Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players critical of fans
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Players critical of fans Reply with quote

So on top of the locker comments after Sundays loss, Owen Daniels took to twitter yesterday.....check it out

https://twitter.com/owendaniels

That being said makes it OD, Tate, and Wade Smith all making strong statements on the fans booing.

So, what's 1 thing all them have in common?
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's more about the fact that Texan fans are so friggin clueless that they don't know to shut the hell up when their team has the ball and needing to hear snap counts. The players should know to just shut the hell up right now too as this is not the time to chastise a frustrated fanbase, but I cannot tell you how often I have completely embarassed by our moronic fan base that are so out of touch that they think it's "wacky" to still do the wave and do so even when their team has the ball. Meanwhile, Texan fans don't understand when they are presented an opportunity to possibly influence a game by destroying refs on some of the ridiculous calls we have gotten on our home turf over the years (the phantom PI vs. the Colts comes to mind). I can guarantee you that the refs don't pick up that flag vs. Kuechly in NE, but the average disinterested Texan fan who got tickets from their neighbor who works for Halliburton likely would have already left to avoid 610 traffic anyway. Texan fans absolutely have the right to loudly voice their displeasure, but there is an appropriate time and that is after EVERY short field goal attempt and that abortion at the 2 yard line.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All true, I hate the "fans" that sit by our season tickets.....they sit there never get up to cheer, are too busy messing with their kids and leave during the 3rd quarter....

But the thing they all have in common are, more than likely they all won't be on the team next year. Wade and Tate via free agency and OD via released (As I heard somewhere all his guaranteed money has been paid and can be cut with no penalties)
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
All true, I hate the "fans" that sit by our season tickets.....they sit there never get up to cheer, are too busy messing with their kids and leave during the 3rd quarter....

But the thing they all have in common are, more than likely they all won't be on the team next year. Wade and Tate via free agency and OD via released (As I heard somewhere all his guaranteed money has been paid and can be cut with no penalties)

I remember when I had season tickets in section 606 and this lady above me kept telling me to sit down when the Texans were on defense on 1st and 3rd downs. I had to tell her off. You dont go to games to just sit there like a statue. If that's the case, go watch a movie or watch the game on TV. I hate when people talk when we were on offense too. That pisses me off at the games when I go, more than anything.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I remember when I had season tickets in section 606 and this lady above me kept telling me to sit down when the Texans were on defense on 1st and 3rd downs. I had to tell her off. You dont go to games to just sit there like a statue. If that's the case, go watch a movie or watch the game on TV. I hate when people talk when we were on offense too. That pisses me off at the games when I go, more than anything.

While I agree, when I do sit in the top deck, I don't stand up....but I still yell me butt off
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
I think it's more about the fact that Texan fans are so friggin clueless that they don't know to shut the hell up when their team has the ball and needing to hear snap counts. The players should know to just shut the hell up right now too as this is not the time to chastise a frustrated fanbase, but I cannot tell you how often I have completely embarassed by our moronic fan base that are so out of touch that they think it's "wacky" to still do the wave and do so even when their team has the ball. Meanwhile, Texan fans don't understand when they are presented an opportunity to possibly influence a game by destroying refs on some of the ridiculous calls we have gotten on our home turf over the years (the phantom PI vs. the Colts comes to mind). I can guarantee you that the refs don't pick up that flag vs. Kuechly in NE, but the average disinterested Texan fan who got tickets from their neighbor who works for Halliburton likely would have already left to avoid 610 traffic anyway. Texan fans absolutely have the right to loudly voice their displeasure, but there is an appropriate time and that is after EVERY short field goal attempt and that abortion at the 2 yard line.

I was hoping a thread like this wasn't gonna pop up here....oh well.

First off, screw you and your arrogance for criticizing fans who do the wave, You don't like it stay home or don't participate. At the end of the day the NFL is just entertainment and thousands of fans per game are CHILDREN. I will guarantee you this, when my daughter is old enough to attend a game, I will fly us down there and when the wave starts we will partake. Children love stuff like that and for some old washed up hag like you to criticize or insult us is ridiculous. Get off your high horse or join the luxury box if you don't like us "blue collar" type people who do the wave, cheer whenever we want or boo whenever we want. My ticket cost the same as yours and I will be damned if I will let you or any other fan tell me how to act at a game.

2nd, the players need to stfu. We can boo whenever we want. You were a super bowl aspiring team who is now fighting for the number 1 overall pick. You don't like us booing when on offense? Then you shouldn't have sucked [inappropriate/removed] all season long. I am ok if they didn't like us booing, thats fine, but for an over rated, injury prone, fumbling joke of a running back to call us "wishy washy and fake" is [inappropriate/removed]. The only thing "wishy washy" in Houston is Gary Kubiak, the oline, our qb and our rb. So if Ben wants to complain, maybe he should look in a mirror, or what about he watches film and works on that pathetic excuse of "pass protection" he does.

AND as far as the whining goes for going no huddle, boo f'n hoo. You are paid millions to do this 8 games a year. Don't embarrass the city with your garbage play and maybe we would be quiet for you. Lets not pretend like the yelling was THAT detrimental to the offense, they do silent counts all the time, it was just an excuse because they haven't excepted the fact they suck.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Do you guys think that Houston is the only city with fans like that? Not everyone is like us, go to message boards, watch the draft...etc. We are a small group in comparison. People need to stop worrying about other fans and worry about themselves
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Do you guys think that Houston is the only city with fans like that? Not everyone is like us, go to message boards, watch the draft...etc. We are a small group in comparison. People need to stop worrying about other fans and worry about themselves

I get that there's fans like that everywhere hit it still sucks.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

I was hoping a thread like this wasn't gonna pop up here....oh well.

First off, screw you and your arrogance for criticizing fans who do the wave, You don't like it stay home or don't participate. At the end of the day the NFL is just entertainment and thousands of fans per game are CHILDREN. I will guarantee you this, when my daughter is old enough to attend a game, I will fly us down there and when the wave starts we will partake. Children love stuff like that and for some old washed up hag like you to criticize or insult us is ridiculous. Get off your high horse or join the luxury box if you don't like us "blue collar" type people who do the wave, cheer whenever we want or boo whenever we want. My ticket cost the same as yours and I will be damned if I will let you or any other fan tell me how to act at a game.

Huh? This has nothing to do with economic class, but rather a knowledgeable actively engaged fanbase vs. the detached masses who get handed Texans tickets once a year and pretend like they know what's going on like they do at the Houston Livestock Show Rodeo. If anything I'm arguing for a STRONGER blue collar minded fanbase that understands that they can play an important role in creating a home field ADVANTAGE. My fan roots are in decidedly blue collar St. Louis and without question the baseball fanbase there plays an important role not only on a game by game basis, but also in creating an environment highly attractive to players because the fans actually understand the game and don't do [inappropriate/removed]-chill things like screaming "balk" when the pitcher steps off the mound and fakes a throw to first.

If I recall, you have been to 1 or 2 Texan games and without question Reliant creates a favorable first impression. However, as you sit game after game and season after season and watch some of the same stupid "rookie" fan behavior at games where even in the playoff seasons fans couldn't be bothered to actually break away from their cheezy tailgates to make it into their seats until halfway thru the 1st quarter. I don't want to see Houston fans acting like classless Philly fans or some of the bs that happens at Raiders games, but it sure would be nice to actually intimidate the opposing team or the ref crew once in a while. Again, it has nothing to do with the financial makeup of the fanbase as Seattle & KC are on different ends of the spectrum and are equally difficult places to play.

Again, I absolutely support Texan fans voicing their displeasure on Sunday and think it is important for Bob McNair to witness the visceral demonstrations of dissatisfaction with the product this year as he has a team of people in his ear telling him "all is well" because all the corporate season tix allow us to claim sellouts every week.

Sadly, one of the byproducts of one of my time in College Station has been to truly witness the power of the 12th man to create a hostile environment and make it next to impossible for opponents to communicate. Only the naive don't think that crowd reaction sits in the back of the heads of refs on close calls and that replay reaction doesn't lead to a few makeup calls. A crowd can work refs, just like a coach can and the emotion they provide can push players adrenaline beyond what they can do on their own. I'm clearly not one that thinks it's wrong to boo your own team, but I do think that when a fanbase doesn't understand when hack stuff like the wave done during your own snap counts hurts your team it just adds to the feel that the Texans remain stuck in this novice expansion team mold.

amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its easy to over critique the fan base when sadly the truth is we're a terrible team. 2 winning seasons in our HISTORY make it quite easy to lose interest in the team and the emotions. I have no doubt that winning cures all and when we're shown a consistent winner things will change.

We got a taste of it the last 2 years and the fans showed up. Our playoff home games were CRAZY loud and home field advantage was there.....keep winning and the fans will keep cheering.

We're no different then the Lions, Browns, Jags or Raiders, an over hyped mess, but one that SELLS OUT GAMES. So excuse the fans if theyd rather drink with friends in the parking lot then watch a train wreck.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to be "that guy", but its actually 3 winning seasons.

amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

2009 IMO was an aberration....we BARELY went 9-7 only after Welker went down and even Brady played hurt that game......also, we didnt make the playoffs. 9-7 meant nothing JMO

but i get your point
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

2009 IMO was an aberration....we BARELY went 9-7 only after Welker went down and even Brady played hurt that game......also, we didnt make the playoffs. 9-7 meant nothing JMO

but i get your point

Why break the trend and disagree. I think the 2009 team was one of our best and Kubiak was directly responsible for 4-5 losses that kept us out of the playoffs. The opening loss to the Jets was one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen as Gary was off promoting CSU football days before the game instead of preparing his team which got embarassed in every way possible by a first time head coach and QB in Sanchez. We gave another one to Jacks with multiple Kubiak-esque red zone flops including his infatuation with Chris Brown who fumbled our final chance into the end zone. The Cardinals loss was another abortion of playcalling with 3 failed chances from the 1. Each game in the 4 game division losing streak included trademark Kubiak gaffes including having Schaub center a 50 yard FG on MNF with a dicey Kris Brown and of course the Chris Brown halfback toss and Hail Mary. Gary chose to start his buddies kid in Kasey Studdard at LG instead of our 3rd round draft pick and his rationale for starting Chris Brown at RB after Slaton flamed out remains one of the most bizarre coaching decisions I've ever witnessed as I've never seen a team start a RB based solely on his ability to block rather than one that could neutralize the pass rush by being a threat to do more than run 2 yards into the pile in front of him (but then again Kubiak also invented the "blocking WR" in Kevin Walter.

amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

but i get your point

Why break the trend and disagree. I think the 2009 team was one of our best and Kubiak was directly responsible for 4-5 losses that kept us out of the playoffs. The opening loss to the Jets was one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen as Gary was off promoting CSU football days before the game instead of preparing his team which got embarassed in every way possible by a first time head coach and QB in Sanchez. We gave another one to Jacks with multiple Kubiak-esque red zone flops including his infatuation with Chris Brown who fumbled our final chance into the end zone. The Cardinals loss was another abortion of playcalling with 3 failed chances from the 1. Each game in the 4 game division losing streak included trademark Kubiak gaffes including having Schaub center a 50 yard FG on MNF with a dicey Kris Brown and of course the Chris Brown halfback toss and Hail Mary. Gary chose to start his buddies kid in Kasey Studdard at LG instead of our 3rd round draft pick and his rationale for starting Chris Brown at RB after Slaton flamed out remains one of the most bizarre coaching decisions I've ever witnessed as I've never seen a team start a RB based solely on his ability to block rather than one that could neutralize the pass rush by being a threat to do more than run 2 yards into the pile in front of him (but then again Kubiak also invented the "blocking WR" in Kevin Walter.

I agree about Gary and I will do one better. I think that was MATTS best season and he was the reason we remained competitive. Our run game was pathetic and our defense was average. Nothin on that team besides Matt and Dre were worth anything....Another failed season under the current FO.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they dont want fans booing then give them something to cheer about. They arent heroes saving the world, they are being paid for the entertainment of the fans and they need to remember that. Without the fans there is no million dollar contract, so deal with

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: