect that. Of all the current active posters not in the Eagles Forum Hall of Fame, I can't think of another person who deserves to be in it more.

Quote:
Obviously the Eagles forum has the best mods on the site, and i can't believe all 3 aren't in yet. 808 is like a cool uncle that would let you drink a beer with him while babysitting you. Hell tell you to use protection as opposed to practicing absence. A good dude, and deserved Hall of Famer.

Quote:
Despite his love for all things underage, 808 is an integral poster and moderator in the Eagles Forum. He supplies a lot of the breaking news in the forum, and is always on the ball when it comes to all things Eagle and jailbait.

Quote:
His constant pedophilia brings a nice levity to the forum.

Quote:
Always keeps a level head and never takes things too seriously, yet has helped keep us as one of the most well organized forums on the site. He's smart and handsome too.

Blahman88

Quote:
One of the EBB head honchos. Big personality who gives the board a lot of its flavor

Quote:
A favorite of most posters, he always adds what he thinks is a comedic touch to the forum. One of the founding members of the EBB, he deserves some credit.

Quote:
One of the originals. A valued member of the forum who brings humor and at times even for him knowledge to the Forum. Normally 1 brit would be enough but at least this one didn't vote for himself.

Quote:
If I didn't vote for him he would sick Reggie on me.

Quote:
Been around since waaaay back. Key poster to the forum.

2013 Eagles Hall of Fame Voting!

It's time once again boys and girls for the HOF class of 2013 to be selected. We started our own Forums HOF two seasons ago. Being one of the more active places to talk football throughout footballs future. There are a lot of great members from the past and now in the present for your considerations.

But who deserves to be hailed a forum hall of famer? That's where you come in. For the next 7 days (hopefully sooner) I will be tallying up PM's for possible HOF Inductees. Being our 3rd season doing this we will only be inducting a maximum of 2 posters. Please as addressed below send me (Nabbs4u) "Pm's only" of your top 2 candidates with reasons why you feel they are deserving? Some responses might be used during the ceremonies to come later on. Please note the 6 names above as HOF Members already inducted. Thanks

Who Qualifies as a Eagles Forum HOFer?

Anyone can be nominated and anyone can win! New member, old member -- it doesn't matter! However please take this seriously when making your submissions. If you feel you truely deserve to be inducted you are allowed to vote for yourself, ian cough cough. It is allowed. All I and others ask is that you please take this seriously when submitting your Ballots.

Arrow PM me (Nabbs4u only)your vote and explanation.
Arrow > Please vote "IN ORDER" (possible tie breaker) for the 2 members you feel deserves to be in the HOF.
Arrow > Please give an explanation to why you feel he/she/it deserves to be in?

If you have any questions just post them here and I will try to address them as best as possible.

[size=24]Please do not post who you're going to vote for in this thread.

Thanks!!![/size]

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 8 Rec/ 142 Yds/ 2 TD/ 17.75 YPC/

Last edited by Nabbs4u on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:13 am; edited 5 times in total
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Votes sent. Pretty easy call this time IMO

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot to give an explanation, but neither needed one.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys want to keep it top 2 names sent in or make it top 3 names sent in order and only the top 2 vote getters make it?? I know we discussed making the selection process only two from here on out last year. Should the nomination process involve more then 2 names is what i'm asking? Let me know.

Bird Watch:
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We talked about it last year, but I think breaking it down to TWO per year from here on out is a good idea. Otherwise the entire forum will be in the Hall of Fame Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
We talked about it last year, but I think breaking it down to TWO per year from here on out is a good idea. Otherwise the entire forum will be in the Hall of Fame Laughing

Yeah i was thinking the same thing Laughing. We gain an average of 2 posters a year (that actually stick around) so having more then two would just be silly.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 6 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

No you're misunderstanding my question. It is already set at 2 inductees! I am asking what should the nomination PM consist of 2 names or 3 names? Nominations should always be in order from #1 to #3. When adding up all of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rds , Two winners can still emerge thats all. It give the process more diveresity if posters are having trouble with who should be #2. I'm fine either way.

Bird Watch:
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:

No you're misunderstanding my question. It is already set at 2 inductees! I am asking what should the nomination PM consist of 2 names or 3 names? Nominations should always be in order from #1 to #3. When adding up all of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rds , Two winners can still emerge thats all. It give the process more diveresity if posters are having trouble with who should be #2. I'm fine either way.

How about 3 names? Seems like we should have more than being admitted.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should make the voting process similar to pro HOFs, where as the minimum is 0 rather than 2, which it seems it would be now. So you need X% of the votes to get in, but no more than 2 can get in at a time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:

How about 3 names? Seems like we should have more than being admitted.

Yes that is what I am suggesting.

Bird Watch:
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
I think we should make the voting process similar to pro HOFs, where as the minimum is 0 rather than 2, which it seems it would be now. So you need X% of the votes to get in, but no more than 2 can get in at a time.

I like this.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

This would certainly make it much more of an accomplishment(it should be harder imo) to make the HOF. I am still fairly new here, but I would vote for this system.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

I like this.

Then, are their certain requirements to make the "list"?

And how do we make the list? Is it just a bunch of names thrown out?

Or do said nominees have to have a certain amount of time logged in or post count?

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

This would certainly make it much more of an accomplishment(it should be harder imo) to make the HOF. I am still fairly new here, but I would vote for this system.

I'm all for evolving but don't understand how it would work? How many names per pm, what is the % required? What?

Bird Watch:
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

I'm all for evolving but don't understand how it would work? How many names per pm, what is the % required? What?

What I was thinking was a system that had no cap on how many people you could vote for. The % would consist of how many times a person got voted for/how many people voted. Then, you take the top 2 percentages, but only if they meet a certain benchmark.

The only issue I see with the above system is where to set the benchmark. Maybe you set the benchmark next year, after percentages have been calculated once(ensuring two people make it this year).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: