Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is it time to consider building a dome?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Is it time to consider building a dome? Reply with quote

We clearly aren't a good cold weather franchise, and Denver can get pretty cold. Also it would allow us to host a superbowl.

Thoughts?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not interested, personally. You have to use your geographical position to your advantage. Just because you have a QB that isnt good in the cold doesnt mean you build a $1B stadium for him. You have to use the cold and the thin air to your advantage.

Peyton Manning isnt a cold weather player, doesnt mean the team isnt a cold weather team. New England takes advantage of their home field advantage because Tom Brady is who he is. Peyton Manning played in a dome the first 13+ seasons of his career.

Remember, Peyton Manning isnt the future of this team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Im not interested, personally. You have to use your geographical position to your advantage. Just because you have a QB that isnt good in the cold doesnt mean you build a $1B stadium for him. You have to use the cold and the thin air to your advantage.

Peyton Manning isnt a cold weather player, doesnt mean the team isnt a cold weather team. New England takes advantage of their home field advantage because Tom Brady is who he is. Peyton Manning played in a dome the first 13+ seasons of his career.

For how much I love and respect Peyton this team would be better off in a wildcard seat hopefully playing in warmer weather. Thats one of the worst games I have ever seen Peyton play. At least the Ravens D was good.

There is no sense in investing in a dome because by the time its completed Peyton will be long gone.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, no need. Denver's not that bad.

Also, keep in mind that Brock is a Montana kid, played his HS ball in Kalispell. Cold doesn't really affect him.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okta wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

For how much I love and respect Peyton this team would be better off in a wildcard seat hopefully playing in warmer weather. Thats one of the worst games I have ever seen Peyton play. At least the Ravens D was good.

There is no sense in investing in a dome because by the time its completed Peyton will be long gone.

Nobody was saying that last week when Peyton crushed the Chiefs in the cold...

The cold weather yesterday wasnt what did Peyton in, it was the 20 mph winds.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a Dome is a lot, I propose just a tarp that we can cover the roof with. Just to keep Peyton Toasty!

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we shouldn't. You don't build a new stadium for an old, noodle armed, can't play in the wind or cold QB. Peyton gets a pass because he's Peyton. Anyone else would and should be getting destroyed because of that horrific performance. There's no excuse. If you are that bad outdoors you should probably play in the arena league. Can't play in a 70 degree dome every game of your career. If you could Drew Brees would have 6 SB's.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Okta wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Bingo. Wind not cold.

AAA has said this a million times, nothing brutal about Colorado winters. Snows in the mountains but not that cold.

Don't forget a big part of the pitch to bring Manning here was that the average temperature on game day in Colorado over the past 30 years has been 60.5 degrees.

No need for a dome, our stadiums brand new.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Okta wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Bingo. Wind not cold.

AAA has said this a million times, nothing brutal about Colorado winters. Snows in the mountains but not that cold.

Don't forget a big part of the pitch to bring Manning here was that the average temperature on game day in Colorado over the past 30 years has been 60.5 degrees.

No need for a dome, our stadiums brand new.

Thats a good point. Also I dont know if anyone else remembers but our offense really didnt do that good against KC. He was still 10% under his average completion rate.

Its probably not as bad as I am making it out to be but its something to think about.
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it windy against the Ravens last year? I don't remember Peyton's line so maybe the bad pick is what is clouding my judgement. But it seems like the cold got to him that day.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Okta wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

That's the real issue, and always has been. We all know Manning doesn't throw the tightest spiral in the league, and he never really has. He's played 31 career games in "windy conditions" (winds exceeding 20 mph during the game) and these are his numbers.

85.4 rating, 777/1240, 63%, 8496 yards (250 per game), 6.9 Y/A, 52 touchdowns (4.2%), 34 interceptions (2.7%) with a 1.53 TD/INT ratio.

As a point of comparison, Tom Brady has played 66 games in "windy conditions" with a 96.9 rating, and a 3.3 TD/INT ratio (129 touchdowns (5.7%), 39 interceptions (1.7%). Manning has only 5 less interceptions in 35 less games. There really is a concern if Manning is your quarterback and windy conditions are in the forecast. If the Broncos make it out of the AFC, the Super Bowl could potentially be a game of concern.

French Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Okta wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

That's the real issue, and always has been. We all know Manning doesn't throw the tightest spiral in the league, and he never really has. He's played 31 career games in "windy conditions" (winds exceeding 20 mph during the game) and these are his numbers.

85.4 rating, 777/1240, 63%, 8496 yards (250 per game), 6.9 Y/A, 52 touchdowns (4.2%), 34 interceptions (2.7%) with a 1.53 TD/INT ratio.

As a point of comparison, Tom Brady has played 66 games in "windy conditions" with a 96.9 rating, and a 3.3 TD/INT ratio (129 touchdowns (5.7%), 39 interceptions (1.7%). Manning has only 5 less interceptions in 35 less games. There really is a concern if Manning is your quarterback and windy conditions are in the forecast. If the Broncos make it out of the AFC, the Super Bowl could potentially be a game of concern.

Brady play at Home this is a big factor to consider and Manning home is a dome !
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
No

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
No
I mean the stadium is a dozen years old, if it was a 25 year old stadium then yeah a dome could be considered. But just to add on? No I don't feel like paying taxes on that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: