Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Battle for the #1 Seed: Hawks vs Saints on MNF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Seahawks Player of the Game?
Russell Wilson
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Marshawn Lynch
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Percy Harvin
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Earl Thomas
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Richard Sherman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author Message
Jazzaloha


Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 1126
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Wilson is my favorite player (and it's one of the reasons I'm rooting for the Seahawks), and I'd put in in the top five now--not necessarily in terms of the numbers, but in terms of who I think can lead his team to winning a Super Bowl.

As for the match-up against the Saints, I'm a bit concerned. For one thing, my feeling is that the Hawks' Achilles' heel is their pass protection (even with Unger, Okung and Giacomini back). And the Saints have a good pass rush: theycan put pressure with four guys, not necessarily relying on exotic bliztes. Russell Wilson is great at avoiding the pass rush, but even he has limits.

At the same time, my sense is that the Saints run defense is somewhat vulnerable--which is a Seahawk strength--so I hope that can mitigate the pass rush.

Another concern is Seattle's run defense. This Saint team can and will run the ball, so I don't think the Hawks can just focus on shutting down the run. (And I wonder if losing Thurmond will hurt the run defense.)

One last thing. If the game is close and the Saints have the ball to win the game, Seattle's two-minute defense concerns me as well. I've seen offenses drive the field in end game situations on them. I'd much rather have a situation where Russell Wilson has to win the game in the closing minutes then the other way around.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 1334
Location: Vancouver, Wa
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Looking forward to this game.

I don't feel good about it though. I don't like this team after extended rest. We lost to the Lions last year after our bye and the defense was awful in that game. We struggled against the Rams after 11 days off after playing the Cardinals.

I hope they prove me wrong. If we lose and look off then I'm not confident going into the playoffs as the #1 or 2 seed with another bye.


On the road. Without Harvin, Avril or Bennett

It was actually Miami, although we lost to the Lions after the Thursday Night game against the Niners.


I thought that sounded off. My point still stand, however.
Please. Harvin, Bennett, and Avril are going to get the team ready to play? It comes down to coaching.

Look at the rams game this year. For you to be absolutely confident that they'll come out firing is just absurd. We haven't seen that once after an extended break
_________________


Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CanadianHawk75


Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 113
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest difference here this time is that this is the first time in the Pete Carroll era that this team will be playing at home after an extended period of rest, excluding the Monday night game against the Rams 2 years ago after we hosted the Eagles on Thursday night, which we did look pretty good in.

This game is huge and the players know it. With San Fran and Arizona surging at the moment, this really becomes a playoff game because having home field is paramount.

This probably will be the toughest game we have all year except maybe when we go down to San Fran. But at home in primetime trying to break the sound record again in less than ideal temperatures is what should set up the edge for the Seahawks. Going to be historic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3947
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mani we didn't have the pass rush depth we have now plus we are at home.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27394
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
imani wrote:
Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Looking forward to this game.

I don't feel good about it though. I don't like this team after extended rest. We lost to the Lions last year after our bye and the defense was awful in that game. We struggled against the Rams after 11 days off after playing the Cardinals.

I hope they prove me wrong. If we lose and look off then I'm not confident going into the playoffs as the #1 or 2 seed with another bye.


On the road. Without Harvin, Avril or Bennett

It was actually Miami, although we lost to the Lions after the Thursday Night game against the Niners.


I thought that sounded off. My point still stand, however.
Please. Harvin, Bennett, and Avril are going to get the team ready to play? It comes down to coaching.

Look at the rams game this year. For you to be absolutely confident that they'll come out firing is just absurd. We haven't seen that once after an extended break


Read my posts in NFL general, that's not what I think at all. I just don't think you understand A) The difference with us at home and on the road B) The difference between this year's team and that team (at the time). In this scenario it's just a poor comparison.
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27394
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
I agree with Mani we didn't have the pass rush depth we have now plus we are at home.


And the whole reason we lost to the lions(miami was actually the team after bye, but it's pretty similar) was because of 3 key Factors:

-We couldn't get a rhythm going starting on the road, very low intensity from the team

-Couldn't put ANY pressure on Stafford and were subsequently shredded all game

-Didn't have the offensive firepower to come back at them

Well, this year all those factors will be countered by:

-Starting at home, in a playoff atmosphere and insane crowd. Should have no problem getting some intensity going

-We have much more pass rushers to send at the QB than last year and have been getting there (we've almost matched last season sack total already) on a more consistent basis.

-Have Percy Harvin on the field and healthy with a re-established oline.


I'm not seeing how it'll be the same. That's not to say that this will be a gimme victory or that we won't struggle/lose, I just believe that we have sound evidence for why it won't happen in the manner you presented.
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NestlePureLife


Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 694
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright random stat prediction time, because why the hell not

Seahawks 29-21

Wilson 2TD/1INT 303 yds
Lynch 140 yds 1 TD
Hauschka 2 field goals, 1 > 50 yds
Bennett safety
Kam forced fumble
Irvin 1.5 sacks
ET INT
Harvin's first return is great, the rest are meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brown_Mamba


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1707
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side note, I think we should really push for making Percy Harvin's nickname Lamborghini Percy. Perfectly describes him too.
_________________

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27394
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
Side note, I think we should really push for making Percy Harvin's nickname Lamborghini Percy. Perfectly describes him too.


I can get on board with calling him LP
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 1334
Location: Vancouver, Wa
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
imani wrote:
Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Looking forward to this game.

I don't feel good about it though. I don't like this team after extended rest. We lost to the Lions last year after our bye and the defense was awful in that game. We struggled against the Rams after 11 days off after playing the Cardinals.

I hope they prove me wrong. If we lose and look off then I'm not confident going into the playoffs as the #1 or 2 seed with another bye.


On the road. Without Harvin, Avril or Bennett

It was actually Miami, although we lost to the Lions after the Thursday Night game against the Niners.


I thought that sounded off. My point still stand, however.
Please. Harvin, Bennett, and Avril are going to get the team ready to play? It comes down to coaching.

Look at the rams game this year. For you to be absolutely confident that they'll come out firing is just absurd. We haven't seen that once after an extended break


Read my posts in NFL general, that's not what I think at all. I just don't think you understand A) The difference with us at home and on the road B) The difference between this year's team and that team (at the time). In this scenario it's just a poor comparison.
Alright man. It wasn't my intent on making you think how I do. Tooki seems to get what I'm saying about I really want to see the team perform well after extended time off. Which I haven't seen under this staff. Optimism is a good thing for some.
_________________


Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 1937
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this game is going to be a tough one for the 'Hawks to win. Coming off bye weeks or extended weeks like Thursday night games, this team has not played well recently, We were atrocious at Miami last year and we were atrocious in St Loius this season.

A bigger factor to me, though, is the knuckle-headedness of Browner and Thurmond. Browner wasn't going to play, but Thurmond was supposed to be his replacement and was just starting to make an impact. Now they've screwed that up, plus brought a bunch of unwanted negative attention on the organization at a time when this team really needs to start focusing on the making it's playoff run. Big distraction, no matter what the other players say.

Add to that, the Saints are a very good football team. They can get their offense firing up at a premium level at any given moment, their defense has made huge improvements over last season, and they are extremely well coached.

Now all this doesn't mean I think the 'Hawks are going to lose, I just think it's going to be a tough game.

The D is going to have to bring their highest intensity level and then maintain that all game long. No matter how long you hold Drew Brees down he has proven he can come back up at any time. He is actually my 2nd favorite QB to watch besides Russell Wilson. It's a shame I have to root against him.

The offense is going to have to sustain drives and chew up clock to keep Brees off the field and they are going to have to score TD's not settle for FG's. That's why I picked Marshawn as my key to winning the game. He has to grind up big chunks of yards to keep our offense moving and wear the Saints D out. It would also neutralize their pass rush and negate any issues our O-line may still have.

I hope the weather gets really wet and cold, maybe even snow flurries or some other freak weather will hit this weekend and make conditions miserable, no offense to any of you who are attending the game Very Happy but I will be sitting comfortably in my living room.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my comrades in the forum. Hope you all have a blessed, thankful day.
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ring Worm Sherm


Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 970
Location: PNW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
Side note, I think we should really push for making Percy Harvin's nickname Lamborghini Percy. Perfectly describes him too.



Ohhhhh kill em. I like that.
_________________


“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ring Worm Sherm


Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 970
Location: PNW
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
They're not nearly as good as some people think.


That would mean you haven't watched much Saints football.

Anyway, I marked this game off on the calendar beginning of the season as a loss. I don't think anyone is going into Seattle and winning this season, same with the Superdome. But anything can happen. Seattle's secondary had better be on point, because it is not the pass rush that rattles the pass game, but physical CBs and Safeties that get good jams on the Saints WRs and TEs to disrupt the pass rhythm of Brees and co. Our D has been playing terrific this season and the run D has been steadily picking up the last few games...but I am sure Lynch has left nightmares for many of the defenders who remember that one run. Seattle itself will be the biggest factor in this game. Cold and wind may be the hardest factor for Brees to beat, let alone some of the best fans in the NFL screaming in arguably the loudest outdoor stadium. Will be a terrific match up. Saints have a shot of winning this game, but I don't think it is a very good one.

And for the record, I still say that Russell Wilson will be considered a top 5 QB in the NFL within the next 3 years. I love the kid, everything I would want from a young QB.


I haven't watched much saints football, I'm not saying they're bad or overrated, but some have them as the best team in football when they're not. The best team doesnt lose to the Geno Smith led Jets. They have not played a team of Seattle's caliber and are in for a wake up call. Also, I think Russell Wilson should be considered a top 5 QB right now. I don't see why not.
_________________


“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Finchy


Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 1654
Location: Wee Britain
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks

Pete Carroll says WR Percy Harvin (hip) will be listed as Doubtful heading into Monday's game against the Saints. #NOvsSEA #MNF

_________________
Adopt-a-Seahawk: Percy Harvin: The Poor Man's Golden Tate.

I read a book a week, so...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21320
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
Quote:
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks

Pete Carroll says WR Percy Harvin (hip) will be listed as Doubtful heading into Monday's game against the Saints. #NOvsSEA #MNF
I'd been hearing that the last couple days. Sucks to suck
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group