Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos work out three FS; sign former Raven Huff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we also added an ex-Oregon safety named John Boyett to the PS.

Anyone know anything about him?
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

He was injured in college, but was regarded by some as a big time sleeper. Got drafted by the Colts, then arrested for DWI or something before getting cut.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

He was injured in college, but was regarded by some as a big time sleeper. Got drafted by the Colts, then arrested for DWI or something before getting cut.

Thanks, Tzimisce
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

Sounds like he was a star player, got injured, and the Colts gambled on him with a 6th round pick. Then he screwed his career by stupidly getting drunk in public.

Good article from an Oregon paper:
http://dailyemerald.com/2013/11/19/john-boyett-signs-with-the-denver-broncos-practice-squad/

I'm not worried about the Michael Huff signing. It is just a depth signing to handle the case of another safety getting hurt. Huff will be a backup.
rhuston

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure I am in the minority here but I like Adams. Moore is one of those guys that is always in the picture just after the tackle is made. I like Adams ability to tackle over Moore. Moore runs a hundred miles an hour but maybe in the wrong direction at times.

I hope he comes back eventually because the thought of Boldin in the game ever scares me but I like Adams to fill the spot.
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
Isn't this the same guy that we ripped apart in the past two seasons?

2 seasons ago he was poor. He wasn't last year.

Oh totally thought you were talking about Rahim lol

haha, nah. Rahim is a decent player. Huff on the other hand... Laughing
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:
I am sure I am in the minority here but I like Adams. Moore is one of those guys that is always in the picture just after the tackle is made. I like Adams ability to tackle over Moore. Moore runs a hundred miles an hour but maybe in the wrong direction at times.

I hope he comes back eventually because the thought of Boldin in the game ever scares me but I like Adams to fill the spot.

Oh no, Adams I like as well. He's a SS and would step in if Duke were out, though. Huff and Boyett are needed for FS depth. Bruton alone won't do it.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get this signing at all. Jammer is a better solution at FS. WTH wouldn't the Broncos sign a guy like Kerry Rhodes. Rhodes is a ballhawk...heck they should sign that guy anyway.
howie102

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that DRC has been playing well above expectations and Harris has been pretty solid, any chance we see Champ stepping onto the field at FS? While neither position is great for his foot injury, fewer cuts playing deep could allow him to see the field.

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:

Moore is a much better tackler than Mike Adams. He may not have been when he first came into the league, but he's certainly gotten much better. It's a step down to have Adams in there over him.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

howie102 wrote:
Considering that DRC has been playing well above expectations and Harris has been pretty solid, any chance we see Champ stepping onto the field at FS? While neither position is great for his foot injury, fewer cuts playing deep could allow him to see the field.

Just a thought.

Champ hasn't been able to play period, let alone play a position he's never tried. I doubt we see him inserted there during a SB caliber season.

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I don't get this signing at all. Jammer is a better solution at FS. WTH wouldn't the Broncos sign a guy like Kerry Rhodes. Rhodes is a ballhawk...heck they should sign that guy anyway.

Apparently teams are avoiding him like the plague because he's well known for being gay (but in the closet), this is a real shame IMO and if there are characters in our locker room that would reject Rhodes for this reason then they need to take a long look at themselves.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Apparently teams are avoiding him like the plague because he's well known for being gay (but in the closet), this is a real shame IMO and if there are characters in our locker room that would reject Rhodes for this reason then they need to take a long look at themselves.
Rhodes dropped off long ago his play has been terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

I've seen a handful of games he's played in, so it's a fairly small sample size. But from what I've seen: He's tiny bit undersized for his style of play, but he's still over the 200 lb mark. Very athletic, and not afraid to lay it all out. Phenomenal open field tackler, and plays quite a bit faster than his 40 times suggest. There's one thing about him that kind of rubbed me the wrong way though. He seems to have a habit of going for players knees, and not necessarily in a clean way. Don't want to call him dirty as I haven't seen a whole lot of him. But I remember there being more than one occasion where I couldn't help but think he was trying to injure someone. Just something I noticed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

To the first part of your post, this is not why teams are avoiding him. At least, it's not the primary reason. You're correct that there are rumors that he may be closeted, however, teams allegedly had problems with his desire to be in music videos and putting his modeling before his football career.

To the second part, I agree wholeheartedly, unfortunately we can't really have that discussion any further.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: