You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trey Watts, RB, Tulsa

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Trey Watts, RB, Tulsa Reply with quote

Julius "Trey" Watts III out of Tulsa is my sleeper pick at RB for the 2014 NFL Draft. This guy is getting very little love but will be trending upwards come draft time, or at least he should be.

For the 2013 season, he's currently sitting at 1,026 yards on 206 carries (4.9 AVG) and 8 TDs to go with 372 receiving yards and 1 TD.

Watts (5'10'', 210 lbs) is a compact, do-it-all back with great vision, good turnover, and impressive balance. He's not a burner and he won't truck anyone over, but this guy will find the hole if it's there and he's an efficient runner that gets what he can without dancing or coming up with negative plays. He doesn't go down on first contact and can bounce off or run through some glancing blows. He's also a quick receiver with good hands and has the awareness to pick up the blitz.

He's a similar player to Bishop Sankey, IMO, and there really isn't too much separating them in terms of talent. Sankey is probably the tougher runner but Watts is a more versatile weapon.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him become an effective player in the NFL in a platoon role or even carry the load at times.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will probably go in the 5th and put up similar production to a 2nd round back. Good steal in the later rounds for whoever takes a shot. "Alfred Morris"/ "Andre Ellington" type potential with ability regarding position drafted

norcalgsr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me more of Jordan Todman.

Leader of these Bandwagons: Derrius Guice, Kalen Ballage, Jordan Villamin, Simmie Cobbs, Cam Akers, Elijah Holyfield
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:

I was just thinking of a guy who is also currently draft eligible and more well known. Besides, I can't match you in how in-depth and off the beaten path you go for comparisons Wink

Comparison aside, do you like Watts? I know you study RBs very closely.
ColumbusCrewzer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a walk on to Tulsa. Been pretty consistent this year. Good at picking up blitzes and catching passes out of the backfield.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:

I was just thinking of a guy who is also currently draft eligible and more well known. Besides, I can't match you in how in-depth and off the beaten path you go for comparisons Wink

Comparison aside, do you like Watts? I know you study RBs very closely.

If I were to compare him to someone else in this draft, I'd say he has a little bit of Storm Johnson and Roderick McDowell.

I like him, but don't think he'll go high in the draft.

Leader of these Bandwagons: Derrius Guice, Kalen Ballage, Jordan Villamin, Simmie Cobbs, Cam Akers, Elijah Holyfield

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: