Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The "Let's Bash Jerruh" Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20362
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: The "Let's Bash Jerruh" Thread Reply with quote

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/11/jerry-jones-tells-cbs-news-he-hears-all-the-criticism-and-likes-the-pain-of-it.html

Quote:
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says he listens to talk radio “more than anyone” and that criticism hurts, but deep down, maybe he likes it.

“I think I love the pain,” he said in an interview with CBS News correspondent Jan Crawford broadcast Monday on “CBS This Morning.” “Certainly, criticism hurts, but it, boy – fuels your ambition. It makes me think, ‘I wanna show them.’ ”

Jones said he does hear the criticism for putting out a Cowboys team that has only one playoff victory in 17 seasons, and he chooses not block it out.


There you have it, folks. Just like I've said for years. He doesn't care about winning. He cares only about himself and stroking his own ego. If winning was the most important thing, then he'd do what it takes to win. But he won't. Jerry's #1 priority is Jerry. Not the team, not winning, not doing things the right way, but Jerry. So I don't want to hear anything about his "passion" for winning or any other nonsensical drivel you can come up with. Until he proves that he wants to win (i.e., getting out of the way), we're not going to win.

But hey, he's going to "show us". Yep, and what a job he's done at proving his detractors wrong. Rolling Eyes
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17161
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing at your interpretation of that quote.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
acowboys62


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 10049
Location: NJ/Phila
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan, you really got that from that?

It makes Jones sound like a sick person with the Nurse quite, but I did not see "I don't want to win" anywhere.
_________________
Quote:
"I'm going to demolish him. He understands that."
- Kobe Bean Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 26649
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...if anything, just the opposite.

"I want to show them" makes me believe he wants to field a competitive team and show people that he can win a Super Bowl without Jimmy Johnson.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20362
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Yeah...if anything, just the opposite.

"I want to show them" makes me believe he wants to field a competitive team and show people that he can win a Super Bowl without Jimmy Johnson.


No, it screams ego. The man would rather lose than win with someone else getting the credit. If winning mattered most, then "showing" everyone would be to do the right things conducive to winning. But he isn't about that.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20362
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Laughing at your interpretation of that quote.


And why's that? Because his "deepened resolve" tells you this every time we waste another season? Or after interviews where he admits that any GM in the league would and should be fired with results the same as his, and yet he "promises" to make improvements? What, then? What is it about this man's lies that keep you believing his nonsense? The man lies right in your face and you laugh when someone challenges it? Seriously?
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20362
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To further prove that point that you guys are missing, Jerry wants to prove that he can win by himself even though he's been failing at it for 20 years. He isn't interested in winning with someone else because his ego won't allow it. He knows that he isn't capable of being a good GM, admitted it, but still continues because proving a nay-sayer wrong is more important to him than hiring a real football guy to run things. And why would that be? Because if he hired a real football guy to be the GM and we started winning, it would prove that he's a failure, and Jerry can't have that.

Again, he doesn't care about winning. He only cares about himself. If winning was the single most important thing to him, "showing them" would be irrelevant.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tony7188


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3390
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Laughing at your interpretation of that quote.


If someone enjoys being criticized at doing their job, then that person is a fool and not deserving of that said job. There's nothing wrong with having an "I'll show you" approach to everyone, but after 17+ years of continually failing at the same job and still having that "I'll show you" approach is seriously one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

This should make every Cowboy fan mad as hell because it shows one of two things: losing in embarrassing fashion doesn't hurt Jerry Jones ENOUGH or that Jerry Jones does not care ENOUGH about winning. Because if he cared about winning (or how his team loses) then he would have stepped out of his own way by now. Add this article to another long list of embarrassments that this organization has had since Jimmy Johnson left.
_________________

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23844
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People read into thing what they want, apparently.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5333
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen it's his money, but he should be embarrassed that he is 71, and craves attention like a teenager. I think it shows his immaturity that he won't hire a GM, and leave the football operations to that person. It's not like he couldn't keep busy with all the marketing, and promotions of the Cowboys and all the events at AT&T stadium.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2868
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
To further prove that point that you guys are missing, Jerry wants to prove that he can win by himself even though he's been failing at it for 20 years. He isn't interested in winning with someone else because his ego won't allow it. He knows that he isn't capable of being a good GM, admitted it, but still continues because proving a nay-sayer wrong is more important to him than hiring a real football guy to run things. And why would that be? Because if he hired a real football guy to be the GM and we started winning, it would prove that he's a failure, and Jerry can't have that.

Again, he doesn't care about winning. He only cares about himself. If winning was the single most important thing to him, "showing them" would be irrelevant.


I couldn't agree more. People, this is not about being a "negative poster." Like i stated in another thread, all of the mock drafting, managing the cap, bringing in this FA or letting that guy go or hiring another HC is simply treating a symptom, the disease still exists. JJ has to get out of his own way in order for this team to truly compete.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 26649
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
To further prove that point that you guys are missing, Jerry wants to prove that he can win by himself even though he's been failing at it for 20 years. He isn't interested in winning with someone else because his ego won't allow it. He knows that he isn't capable of being a good GM, admitted it, but still continues because proving a nay-sayer wrong is more important to him than hiring a real football guy to run things. And why would that be? Because if he hired a real football guy to be the GM and we started winning, it would prove that he's a failure, and Jerry can't have that.

Again, he doesn't care about winning. He only cares about himself. If winning was the single most important thing to him, "showing them" would be irrelevant.


I couldn't agree more. People, this is not about being a "negative poster." Like i stated in another thread, all of the mock drafting, managing the cap, bringing in this FA or letting that guy go or hiring another HC is simply treating a symptom, the disease still exists. JJ has to get out of his own way in order for this team to truly compete.


And I'm pretty sure every single person here wants Jerry to step down as GM. But, he won't and isn't anytime soon.

So, instead of constantly bitching about something that isn't going to change, there are those of us who choose to stay slightly optimistic that getting the right coach in here will get the team back on track.

It worked with Jimmy, he and Jerry had a great relationship for a while and were able to build a winning team. There's no reason to think it couldn't happen again. Look at the changes that have occurred under Garrett during the last three years, the atmosphere and culture has changed (2 OL in the 1st in three years says A LOT)...but at this point it looks as though JG isn't the guy to get us over the hump.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20362
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
To further prove that point that you guys are missing, Jerry wants to prove that he can win by himself even though he's been failing at it for 20 years. He isn't interested in winning with someone else because his ego won't allow it. He knows that he isn't capable of being a good GM, admitted it, but still continues because proving a nay-sayer wrong is more important to him than hiring a real football guy to run things. And why would that be? Because if he hired a real football guy to be the GM and we started winning, it would prove that he's a failure, and Jerry can't have that.

Again, he doesn't care about winning. He only cares about himself. If winning was the single most important thing to him, "showing them" would be irrelevant.


I couldn't agree more. People, this is not about being a "negative poster." Like i stated in another thread, all of the mock drafting, managing the cap, bringing in this FA or letting that guy go or hiring another HC is simply treating a symptom, the disease still exists. JJ has to get out of his own way in order for this team to truly compete.


And I'm pretty sure every single person here wants Jerry to step down as GM. But, he won't and isn't anytime soon.

So, instead of constantly bitching about something that isn't going to change, there are those of us who choose to stay slightly optimistic that getting the right coach in here will get the team back on track.

It worked with Jimmy, he and Jerry had a great relationship for a while and were able to build a winning team. There's no reason to think it couldn't happen again. Look at the changes that have occurred under Garrett during the last three years, the atmosphere and culture has changed (2 OL in the 1st in three years says A LOT)...but at this point it looks as though JG isn't the guy to get us over the hump.


Des, the reason it "worked" with Jimmy was because Jerry had zero control over football operations and personnel. Jimmy had a clause in his contract which granted him 100% control of the team. The reason he quit was because Jerry convinced himself that he could do it just as well without Jimmy. So unless Jerry is willing to relinquish control as he did when he first bought the team, it's highly unlikely that it can happen again.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23844
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Jerry wants to win - and of course he wants to do it on his terms. Most people don't become ridiculously successful by following someone else model.

I mentioned this is another thread. Make no mistake. Jerry actively WANTS Redball to be successful. It would be the Cherry on top for him if we win with Redball. It would mean that 1. we make history with having the first individual to win a championship as a player and as a head coach with the same team - and history means headlines and 2. it would mean that he saw a championship coach before anyone else did (as evidence hiring him beforehand bringing Wade).

That would mean that Jerry would have 4 Championship Trophies with 3 different head coaches in 25 years. That would be remarkable.

So if anyone is a back of redball - it's Jerry. He's invested. He wants to win, though.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
acowboys62


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 10049
Location: NJ/Phila
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jerry really did not want to win, he wouldn't both with dishing out large contracts and pushing us to the brink of the salary cap (whether those are good contacts or not is an issue that has been beaten to death and for another thread).

Jerry is in this to win on his terms (selfish and dumb) but, I see nothing that shows he does not want to win.

You can say a lot of things after this article, but hardly that it says he does not want to win.

The Jerry is a bad GM topic is starting to remind me of this:
Quote:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


It is getting old, we get it, I have yet to see a single poster defend him as a GM.
_________________
Quote:
"I'm going to demolish him. He understands that."
- Kobe Bean Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group