You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 QB Market
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texandominance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="amazingandre"]
Bunsterx wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Based on what I have seen, all the top guys have big time accuracy issues. TBH I think I like Murray the best. Obviously he won't be a top guy, with all the hype Teddy, Marcus and Johnny get, but to me, Murray will fair best in the NFL.

I struggle to find much to get excited about with him. Murray is the definition of a low-ceiling prospect. Average arm-strength, below-average height, good but not great athleticism to start.

But those aren't even his biggest issues. He has developed very little over his college career which can be alarming. Maybe different coaches will change that but that is far from a guarantee. He has a terrible time putting any sort of touch on his passes and he doesn't read defenses or see passing lanes very well. I don't think he will bust, but I project a back up who can maybe start and not be a disaster. Solid football character from I've read/seen though.

I see the opposite, I see good arm strength, great field vision, good athleticism, but a terrible supporting cast. His oline is pathetic. He commands respect when he drops back and if given any time at all, he can make you pay for blitzing. I think of all the passers his accuracy is the best when in the pocket (Mariota imo is the best passer on the run but he is wildly inconsistent with his passes, Mariota tends to sail his passes too often). While you call him "low ceiling" I call him NFL ready. Don't forget people, as much fun as RG3, Kaep and Wilson are, no qb like that HAS EVER won a super bowl....

Will be a great off-season, should be fun.[/quote

Murray is my favorite prospect. I've watched him for 4 years. He has the experience and leadership we look for. He is athletic and knows when to use it. He has a strong arm and is accurate. His biggest two knocks are he is short and he is a bit of a gunslinger.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than Bridgewater, who I haven't really looked at much since I never thought we'd be bad enough to have a shot at him, I like Murray the best as well. I like his athleticism and mobility, I like how he holds the ball high, quick release, keeps his eyes downfield, strong arm, and lots of SEC experience. His height could be an issue but it sure hasn't hurt him in college, and I don't think it will in the NFL.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Systems matter a lot. If Kubiak stays I would lean toward mariota for sure. He would be ideal.

If Manziel is an early 2nd round pick then I'm taking jake Matthews in the 1st and Johnny football in the 2nd.

Say what you want about Kubiak but he is a great offensive coach and his simple system for the QB would cut down some of the mistakes Johnny makes. I know people say you can't spend a top 5 pick on a RT but when a RT is a huge weakness and Matthews is BPA you do it and have elite pass protection for years

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kubiak stays I would lean towards an oncoming train.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Systems matter a lot. If Kubiak stays I would lean toward mariota for sure. He would be ideal.

If Manziel is an early 2nd round pick then I'm taking jake Matthews in the 1st and Johnny football in the 2nd.

Say what you want about Kubiak but he is a great offensive coach and his simple system for the QB would cut down some of the mistakes Johnny makes. I know people say you can't spend a top 5 pick on a RT but when a RT is a huge weakness and Matthews is BPA you do it and have elite pass protection for years

I am really starting to wonder if anyone actually pays attention to o-line performance or if Jake Matthews status coming into the season as the top tackle along with his bloodline keeps him at the top of the list until the real analysts start breaking down tape. His performance most certainly HAS NOT warranted any comparison to Joekel who simply did not get beat last year. I don't know where to find sacks allowed stats for college lineman, but nearly every game this season I've watch Jake get beaten at least once even against the patsies that fill most of A&M schedule and as a whole A&M's pass protection has been poor this season. For those of you convinced that Jake is worth burning a top 5 pick on, I would strongly encourage you to actually watch him vs. LSU this weekend and see if he lives up to the hype. I thought he was solid last year at RT, but it's not like the Aggies run much and you DON'T draft RT's in the top 5 and as a LT pass protector, I have been quite underwhelmed this season.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want Teddy before, but I've been watching his games and I am fully committed to him. Bring on the 1st pick baby.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
I didn't want Teddy before, but I've been watching his games and I am fully committed to him. Bring on the 1st pick baby.

Hes got good size, awesome mechanics, an above average arm, and above all he's a pocket passer first. Sure, he hasn't ran over the competition like you'd hope, but that's due to the lack of big time talent around him at Louisville.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Hes got good size, awesome mechanics, an above average arm, and above all he's a pocket passer first. Sure, he hasn't ran over the competition like you'd hope, but that's due to the lack of big time talent around him at Louisville.

I kind of disagree with the lack of big time talent. He has plenty of talent around him. He has 3 Rb's (Michael Dyer, Dominique Brown and Senorise Perry) who could start on almost any school in the nation.), and his WR's arent too shabby either. What I like most about Teddy is that he has such good accuracy while throwing on the run. People underrated his athleticism.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

His poise. You never see him get rattled and still steps into throw even when he know he's about to get hit. He does have some decent talent around him, it's just people want to see him have games where he's going off for 400 yards and 5 TDs which isn't his style.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

His poise. You never see him get rattled and still steps into throw even when he know he's about to get hit. He does have some decent talent around him, it's just people want to see him have games where he's going off for 400 yards and 5 TDs which isn't his style.

Nor is it their HC Charlie Strongs style.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Yeah. Especially when we played them and lost by 7 to them 2 weeks ago. He didnt even have to beat us with his arm to get the win. We couldnt stop his RB's. Laughing

Earlier in the season was when he was going off and beating teams with his arm. Even though it was against lower conference opponents.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Russell Wilson never had "video game stats" either with an okay 70% comp 3100+ yds 33tds 4ints in his senior season..........he turned out just fine.......... Right now TB has about a 70% comp 3200+yds 25tds 3ints.......... As for his weapons, his go to wr Devonte Warker is a projected 2nd to 4th rounder.......... It not like he has Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins.......
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came into this thread hoping to discover whether you fans were playing the Teddy Bridgewater sweepstakes or not.

If you land the #1 pick this year, you are in a great position to take the top QB available. I like Keenum, and have since his time in college. You let him start the season, and if he falters, you energize the fan base by bringing in Bridgewater.

If he plays well, keep starting him. Good starting QBs are hard to find. Unlike in previous CBA agreements, using the #1 pick on a QB has very little risk associated with it.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we take Bridgewater if we have the #1 pick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see more of Keenum with his own playcalling or something like maybe Rick Dennison calling (TBH I don't even know what he even does for the team). I mean it is hard to call anyone a franchise QB when you bench him, make these stupid playcalling decisions, and just waste the talent he might still have that we haven't seen yet. If Keenum struggles through the rest of the year I say Teddy, if he does really good I'd like to see Clowney or Barr.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: