Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Bush makes a guarantee
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chups

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Only negative people call themselves a 'realist'.

So I can only be a pessimist or optimist?
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Chups wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Wow. The guy is pissed that he made a mistake and wants to set out to prove it wont happen again. I don't understand all of this negativity.

It's not really being negative, it's being a realist.

No one is down on the guy for what he said. It's just doubting it. I'd want nothing more than to be proven wrong and it's clear he's going to put in the effort to prove me wrong.

sounds like a pretty negative(and incorrect)view.

Nah. I really believe that.

I equate realism with objectivity, I think there was a bit of objectivity and negativity in pointing out his drops.

He needs to hang on to the ball, and hasn't done a good job of doing that. He is acknowledging his faults in this area, and working on fixing them. I like the fact he is acknowledging it publicly and taking ownership.

Be negative when focusing on how his drops/fumbles hurt the team, don't be negative when he owns up to it. JMO

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not saying that him owning up to it means we shouldn't be negative about what he's owning up to. I was saying that this thread is talking about his ownership in his faults, and that's a positive thing

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
Be negative when focusing on how his drops/fumbles hurt the team, don't be negative when he owns up to it. JMO

Well said.

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he's officially a Lion now that he's made a guarantee.

He is taking responsibility for his negative plays which the team needs more of. I can always do without the guarantee's. They just set players up to look stupid.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

He is taking responsibility for his negative plays which the team needs more of. I can always do without the guarantee's. They just set players up to look stupid.

They worked for Rasheed Wallace lol
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Not what I'm talking about. When people say 'I'm not being negative, I'm being a realist', it's usually following a statement that states they have no hope in said subject. That's negativity. Its one thing when you're talking about someone like Tim Toone, but we're talking about one of the NFLs premier talents.

But in almost every argument when someone says that, they are usually negative people.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Chups wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Not what I'm talking about. When people say 'I'm not being negative, I'm being a realist', it's usually following a statement that states they have no hope in said subject. That's negativity. Its one thing when you're talking about someone like Tim Toone, but we're talking about one of the NFLs premier talents.

But in almost every argument when someone says that, they are usually negative people.

Not necessarily. Bush has 30 fumbles in 100 career games. He's averaging 0.3 fumbles per game and has six games left to play in this season. 6 x 0.3 = 1.8 fumbles in expectation. Optimistically, you can say he won't fumble again. Pessimistically, you might think "oh, whatever, he'll probably fumble like four more times." Realistically, you expect him to fumble 1.8 times (I mean . . . one or two more times. I suppose you can't really have eight tenths of a fumble.).

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Chups wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Not necessarily. Bush has 30 fumbles in 100 career games. He's averaging 0.3 fumbles per game and has six games left to play in this season. 6 x 0.3 = 1.8 fumbles in expectation. Optimistically, you can say he won't fumble again. Pessimistically, you might think "oh, whatever, he'll probably fumble like four more times." Realistically, you expect him to fumble 1.8 times (I mean . . . one or two more times. I suppose you can't really have eight tenths of a fumble.).

The whole "he needs to shut his mouth and play ball", or "I guarantee he fumbles again". I'd consider those both negative.

I'm willing to take Bush at his word and assume he won't fumble again this year. Interested in seeing what happens.

Team Stylish
38andy38

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only concern is that guaranteeing he won't fumble will restrict his explosiveness slightly. Added ball security concerns may be the difference between an extra valuable yard here and there.

2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
detroitroar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
How about fixing this Reggie?

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Sorry to pile on the guy cause he does work hard, but I believe its this need he feels to constantly make big plays that is causing the fumbles and drops.

Considering the amount of times he's targeted, and the company he's with (the possible AFC MVP in Jamaal Charles), I think hes not doing anything too wrong.

I dont know what in the world the relevance of Charles' drops has to do with Bush.

And I disagree in that that is an acceptable amount of drops for his amount of targets. Not sure where I saw it, but he was also near the top in drop %.

Regardless of the stats, his hands have been poor this year. Bell has better hands.

detroitroar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

Well said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: