Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 Playoff Picture and Projections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Week 12 Playoff Picture and Projections Reply with quote

Things are looking the Bengals way so far when it comes to the division right now. The only team that could still threaten there hopes is the Ravens though.

The 2013 ESPN Playoff Machine came out today, but apparently it is under maintenance at the moment, so when it does get fixed ill post the link on it.

EDIT-Playoff Machine is now out. Try it out yourself

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

AFC PLAYOFF PICTURE

Seeds:
1.Broncos 9-1
2.Colts 7-3
3.Patriots 7-3
4.Bengals 7-4
5.Chiefs 9-1
6.Jets 5-5

In the Hunt:
7.Dolphins 5-5
8.Raiders 4-6
9.Titans 4-6
10.Steelers 4-6
11.Ravens 4-6
12.Browns 4-6
13.Chargers 4-6
14.Bills 4-7

With the Texans having 8 losses, I think its safe to push them out of the playoff hunt now. IMO a team with 8 losses is out the hunt, although exceptions could change that this year.

The Bengals have there bye week so right now would be a good time for the other teams to give them some more breathing room. The Division still isn't a guarantee, but if the other teams do there part, all will go well.

I would still say the Bengals are in the Hunt for the #2 seed. Realistically I would push them out of the #1 seed conversation. #3 seed will have a clear picture depending on how week 14 goes.

Games of Importance:

1st Slate

1.Jets @ Ravens - Need Jets win (Don't really need to explain why)
2.Steelers @ Browns - You make the Call (Either choice would make sense IMO)
3.Chargers @ Chiefs - Need Chargers win (Still want the Chiefs to get locked in the 5th seed)
4.Panthers @ Dolphins - Need Panthers win (Kind of don't want to see the Dolphins in the playoffs honestly)

2nd Slate

1.Colts @ Cardinals - Need Cardinals win (Colts affect seeding implications)
2.Titans @ Raiders - Need Raiders win (There's really no right or wrong answer here honestly, but I guess I would view the Titans as more of a threat)

Sunday Night

1.Broncos @ Patriots - Need Broncos win (Want the Broncos to lock up the first seed, and the Pats to lose more so the Bengals can push farther for the #2 Seed)

Projected Playoff Standings

Mr.Cincinnati's Playoff Machine

1.Broncos 15-1
2.Patriots 12-4
3.Colts 11-5
4.Bengals 10-6
5.Chiefs 12-4
6.Jets 8-8

7.Dolphins 8-8
8.Chargers 7-9
9.Bills 7-9
10.Ravens 7-9
11.Browns 6-10
12.Raiders 6-10
13.Titans 6-10
14.Steelers 6-10
15.Texans 4-12
16.Jaguars 1-15

Last edited by MrCincinnati on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:45 am; edited 13 times in total
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 12 Playoff Picture and Projections Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:

Surely , we need a Browns win.

We go to PIT Dec 15, and it is possible they could come in to that game with 7 wins. The Steelers are dangerous right now; we need them knocked back to 4-7......
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Week 12 Playoff Picture and Projections Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

We go to PIT Dec 15, and it is possible they could come in to that game with 7 wins. The Steelers are dangerous right now; we need them knocked back to 4-7......

Agreed. I'd much rather face a Pittsburgh team playing a game that has little playoff implications, than one where Pittsburgh's postseason life is on the line. You already know Big Ben in December would find a way to kill us.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Week 12 Playoff Picture and Projections Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Agreed. I'd much rather face a Pittsburgh team playing a game that has little playoff implications, than one where Pittsburgh's postseason life is on the line. You already know Big Ben in December would find a way to kill us.

I think we all agree on that.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Playoff Machine is out now guys

I Didn't bother posting my URL though, because the link is too long and it screws up the thread.

Give it a try yourself and tell me where you think the Bengals will end up.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:

I Didn't bother posting my URL though, because the link is too long and it screws up the thread.

If anyone wants to post their link, just code it in the [url][/url] tags.

Code:
[url=http://exampleurl.com]My Playoff Prediction[/url]

Then the tag will be much shorter. Should look like this: theJ's Playoff Prediction

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

If anyone wants to post their link, just code it in the [url][/url] tags.

Code:
[url=http://exampleurl.com]My Playoff Prediction[/url]

Then the tag will be much shorter. Should look like this: theJ's Playoff Prediction

Ok it too me a while, but I finally got it figured out.

Looking at your Machine, I think you messed up a bit on your picks, because I see you have like 10 tie's. Realistically we all know thats not gonna happen.

Mine is up on the first page now. Mr.Cincinnati's Playoff Machine
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Looking at your Machine, I think you messed up a bit on your picks, because I see you have like 10 tie's. Realistically we all know thats not gonna happen.

Oh i just hit the button to select winners based on win%, then clicked a few at random so the url would be custom. That way i could give you an example. That's not my prediction at all. Very Happy

Going to need a bit of time to make my prediction. Realistically i won't have time to go through all the games until after thanksgiving, which means i'll probably let week 12 and 13 go by before i start filling this out.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Oh i just hit the button to select winners based on win%, then clicked a few at random so the url would be custom. That way i could give you an example. That's not my prediction at all. Very Happy

Going to need a bit of time to make my prediction. Realistically i won't have time to go through all the games until after thanksgiving, which means i'll probably let week 12 and 13 go by before i start filling this out.

Oh. Laughing

The way I make my picks is based upon my picks this week, and for the future games, I just go by which team is better right now to pick the rest.

Division games are the hardest to pick for me. You can't go by whos better, because those games could go either way.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a disappointing week in terms of needing help.

Bengals are only 2 games up on the division now. Both the Ravens and Steelers face off on thanksgiving which means someone is about to be 6-6, so if the Bengals lose to the Chargers who pulled a huge upset on the Chiefs, thats gonna be a problem.

Patriots big win last night tells me the Bengals hopes at the 2nd seed are over, as I look at the Pats schedule and I see nobody else beating them

Colts loss was huge though so it means the chances for the 3rd seed are still realistic.

Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Chargers, Jets and Dolphins all sit at 5-6. One more loss for teams like the Raiders, Browns, and Bills and they are done
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Kind of a disappointing week in terms of needing help.

Bengals are only 2 games up on the division now. Both the Ravens and Steelers face off on thanksgiving which means someone is about to be 6-6, so if the Bengals lose to the Chargers who pulled a huge upset on the Chiefs, thats gonna be a problem.

Patriots big win last night tells me the Bengals hopes at the 2nd seed are over, as I look at the Pats schedule and I see nobody else beating them

Colts loss was huge though so it means the chances for the 3rd seed are still realistic.

Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Chargers, Jets and Dolphins all sit at 5-6. One more loss for teams like the Raiders, Browns, and Bills and they are done

It definitely wasn't the best, as the Patriots victory hurt us more than anything else. We'll have to win out in order to grab the 2nd seed, IMO. I don't think the Patriots win out, but I don't think we do either.

Our game vs the Colts could very well decide who gets the 3rd seed. I would greatly prefer the 3rd seed to 4th, for obvious reasons.

Was hoping the Browns would beat the Steelers, as they're now 5-2 over their last seven games. Our game against them on SNF will be an extremely difficult matchup, and they're not a team I want to face in the playoffs either. I know they're not as good as in years past, but they're still the Steelers. I'll be pulling for Baltimore on Thursday, as they don't concern me as much.

I would say that the Browns, Raiders, and Bills are already done for all intents and purposes. They would likely have to win out in order to get a playoff position, which is highly unlikely.

Bengals just need to take care of business. Our next three games are all going to be tough; I'd be pleased if we go 2-1 over that stretch, with one of the victories being against the Colts. 1-2 would be a pretty big disappointment, IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: