Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock draft from Afghanistan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Mock draft from Afghanistan Reply with quote

This is a pretty early attempt at what our off-season might look like:

Free Agents: Jarius Byrd

Rd 1--Allen Robinson WR
Rd 2--Aaron Colvin CB
RD 3--Tyler Larsen C
Rd 4--Ross Cockerel CB
RD 6--Howard Jones OLB
Rd 7--Jeff Janis WR

I see us letting Jonte Green, Mikel Leshoure and Michael Spurlock go. We will re-sign Pettigrew. Nate Burleson will be 33 and needs to be replaced. I like Rashean Mathis but I am not sure how much he will have in the gas tank after this year. Thoughts?
Rockcity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personaly don't wanna go wr in the first. I feel we enter the second tier when we pick.. I'd really rather get our D setup. You did nothing to the Dline and I think we need some depth there.

I just can't see the lions going into the draft not having sign a cb. I wouldn't be depending on the draft. I use byrds cash for a cb and draft a safety jyst my opinion.
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen Robinson isn't a second tier WR. I like Delmas but his knees and his gambling limit how much long-term value he has to the Lions. The two biggest free agent CBs available are Brent Grimes and Sam Shields. Grimes is 30 years old. Shields might be worth a look. We need a legitimate #2 WR to consistently open up our offense.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillParks wrote:
Allen Robinson isn't a second tier WR. I like Delmas but his knees and his gambling limit how much long-term value he has to the Lions. The two biggest free agent CBs available are Brent Grimes and Sam Shields. Grimes is 30 years old. Shields might be worth a look. We need a legitimate #2 WR to consistently open up our offense.
there are other cbs besides them.. I think we can get a legit two without spending a first on one. I'm just not sold on robinson like some yet. It just would be very hard for me to draft a wr rd one when the wr class doesn't look bad. I agree on delmas and again I see saftey as another strong area in this draft. Just different views
bigc421

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your realtor played a dirty trick on you
simian07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
I think your realtor played a dirty trick on you

lol. And I actually like the Matthews pick, mostly though because I think he's gonna be rad. He's more of a bpa pick (as I'd put WR around third or fourth in team need), so it could really just depend on depth at position and who else is available. A tackle could be the pick or even a CB. LB is a huge need, though the depth is great. I already can't wait til the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: