Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The "Let's Bash Jerruh" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
be WARE94

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
I think at this point he isn't hoodwinking anyone, at least not fans that follow the Cowboys like most of us here. We know he is going to do what he wants to do. We know we have no say in that no matter how much we complain. He doesn't have to do anything about it. He is the one paying all that money for the team and the one getting the profits from it. He is a business man first and the rest follows. It sucks and as fans we remain loyal to a fault but at the end of the day what a small group thinks or does in regards to Jerry's ownership, it doesn't matter.

this x1000.....i agree with plan.....but at the same time i can see Jerrys side.....it's clear the man isn't a moron.....just STUBBORN as all hell....it's a process.....but maybe we are starting to chip away at him Very Happy and it kinda shows as far as the drafts we've had the last few years.....although i could do without all the moving up/down.....if they don't REALLY address the defense this offseason.....then we will have a problem.....but i agree with plan....we are a solid coach away from being a 10-11 win team.....ESPECIALLY if the defense can become respectable and we commit to the run
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So NOW JJ says that Red Ball was the OC/playcaller for most of the season. When some of us called BS, that Red Ball was calling plays we were shouted down. This coaching mess is ridiculous.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-RowanKavner/Jerry-Jones-Not-Planned-But-Garrett-Was-Coordinator/066d7167-e0c6-48a4-ab9a-12f3044255d6

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
retrolock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
So NOW JJ says that Red Ball was the OC/playcaller for most of the season. When some of us called BS, that Red Ball was calling plays we were shouted down. This coaching mess is ridiculous.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-RowanKavner/Jerry-Jones-Not-Planned-But-Garrett-Was-Coordinator/066d7167-e0c6-48a4-ab9a-12f3044255d6

One thing I'm glad Jerry admitted is that he was too hasty in firing Landry. But if he didn't do that, would Jimmy have been available later on?
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:

Garrett took over after the bye. Or at least he took more control. And our offense looked better.

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrolock wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

One thing I'm glad Jerry admitted is that he was too hasty in firing Landry. But if he didn't do that, would Jimmy have been available later on?

See. I disagree. I think firing Landry was the right move. The way it was handled is very different story, though.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
retrolock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
retrolock wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

See. I disagree. I think firing Landry was the right move. The way it was handled is very different story, though.

Yeah, Jerry messed it up. That's why he's hated for so long, aside from Jimmy Johnson hoopla, messing of the salary cap by signing worthless big money contracts, even for building that huge AT&T stadium with its humongous screen. Being from the Philippines I'd love to see that stadium Very Happy
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
retrolock wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

I agree. However, it probably would have been better if Jerry himself didn't fire Landry. He should have let Bum do it who could have simply told Tom the new owner wants a clean slate moving forward and it's only fair that I let you know first.

textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today marks 25 years that Jerry has owned the Cowboys! 25 years today!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:

And much like a firework, explosive and incredibly impressive from the start only to fizzle away into a deep sense of longing and regret that it's over.

In Redball I Trust!
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25 years. Wow. I can remember well reading in the newspaper about the purchase and firing of Tom Landry. I was not a happy camper.

The first 10 years sure were nice, but man the past 15 have been frustrating to say the least.

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.

Last edited by WizardHawk on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:

And nearly 2/3 of his tenure as owner have kept us mired in mediocrity. Hooray.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

and the other 1/3, he had us a team for the ages! Hooray!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Yes, a team that he didn't build beyond Troy Aikman (which was a pretty good decision, if you ask me). But, it was with a coach whom he hired.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

If you look at Jones tenure from a historical perspective - it is amazing. 3 SB wins in 25 years is fantastic. Most franchises don't have that in their entire tenure.

The biggest issue that occurred was that Jones was too successful too quickly. He flew so close to the sun and basked in it. He fired a HOF coach and replaced him with another one. Within 10 years he had the most wins in a decade and 3 rings with two coaches. Everything he touched turned to gold.

...and then hubris.

In Redball I Trust!
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrolock wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

He said that he would have had Bum Bright fire Landry instead of having Tex Schram fire him for Jerry. Never said he would keep Landry.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 22 of 40

Jump to: