Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good news on Tamba
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Good news on Tamba Reply with quote

Showed up at facility today on one crutch, and swelling going down. MRI was positive, and he could be ready for Sunday. Houston is still a question...too much swelling for the MRI to reveal much. Fingers crossed. Wink DeVito and the rest seem to be coming along and may be ready. Talk about it.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Good news on Tamba Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
Showed up at facility today on one crutch, and swelling going down. MRI was positive, and he could be ready for Sunday. Houston is still a question...too much swelling for the MRI to reveal much. Fingers crossed. Wink DeVito and the rest seem to be coming along and may be ready. Talk about it.

Houston is out for this week. No one wants to admit it but they couldn't even perform the MRI today, that is a bad freaking sign. I am really hoping Devito and Asamoah can get back, those are 2 pretty big injuries for us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Good news on Tamba Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
jimmydee1 wrote:

Houston is out for this week. No one wants to admit it but they couldn't even perform the MRI today, that is a bad freaking sign. I am really hoping Devito and Asamoah can get back, those are 2 pretty big injuries for us.

Kinda a strange story but I got a really bad foot sprain last Friday and it was swollen like crazy for 3 days and hurt like hell for 7. Dr said he couldn't do an MRI for at least a week. I wouldn't take much from them saying its too swollen to look at as, I was at the game ysterday and you would have never thought I had just suffered a severe sprain. Lol

Hali will have better medical care and better drugs then I did. Since there really is no long term medical affects I wouldn't doubt if we see Hali this Sunday.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe and Berry will have to dominate on Sunday if Tamba nor Houston can go. Good thing this is at home.

Suttons gonna have to be creative to get pressure on Manning

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:32/Sacks:12/FF:1/FR:0
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Good news on Tamba Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
I assume you mean positive in a good way since a positive MRI is a bad thing.

But shame both got hurt I like watching Houston play.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we get at least one back. We have a chance with one. With both out, we're dead meat. I'm have tempted to say our best bet if they're both out is to start Allen Bailey and Eric Berry at OLB. They were our only source of rush on Sunday.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
32 catches, 419 yards, 4 TDs
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I just hope we get at least one back. We have a chance with one. With both out, we're dead meat. I'm have tempted to say our best bet if they're both out is to start Allen Bailey and Eric Berry at OLB. They were our only source of rush on Sunday.

Maybe even Catapano Confused Zombo wasn't absolutely terrible, but Moses literally ran into being blocked every play.

Is Josh Martin still on the PS?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

Maybe even Catapano Confused Zombo wasn't absolutely terrible, but Moses literally ran into being blocked every play.

Moses terrifies me in the run game. Hali has his problems with containment sometimes, but if you watch some of San Diego's run plays, Moses just crashed inside virtually every time. He goes against a runner smart enough to bounce outside, we have NOTHING outside on the left. I kept waiting for Mathews or Woodhead to take advantage, and luckily, it never happened.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
32 catches, 419 yards, 4 TDs
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

I actually really enjoyed Zombo from what I saw. He had a pretty decent bull rush and was getting some good penetration on some plays. Moses was up against a way bigger and tougher Fluker, and it showed in a big way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm OK with Zombo, but yes Moses will be abused if forced to play a full game. We'd be better off with DJ playing out there, with run first assignment, and rush if it's a pass only. Obviously Catapano is a decent edge rusher, but I'm worried he'd have similar issues to Moses on the Edge.

Interested to see if we hunt the waiver wire some. Usually when we've got an injury, we're making some kind of move. Have the 49ers cut anyone recently at OLB?

^ryknowssd on the sig
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I'm OK with Zombo, but yes Moses will be abused if forced to play a full game. We'd be better off with DJ playing out there, with run first assignment, and rush if it's a pass only. Obviously Catapano is a decent edge rusher, but I'm worried he'd have similar issues to Moses on the Edge.

Interested to see if we hunt the waiver wire some. Usually when we've got an injury, we're making some kind of move. Have the 49ers cut anyone recently at OLB?

I'd agree.. Moses isn't at all ready. Play more Jordan in the middle with DJ moving to the edge. Mix in some Nico in place of DJ in the middle.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncofan, absolutely the MRI was "A" positive. Forgot the "A". Thanks for nit picking the post. Everyone in Chief's land knew what was meant. Catch up broncofan. No....just pickin on you. My typing error. lol

Look forward to you guys coming to our house Sunday. Hopefully we can give you a run for your "money".... Wink
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"@bobfescoe: I asked Hali if he will play Sunday he says "I plan on it" #chiefs"

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:32/Sacks:12/FF:1/FR:0
Cutler06

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear about Hali, it'll make for a much better game

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Good to hear about Hali, it'll make for a much better game

What's the status update for DRC and Champ ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: