Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WEEK 12 GDT: Bucs(2-8) at Lions(6-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Revis and the Bucs
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Megatron and the Lions
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

stafford=legend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very disappointing loss but there are positives from this game to take away of course. We were ridiculously unlucky in this game, like so much it seemed unfair, but we still managed to get into position to make another impressive comeback win until, perhaps the most unfortunate play of the season turned an amazing 3rd-down catch to the goal-line into a game-ending interception for us. That's a play that 99% of the time ends up being a catch by the best receiver in the league or a harmless incompletion, allowing us a field goal attempt to send the game into overtime. We also played very well on defense when it counted but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the fact that we allowed YET ANOTHER backup/scrub qb to look like an absolute superstar against us. Overall we need to make some changes but are lucky to still be alive and should be able to use this and last week's loss as motivation moving forward. Just gotta brush it off and respond to adversity.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up. if we can't beat TB who has most of its best players out..I don't like our chances going forward. Even if we do sqweek into the po don't mean [inappropriate/removed]. We already know the out come. I don't take pride winning a division when you h as ve games lkke this.. so fn typical. Something needs to change
OnlikeNdamukong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else getting tired of the "we still had a chance to win at the end of the game" mentality. I feel like I hear that every week from Lions players. Its a bunch of BS. This was a home game against a 2-8 team with a lot of their best players out. We shouldn't be hoping for a chance to win at the end of the game, we should be dominating this game.

I'm not giving up hope yet, in part because I have blind optimism when it comes to the Lions. But each week it is more and more clear to me that the right leadership isn't in place. We have enough talent on this team to be a more consistent winner, plain and simple.
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
I give up. if we can't beat TB who has most of its best players out..I don't like our chances going forward. Even if we do sqweek into the po don't mean [inappropriate/removed]. We already know the out come. I don't take pride winning a division when you h as ve games lkke this.. so fn typical. Something needs to change

Have you shared your crystal ball with everyone other than me? I know I don't know the outcome...

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, but the Lions are pathetic...they lost to two of the worst teams in NFL, kind of got their butt whooped too. I kind of hope they lose out...so we can get rid of the garbage coaching staff. Cause it's same mistakes every week for three years and they have done nothing to fix it....they suck
DTOW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
I am sorry, but the Lions are pathetic...they lost to two of the worst teams in NFL, kind of got their butt whooped too. I kind of hope they lose out...so we can get rid of the garbage coaching staff. Cause it's same mistakes every week for three years and they have done nothing to fix it....they suck

Dude, we're in first place.....
ManeLine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTOW wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:

Dude, we're in first place.....

for the time being. With our schedule and Rodgers return, we won't be for long.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
cibowilson wrote:
What's really sad to think about is I'm 34 and it sucks that I've wasted my life cheering and hoping for this team to do something, or simply not F@$%k up, and be half way decent. But whats even sadder is that people have lived and died thinking that it would change and never has/did. That's depressive as F@%k! Feel like a wasted life.

That is depressing. Me personally, I'm just a fan. It's something I enjoy in my limited spare time to relax and unwind. Of course, I want them to win. I cheer for them. I get upset when they blow a play or commit a turnover. But when the game is over.... it's done. I move on. The fact that the Detroit Lions define your life really does sound depressing.
I didn't read that at all from his post.

Really? Confused
Looks like he was talking about those people, besides, I still never saw him say anything about the Lions defining his life.

That's a stretch on your part

Not really.

Haha. Talk me off the ledge Louis Friend.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plus side.... Ziggy is now at 5 sacks, so he is not a bust!!!!!
DTOW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[/quote]

Yes, we haven't played well that last 2 weeks but that doesn't make us a bad team. We are good enough to beat anyone left on our schedule. I don't think Rogers is back for Thursdays game so if we beat the Packers (which I think we do) we are in the drivers seat.

Guys, the sky is not falling. We still control our own destiny and if you make it to the playoffs anything can happen, especially if our offense is clicking.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTOW wrote:
Quote:

Yes, we haven't played well that last 2 weeks but that doesn't make us a bad team. We are good enough to beat anyone left on our schedule. I don't think Rogers is back for Thursdays game so if we beat the Packers (which I think we do) we are in the drivers seat.

Guys, the sky is not falling. We still control our own destiny and if you make it to the playoffs anything can happen, especially if our offense is clicking.[/quote]

A playoff caliber team would have beaten the Bucs. I know it is any given Sunday and I don't think its doomsday but this loss is very concerning.

Stafford had another rough outing and their were some huge drops especially the one at the end.

With Rodgers on his way back and this Thursday's game isn't a lock, right now making the playoffs is questionable.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another horrible game. Stafford threw this one away. Linehan still sucks

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
DTOW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A playoff caliber team would have beaten the Bucs. I know it is any given Sunday and I don't think its doomsday but this loss is very concerning.

Stafford had another rough outing and their were some huge drops especially the one at the end.

With Rodgers on his way back and this Thursday's game isn't a lock, right now making the playoffs is questionable.
[/quote]

I agree that the loss is concerning, but there is a distinct difference between a concerning setback and wanting a team to just tank it the rest of the way.

We are in 1st place (albeit slightly) with 5 games to go. At the start of the season every single one of us would have taken that. 3 more wins and we have a playoff shot, 4 more wins and we're virtually guaranteed to win the division. I'll take it.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTOW wrote:
Quote:

I agree that the loss is concerning, but there is a distinct difference between a concerning setback and wanting a team to just tank it the rest of the way.

We are in 1st place (albeit slightly) with 5 games to go. At the start of the season every single one of us would have taken that. 3 more wins and we have a playoff shot, 4 more wins and we're virtually guaranteed to win the division. I'll take it.[/quote]

We aren't taking advantage of the circumstances that surround us though. Pittsburgh and TB should have been a win but we threw it way through poor play.

We haven't locked up the division and Rodgers will be back soon. I think there is too much focus on being in first place. I understand that there is the any given Sunday and injuries happen but we aren't playing like we are 1st in the North.

At this point we are just keeping the spot warm for GB.
DLF54927

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the fact that Stafford and the pass defense have both been trending downward that's concerning.

Stafford getting out of his funk is the only chance this team has IMO because the pass defense ain't getting better anytime soon.

And this coaching staff moves like molasses to change anything scheme-wise on either side of the ball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: