Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WEEK 12 GDT: Bucs(2-8) at Lions(6-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Revis and the Bucs
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Megatron and the Lions
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

TimeForChange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
cibowilson wrote:
What's really sad to think about is I'm 34 and it sucks that I've wasted my life cheering and hoping for this team to do something, or simply not F@$%k up, and be half way decent. But whats even sadder is that people have lived and died thinking that it would change and never has/did. That's depressive as F@%k! Feel like a wasted life.

That is depressing. Me personally, I'm just a fan. It's something I enjoy in my limited spare time to relax and unwind. Of course, I want them to win. I cheer for them. I get upset when they blow a play or commit a turnover. But when the game is over.... it's done. I move on. The fact that the Detroit Lions define your life really does sound depressing.
I didn't read that at all from his post.

Really? Confused
Looks like he was talking about those people, besides, I still never saw him say anything about the Lions defining his life.

That's a stretch on your part

Not really.

I think both sides are taking it to the extreme. Cibowilson didn't mean he literally defines his life by how the Lions do (even if he statement literally meant that) and I don't think Louis truly thought he meant he lived his life by how the Lions do.

Not a stretch on LF's part but it is a tad overdramatic. There are so many things I put over Lions football and how I define my life as hopefully all football fans do but it is disappointing that when I sit down to enjoy football with my family and friends or with you all on FF, that I have chosen the Lions as a franchise. Always disappointed sprinkled with hope.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All late, but good game guys!

You guys should of easily won that one.

IMO the biggest problem with Lions is Matthew Stafford. Dude relies on CJ way too much. If CJ ever went down, Stafford would be in deep crap

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
adamjace

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we lose to the packers Thursday. I thought our secondary was improved, but Matt Flynn should throw for 6-7 TD's. IMO all of our corners need to go after this season. We also need a new safety. Delmas will not hold up.

Donald Driver is top 3 receiver.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
IMO the biggest problem with Lions is Matthew Stafford. Dude relies on CJ way too much. If CJ ever went down, Stafford would be in deep crap

I find this perspective interesting. CJ is the best WR in the NFL. When he receives only 5-6 targets, the coaching staff is crucified for not looking his way enough. When he's targeted frequently, Stafford is "too dependent" on him.

If Calvin has a chance to catch the ball, Stafford should throw it to him. The last throw of the game was a great decision (and throw), but didn't work out as it normally does. His deep INT to Calvin was simply a poor throw, but a deeper pass is likely completed.

I don't have a problem with Stafford feeding Calvin.

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

I find this perspective interesting. CJ is the best WR in the NFL. When he receives only 5-6 targets, the coaching staff is crucified for not looking his way enough. When he's targeted frequently, Stafford is "too dependent" on him.

If Calvin has a chance to catch the ball, Stafford should throw it to him. The last throw of the game was a great decision (and throw), but didn't work out as it normally does. His deep INT to Calvin was simply a poor throw, but a deeper pass is likely completed.

I agree. We pay them almost 40 million combined to win games, and hope they do that more often. Stafford had 4 int's but only 1 really was on him, maybe 2. The deep throw over the middle was a poor throw, the throw to Grew was a bad throw but if Grew didnt duck out of the way it likely is an incomplete pass. The other two were on deflections and the last on a ball CJ surely should have caught. We lost because we turned it over 5 times, and thats on WR's dropping balls, great plays by defenders and Durham having the weirdest fumble I have seen in a while. Stafford has faults, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he is at the top of the list of problems.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

I agree. We pay them almost 40 million combined to win games, and hope they do that more often. Stafford had 4 int's but only 1 really was on him, maybe 2. The deep throw over the middle was a poor throw, the throw to Grew was a bad throw but if Grew didnt duck out of the way it likely is an incomplete pass. The other two were on deflections and the last on a ball CJ surely should have caught. We lost because we turned it over 5 times, and thats on WR's dropping balls, great plays by defenders and Durham having the weirdest fumble I have seen in a while. Stafford has faults, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he is at the top of the list of problems.

Word for word.

Team Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Wasn't it six turnovers? The 4 interceptions, Durham's fumble, and the blocked punt?

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

CJ's interception was clearly his own fault.

Every other interception were direct results of Stafford's poor accuracy and decision-making.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Every other interception were direct results of Stafford's poor accuracy and decision-making.

So Stafford deserves 100% blame for each of the other interceptions?

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
I dont get you guys attacking eachother over this stuff.

We just had a terrible loss and have every right to come on here and vent.

WE SUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Smile

No.

THEY SUCK!

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

At least 80-85% on each of the throws
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

At least 80-85% on each of the throws

He deserves at least 20% on the Durham fumble too. If he doesn't pass it to him, he doesn't give him a chance to fumble.

And the blocked punt. Had he made a play, we wouldn't have been in position to punt.

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
DTOW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hopefully this lights a fire.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/26/packers-sitton-lions-are-scum-who-would-try-to-injure-rodgers/

Can't wait for Suh and Fairley to manhandle him.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTOW wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/26/packers-sitton-lions-are-scum-who-would-try-to-injure-rodgers/

Fingers crossed Laughing
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTOW wrote:

I can only think of the Woodson's post-whistle upper cut and Matthews plethora of late hits. Ahh, the irony.

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: