Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Battle for the #1 Seed: Hawks vs Saints on MNF
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Seahawks Player of the Game?
Russell Wilson
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Marshawn Lynch
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Percy Harvin
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Earl Thomas
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Richard Sherman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

imani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Battle for the #1 Seed: Hawks vs Saints on MNF Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks (10-1) vs. New Orleans Saints (9-2)

The Legendary Play

Team Comparisons

Seahawks----------Saints

24th-----Passing Yards-----2nd
3rd-----Rushing Yards-----23rd
12th-----Total Offense-----3rd
2nd-----PPG-----3rd

2nd-----Pass Defense-----3rd
16th-----Rush Defense-----15th
2nd-----Total Defense-----5th
2nd(T)-----PPGA-----5th
33-----Sacks-----37
16-----Ints-----10

Games Notes

-With his next touchdown pass, Wilson will join Dan Marino, Peyton Manning and Andy Dalton as the only players in NFL history to throw at least 20 TD passes in each of his first two seasons.

Here’s the TD passes list for the first two seasons:

Dan Marino -- 68

Peyton Manning -- 52

Andy Dalton -- 47

Russell Wilson -- 45

Jeff Garcia -- 42

-Since the postseason was expanded to 12 teams in 1990, 46 percent of 1-seeds have reached the Super Bowl compared to 28 percent of 2-seeds.

-The Seahawks come in with a franchise record 13-game home winning streak, which includes a points per game margin of 17.9 and a turnover margin of +20.

- The Seahawks (10-1) not only own the NFL’s best record this season, they carry the best Monday night mark in NFL history — 19-8 (a .704 winning percentage), including a 14-5 mark at home.

-The temperature at kickoff is expected to be in the upper 30s, dropping to the low 30s as the game progresses. And snow flurries also are possible.

Those weather conditions could benefit the Seattle Seahawks. New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees is 4-8 in his career (including playoffs) when the game-time temperature is less than 40 degrees.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Last edited by imani on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big do you reckon the bounty on Lynch is for this game? Even bigger than Favre, seeing as he stole at least 8 Saints dignity and self-respect last time.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this game.

I don't feel good about it though. I don't like this team after extended rest. We lost to the Lions last year after our bye and the defense was awful in that game. We struggled against the Rams after 11 days off after playing the Cardinals.

I hope they prove me wrong. If we lose and look off then I'm not confident going into the playoffs as the #1 or 2 seed with another bye.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Magnifico

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
How big do you reckon the bounty on Lynch is for this game? Even bigger than Favre, seeing as he stole at least 8 Saints dignity and self-respect last time.

Probably put a bigger one on Wilson. More effect on the game. Wink

Can't see how we win this one personally. First time I've been pessimistic as a Saints fan all year. What with Corey White getting abused by Matt Ryan and some UDFA I can't even remember our #2 CB spot is iffy.
Whatsmore if Vaccaro has to spend more time playing Nickel CB that opens up potential for Zach Miller to have his way with the combination of Jenkins/Harper/Lofton.

If we don't turn the ball over and can run the ball as effectively as we did against the 49ers/Cowboys. I say we keep it to one score. If we can get multiple turnovers we win, however Lynch/Wilson don't turn the ball over much!

27 Seahawks - 20 Saints.

Over/Under Wilson escaping 3 would be sacks by Jordan/Galette/Hicks on the night?

Will Sherman man up on Jimmy Graham or who will be tasked trying to cover him?
imani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:

I don't feel good about it though. I don't like this team after extended rest. We lost to the Lions last year after our bye and the defense was awful in that game. We struggled against the Rams after 11 days off after playing the Cardinals.

I hope they prove me wrong. If we lose and look off then I'm not confident going into the playoffs as the #1 or 2 seed with another bye.

On the road. Without Harvin, Avril or Bennett

Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

It was actually Miami, although we lost to the Lions after the Thursday Night game against the Niners.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

It was actually Miami, although we lost to the Lions after the Thursday Night game against the Niners.

I thought that sounded off. My point still stand, however.

Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

I thought that sounded off. My point still stand, however.

Yep, just my pedantry wouldn't allow for factual errors.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think we are going to hand it to the Saints pretty good. They're not nearly as good as some people think.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Honestly I think we are going to hand it to the Saints pretty good. They're not nearly as good as some people think.

At the same time, this Seahawks team can be inconsistent coming off the bye week. I will be a tad pessimistic until proven otherwise.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
They're not nearly as good as some people think.

That would mean you haven't watched much Saints football.

Anyway, I marked this game off on the calendar beginning of the season as a loss. I don't think anyone is going into Seattle and winning this season, same with the Superdome. But anything can happen. Seattle's secondary had better be on point, because it is not the pass rush that rattles the pass game, but physical CBs and Safeties that get good jams on the Saints WRs and TEs to disrupt the pass rhythm of Brees and co. Our D has been playing terrific this season and the run D has been steadily picking up the last few games...but I am sure Lynch has left nightmares for many of the defenders who remember that one run. Seattle itself will be the biggest factor in this game. Cold and wind may be the hardest factor for Brees to beat, let alone some of the best fans in the NFL screaming in arguably the loudest outdoor stadium. Will be a terrific match up. Saints have a shot of winning this game, but I don't think it is a very good one.

And for the record, I still say that Russell Wilson will be considered a top 5 QB in the NFL within the next 3 years. I love the kid, everything I would want from a young QB.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
imani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Anyway, I marked this game off on the calendar beginning of the season as a loss. I don't think anyone is going into Seattle and winning this season, same with the Superdome. But anything can happen. Seattle's secondary had better be on point, because it is not the pass rush that rattles the pass game, but physical CBs and Safeties that get good jams on the Saints WRs and TEs to disrupt the pass rhythm of Brees and co. Our D has been playing terrific this season and the run D has been steadily picking up the last few games...but I am sure Lynch has left nightmares for many of the defenders who remember that one run. Seattle itself will be the biggest factor in this game. Cold and wind may be the hardest factor for Brees to beat, let alone some of the best fans in the NFL screaming in arguably the loudest outdoor stadium. Will be a terrific match up. Saints have a shot of winning this game, but I don't think it is a very good one.

And for the record, I still say that Russell Wilson will be considered a top 5 QB in the NFL within the next 3 years. I love the kid, everything I would want from a young QB.

I pray he can be as good as brees one day. Very Happy

NS922

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't put any bounties on you as long as you promise to stay off PEDs Cool
imani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
We won't put any bounties on you as long as you promise to stay off PEDs Cool

We have you jerk! What is so hard to understand about that? Get the hell out of our forum before i do bodily harm to you!!!

sorry....sigh.......PEDs Laughing Wink

navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

I pray he can be as good as brees one day. Very Happy

I don't think he will ever match Bree's bulk numbers, but I think he is going to be a slightly watered down yet more athletic Aaron Rodgers.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: