Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: Texans vs. Jags GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins it?
Houston by a lot
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Houston barely
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Jacksonville barely
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Jacksonville by a lot
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
I get why you want the #1 pick, but you get still draft a kicker in the 2nd or hell even 3rd to go with your 3rd round punter Cool
Remind me to make a Gary Kubiak joke next year.

Care to sig bet, that he wont be coaching in Houston next year?
That went completely over your head, huh?

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
I get why you want the #1 pick, but you get still draft a kicker in the 2nd or hell even 3rd to go with your 3rd round punter Cool

Even if it was a different regime, it's still funny for a while.

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
That makes no sense to count games you haven't even played yet. What if New England and Ravens lose out and Bills & Brown go on a nice streak, then what on SOS?
How does it make sense to not count a huge portion of games when you're going for the end result? You're going to play 16 games this year, we're going to play 16 games. The only way that SOS will actually come into play is if we play all 16 games and have the same record. As such, to best predict how things will look at the end of the year, you factor in every one of those 16 teams as best you can (by not removing them) and then adjust it as you go week to week. What good is applying only 11 games when it's a 16 game season? You're intentionally building in a larger margin of error for no reason. It's much more intelligent to have those games in when projecting the results than to not put them in.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Even if it was a different regime, it's still funny for a while.
Like I said, I'll be making Kubiak jokes next year then.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
Cole416

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Andre had some harsh comments.

"We suck..." "As an offense"

A person asked if we are the worst team in the NFL

"Well our record shows it so yeah... yeah we are."

They asked about the crowd booing

"They booed. They should boo"

Adopt a Texan:

Jadeveon Clowney:
1 GP
----
0 Sacks
1 Tackles
0 TFL
0 INT
biggio7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cole416 wrote:

He's not wrong. I mean I think he earned the right to speak how he feels.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cole416 wrote:

Ya, McNair needs to put a stop to this madness and fire him now.

Some more locker room comments

Ben Tate called the loss to Jags "embarrassing." Duane Brown apologized to the city of Houston. Antonio Smith called it "stressful."

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Cole416 wrote:

Ben Tate called the loss to Jags "embarrassing." Duane Brown apologized to the city of Houston. Antonio Smith called it "stressful."

In the end we have the exact same record. It's not like the Texans were some playoff team that got beat by a bad team. There's a reason as to why they are currently in the top 3 for draft if the season ended right now. I get the Titans saying it was embarrassing considering they were in the hunt for the playoffs and would have been one game back going into the Indy game and we were winless, but this one...not so much.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Cole416 wrote:

In the end we have the exact same record. It's not like the Texans were some playoff team that got beat by a bad team. There's a reason as to why they are currently in the top 3 for draft if the season ended right now. I get the Titans saying it was embarrassing considering they were in the hunt for the playoffs and would have been one game back going into the Indy game and we were winless, but this one...not so much.

Y'all do have a point differential twice as worse than another other team in the league....but man I do love me some Gus Bradley

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Cole416 wrote:

Y'all do have a point differential twice as worse than another other team in the league....but man I do love me some Gus Bradley

I get that, but this team has played much different since the first half these past few weeks, plus we played SF/SEA/DEN/KC/IND in that brutal stretch in the first half, not all teams have had to face that.

Yeah, i'm loving Bradley. It's crazy how hard we've been playing considering how awful we played in the first 8 games. Really like what I've seen from him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Cole416 wrote:

No offense but this is a Texans team that was expected to be in the playofsf. Before the year started even the players were saying it was Super Bowl or bust. The Jaguars, in contrast, were expected to compete for #1 pick all season long. If I was a player on the Texans, given the expectations, this loss would be quite embarrassing. This team has clearly underperformed their talent level and the players are now verbalizing that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
That makes no sense to count games you haven't even played yet. What if New England and Ravens lose out and Bills & Brown go on a nice streak, then what on SOS?
How does it make sense to not count a huge portion of games when you're going for the end result? You're going to play 16 games this year, we're going to play 16 games. The only way that SOS will actually come into play is if we play all 16 games and have the same record. As such, to best predict how things will look at the end of the year, you factor in every one of those 16 teams as best you can (by not removing them) and then adjust it as you go week to week. What good is applying only 11 games when it's a 16 game season? You're intentionally building in a larger margin of error for no reason. It's much more intelligent to have those games in when projecting the results than to not put them in.

That's why looking at SOS mid season or anywhere in between makes no sense whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned we're both tied for the #1 pick until the season plays out. That would be more logical.

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Broncos currently beating the Pats (Pats are looking horrible tonight), that bodes well for us. Pats will be pissed next week against us. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Cole416 wrote:

No offense but this is a Texans team that was expected to be in the playofsf. Before the year started even the players were saying it was Super Bowl or bust. The Jaguars, in contrast, were expected to compete for #1 pick all season long. If I was a player on the Texans, given the expectations, this loss would be quite embarrassing. This team has clearly underperformed their talent level and the players are now verbalizing that.

Yes, I realize what the Texans were suppose to be, but the fact is that they aren't. That's why I honestly don't understand why they have to voice that their embarrassed. Both of our teams are 2-9, a 2-8 team shouldn't be "embarrassed" to get beat by a 1-9 team is how I see it.

IDK, not a big deal, just don't understand it. If you guys were in the playoff hunt it's a totally different situation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
dsorc wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Cole416 wrote:

Yes, I realize what the Texans were suppose to be, but the fact is that they aren't. That's why I honestly don't understand why they have to voice that their embarrassed. Both of our teams are 2-9, a 2-8 team shouldn't be "embarrassed" to get beat by a 1-9 team is how I see it.

IDK, not a big deal, just don't understand it. If you guys were in the playoff hunt it's a totally different situation.

It's largely a culmination of frustration. I think it's less about to whom they lost, and more about how. Really, the entire season could be seen as an embarrassment, which subsequently makes the loss to the Jaguars embarrassing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: