Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WEEK 12 GDT: Bucs(2-8) at Lions(6-4)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Revis and the Bucs
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Megatron and the Lions
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

Maverick12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: WEEK 12 GDT: Bucs(2-8) at Lions(6-4) Reply with quote

Figured I start one up and hopefully start a new winning streak. It should be known the last GDT I made was preseason week 3 against the Pats, so obviously I left on a positive note.

Maverick12's keys to victory
Arrow Pressure and hit Glennon
Last week the Lions dline dissapointed us with a sub-par showing against a below average offensive line. Now, Glennon's no Rothlesberger, so getting consistent pressure on him will be key in forcing poor throws and turnovers

Arrow It's OK to score outside the 2nd quarterThis hasn't been much of a problem this year, but it was a disaster last week. Lions showed us how dangerous they can be last week in the 2nd quarter, but they also showed how inconsistent they can be as well, getting shutout in 3 quarters. Lions must play more consistent this week.

Arrow Welcome back BurlesonAfter a somewhat embarrasing accident, Nate finally returns to the lineup. With Calvin and Reggie getting most of the attention, it would be nice to have a reliable 3rd option, and Burleson was exactly that before his unfortunate accident. [/u]

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish

Last edited by Maverick12 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Joique Bell playing?

down but not out. I still believe!
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Is Joique Bell playing?

word on the street is achillies injury but he hasnt been ruled out yet

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think Detroit could drop this one. They should win it hands down. Rainey is so shifty right now for TB that it gives them another threat beyond Jackson.

That said I think Bush has a big game while Calvin does not.

Detroit comes out in closer game compared to what it should be.

Detroit by 3.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a must win for the Lions. I expect them to be fired up or they can forget making the playoffs.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano hangs up on Detroit reporters after question about MRSA

Quote:
ALLEN PARK -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano hung up on Detroit reporters during a teleconference Wednesday after a question about the MRSA outbreak that infected at least three players.

He answered the question, then hung up fewer than 6 minutes into the call. That's roughly half the length of the average weekly call.

No coach has hung up during the session in years.

Quote:
"There's so much misinformation about that whole issue -- not just with our instance, but in general. The fear that people with a lack of understanding," Schiano said when asked about the MRSA.

"The reason I can say that is I didn't understand. But MRSA is everywhere, and it's a matter of practicing good habits and hygiene and all that stuff. I think we're doing fine with that. Unfortunately, it affected some of the players and their health, and certainly our environment here as far as distractions go.

"I'm glad that's in the rear-view mirror, and this team's doing nothing but looking forward. Guys, I appreciate it, I'll see you on Sunday."

Other interesting quotes.

Quote:
Schiano had time to touch on a couple other subjects before ending the call. He seemed particularly excited by the play this season of his star cornerback, Darelle Revis, and his matchup with Detroit receiver Calvin Johnson.

"You're talking about the one of the best to ever play his position in the history of the game," Schiano said of Johnson. "There's plays on tape where there's three guys surrounding him and he just jumps up and rips the ball out of the sky."

TimeForChange

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their Oline is finally coming around and its talented. Will open holes up for any RB. Glennon doesn't scare me but he had a big game against ATL (who is just scary bad).

Revis is getting healthier and their defense doesn't look terrible.

I look at it this way. We are playing a 2-0 Bucs team and not the 0-8 Bucs team.

Stafford needs to be on his game this week and our secondary needs to be able to make some plays. I feel like we had a lot of missed opportunities as far as turnovers last week. Glennon will make mistakes and we need to jump on that.

I want our 2nd quarter Lions for the entire game this week.
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Their Oline is finally coming around and its talented. Will open holes up for any RB. Glennon doesn't scare me but he had a big game against ATL (who is just scary bad).

Revis is getting healthier and their defense doesn't look terrible.

I look at it this way. We are playing a 2-0 Bucs team and not the 0-8 Bucs team.

Stafford needs to be on his game this week and our secondary needs to be able to make some plays. I feel like we had a lot of missed opportunities as far as turnovers last week. Glennon will make mistakes and we need to jump on that.

I want our 2nd quarter Lions for the entire game this week.

you want us to score 108 points?! Shocked Laughing

They beat a disarray Dolphins team and a terrible Falcons team. I'm not concerned about this game just because they're on a win streak. We are 5th in the league in rush yards allowed (Phins are 25th and ATL is 30th), so they likely won't be able to run the ball, which puts the ball in the hands of Glennon.

I don't think they'll score a TD on us this game. Call it a bold prediction, but I think we take it 24-9

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glover Quin, Joique Bell, Calvin Johnson and Jonte Green all back at #Lions practice today. Idonije not doing much at practice.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/403563158263975937

here is thrusday's update
Chups

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy1609 wrote:
Glover Quin, Joique Bell, Calvin Johnson and Jonte Green all back at #Lions practice today. Idonije not doing much at practice.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/403563158263975937

here is thrusday's update

That's nice to hear.

Especially Joique Bell. Losing him in the second half really hurt our offense against the Steelers.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week was our chance to prove that we belong on top of the NFCN, and we fell short. If we fail to win this week, I'll start to question if we really belong in the playoffs.

Team Stylish
SimsZilla

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions havent lost two in a row yet this year, heres hoping that streak continues!

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the sig!
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Ansah's status?

We've been good against the run this year and Glennon doesn't instill a lot of fear in me. I think he'll be good long term, but there is no reason our defense shouldn't be able to get off the field and let Stafford, Johnson, Bush, and Bell dictate the pace of the game.

With that said, I could see us dropping this one. If we lose this, forget about the playoffs.
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its week 12, and still football left but...Win or Bust IMO.

Shame Tampa have just found their rythem, and realised they can play....just at the wrong time for the Lions.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
I know its week 12, and still football left but...Win or Bust IMO.

Shame Tampa have just found their rythem, and realised they can play....just at the wrong time for the Lions.

Lots of teams would probably find their rhythm if they played the disfunctional Dolphins team and then the Falcons. I'm not ready to say Tampa is out of their funk yet.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: