Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: Texans vs. Jags GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins it?
Houston by a lot
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Houston barely
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Jacksonville barely
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Jacksonville by a lot
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
I am very excited to get Teddy Bridgewater and fire Kubiak.
Probably want to pump the breaks on Teddy. We still have the first pick.

Nope.

We have a worse SOS at .544 yall are currently 2nd at .584 and ATL #3 at .588

Pending this Pack v Vikes OT game.
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Nope.

Sorry, but no.

* needs to be adjusted with the Vikings getting a tie, but that doesn't change anything for us.

If you need further proof of this, the only games different that the two teams have is the Texans play the Ravens and Patriots and the Jaguars play the Bills and the Browns. Every other game is the same, so the SOS is equal across all the other games. The Patriots and Ravens are a combined 12-9, whereas the Bills and Browns are a combined 8-14. Advantage us.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Nope.

Sorry, but no.

* needs to be adjusted with the Vikings getting a tie, but that doesn't change anything for us.

If you need further proof of this, the only games different that the two teams have is the Texans play the Ravens and Patriots and the Jaguars play the Bills and the Browns. Every other game is the same, so the SOS is equal across all the other games. The Patriots and Ravens are a combined 12-9, whereas the Bills and Browns are a combined 8-14. Advantage us.

doesnt matter, we KNOW we will lose to you in 2 weeks....have fun picking 5th, bwahahaah

so sad, arguing over draft position, fml
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Nope.

Sorry, but no.

we havent played the Pats yet so as of right now we would be #1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Nope.

Sorry, but no.

That has nothing to do with it...

Laughing

I'm never going to cheer for us to lose, watching this team since the bye definitely makes me feel like we aren't as far away as we previously thought. I want #1 overall, but seeing this team win and play as hard as they are under a young first year HC at 1-9 is a good thing to see. Feeling good about next year if we can find a QB in the draft, which there are plenty of guys looking at it now. Not too worried.

mike23md on the sig

Last edited by .Buzz on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Nope.

Sorry, but no.

The proper way to do SOS is to use the entire season's worth. It's the way that it is always done, otherwise it allows for unnecessary movement from week to week. If the season ended today, sure you might have it, but it's really not relevant in any way, as we're projecting for the end of the year, where both teams will have played their entire schedule. In that situation, we would have the first pick if we have the same record.

#JagsOnly
dsorc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I want Jacksonville to pick 5th so that Matthews is the clear BPA. Would they pick a RT for the second year on a row. And would they follow it up with Manziel in the 2nd and try to be A&M from last year?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
Personally I want Jacksonville to pick 5th so that Matthews is the clear BPA. Would they pick a RT for the second year on a row. And would they follow it up with Manziel in the 2nd and try to be A&M from last year?

There's no way, especially with other QB's that will be in the draft. Plus, there will be plenty of other teams willing to pick up a stud like Matthews, we can easily trade down a few spots and pick up some more picks.

I think it was obvious this year seeing Monroe/Joeckel that it isn't the smart thing to do. It honestly looked like Caldwell was planning on moving Monroe all along as well.

mike23md on the sig
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Nope.

Sorry, but no.

The proper way to do SOS is to use the entire season's worth. It's the way that it is always done, otherwise it allows for unnecessary movement from week to week. If the season ended today, sure you might have it, but it's really not relevant in any way, as we're projecting for the end of the year, where both teams will have played their entire schedule. In that situation, we would have the first pick if we have the same record.

I get why you want the #1 pick, but you get still draft a kicker in the 2nd or hell even 3rd to go with your 3rd round punter Cool
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Nope.

Sorry, but no.

I get why you want the #1 pick, but you get still draft a kicker in the 2nd or hell even 3rd to go with your 3rd round punter Cool

Gene Smith was absolutely atrocious. The majority of his picks aren't even around or are about to be let go.

mike23md on the sig
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Remind me to make a Gary Kubiak joke next year.

#JagsOnly
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Nope.

Sorry, but no.

That makes no sense to count games you haven't even played yet. What if New England and Ravens lose out and Bills & Brown go on a nice streak, then what on SOS?

"I don't always throw a TD pass but when i do, it's to the wrong team" - The most interesting man in Houston #8
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Remind me to make a Gary Kubiak joke next year.

Care to sig bet, that he wont be coaching in Houston next year?
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
iPwn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Nope.

Sorry, but no.

That makes no sense to count games you haven't even played yet. What if New England and Ravens lose out and Bills & Brown go on a nice streak, then what on SOS?

SOS is constantly changing every week dude.

mike23md on the sig
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the Keenum bandwagon, but I'm sorry to say that he blew his chance to be the starter next year (probably this year too, we'll see).

Texans next steps
1. Fire the entire coaching staff
2. Hire good coach with a bad record (for ex. John Fox & Andy Reid), and well-respected position coaches (for ex. Jack Del Rio).
2. Cut Schaub and Yates
3. Draft a QB (No manning type player in FA) in the first round
4. Keep Watt, Andre, Foster
5. Everyone else will have to prove they belong.

I can foresee a quick turnaround if McNair handles things well. When a team is bad, it's better to be really bad. Denver went 4-12 to get Von Miller, Colts went 2-14 for Andrew Luck. Maybe they don't get a player like that but you sure as hell have a better chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: