Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 (SNF): Denver Broncos @ NE Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KC_Broncos_Fan


Joined: 24 Jul 2013
Posts: 243
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Last year we lost to HOU, ATL, NE, BAL and beat CIN and BAL. 2-4 against teams with winning records.

This year, we've lost to IND and NE, and beat KC, who many don't believe is a good team.

In short, our 5 losses have been to good teams, or at least teams with winning records. We have beat up bad teams, but do not have a truly good signature win.


Yea well, look at Atlanta and Houston this year. They are hot trash.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21149
Location: Capitol Cit-ay
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Last year we lost to HOU, ATL, NE, BAL and beat CIN and BAL. 2-4 against teams with winning records.

This year, we've lost to IND and NE, and beat KC, who many don't believe is a good team.

In short, our 5 losses have been to good teams, or at least teams with winning records. We have beat up bad teams, but do not have a truly good signature win.


Yea well, look at Atlanta and Houston this year. They are hot trash.


Okay? Who cares? Last year they weren't. KC was hot trash last year, this year they're the only team with a winning record we've beaten.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobdevine


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 2115
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamme mic'ed up:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Micd-Up-Tamme/8cfe4290-2db2-41eb-9200-526531c4414a
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Helicopter


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 193
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
The Helicopter wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Sorry to nitpick but we only forced 3 fumbles really.

Fumble 1: Ridley. Forced by Woodyard, recovered by Miller for a TD.
Fumble 2: Brady. Forced by Miller, recovered by Pot roast
Fumble 3: Blount: Forced and recovered by Danny
Fumble 4: Muffed punt by Edelman. Completely unforced.
Fumble 5: Second fumble on the same punt return by Edelman, forced by special teams
Fumble 6: Brady, but it wasn't forced, he just dropped it.


Cool! ...can you break down the Broncos fumbles and INT's whether they were turnovers or not?


Manning threw two interceptions. The latter of which was nulled by a pass interference call on the defense.

We fumbled four times I think.
Holliday muffed a punt at the tail end of the 2nd quarter.
Ball lost a fumble early in the second half.
Anderson fumble in overtime that cost us the game.
And Tony Carter muffed punt


Looks about even then...very indicative of the scoring. Thank you.

AlaskaMagnum wrote:

Denver lost the game but they physically beat the leaving tar out of the Patriots last night. That was a nasty football team from Denver last night. The Patriots finessed their way through the game and to a win. If Denver continues this level of physical play, Denver will be in the Super Bowl.


That was my take. I was impressed by our D & O lines against a team that we historically have problems matching up with.

broncos67 wrote:
Primetime games =/= primetime opponents. Since Manning has been QB we have had a very poor record in games against top flight competition. It happened last year, it's happening again this year.


No way our run game is nearly that successful if Manning wasn't calling pre-snap plays and assigments. The receivers (dropped passes & lack of clutch plays) and 2nd/3rd string running backs (fumbles) are what's hurting the team in big games. It's not Manning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1687
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On offense, the most under rated player on this team is Jacob Tamme.
If we needed a 9 yard grab to sustain a game winning drive in the Super Bowl, there is no other Receiver on this team I would trust to make the catch more than Tamme. Yup I said it.
This dude is as dependable as I have seen in a long time. Cant believe there was talk of letting him go.

If any of the Tight Ends has to go this off season, it better be Dreessen. I like Joel but clearly he is the most expendable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21149
Location: Capitol Cit-ay
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People need to grasp the idea that Peyton Manning has his own set of issues. We need to stop acting like the guy is infallible. He's got a damn poor record when the lights are brightest, especially in the playoffs, and he's terrible in the elements.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Winder23


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 4159
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
People need to grasp the idea that Peyton Manning has his own set of issues. We need to stop acting like the guy is infallible. He's got a damn poor record when the lights are brightest, especially in the playoffs, and he's terrible in the elements.
Nobody has said he is infallible (nice vocab). In fact I think we all knew coming the guy has some issues. The neck, his age, and yes his playoff record just to name a few.

That being said, you can't deny what this guy has meant to this team. Like Elway said, there is no plan B. Peyton is our guy and I can't think of many that I would rather be quarterbacking the Broncos.

Hurry Hurry!
_________________
GO BRONCOS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe_is_the_best


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 6370
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is saying Manning is perfect. Just think that there's no reason to overreact. Manning is so horrible in sub-40 degree weather, that he has like a 92 QB rating. And let's just remember all of Mannings flops. I mean it seems like it's hip to criticize Manning like all the posters in NFL General.

Manning wasn't good. He deserves some blame, as he is the QB and leader of the team. But let's not ignore the bad plays of his teammates. Nobody was getting open, there were a couple bad drops from Welker, there was a tough catch DT could have made (not blaming him, just saying), Ball fumbled it, etc. Manning missed DT for what would have been a TD and it came up short. He had some balls that died in the wind.

I mean yeah we had a 24 point lead, there's no doubt that everyone is to blame. But we lost by 3 points to a team that has been hot as of late, in their house with wind and freezing cold. Manning didn't have a chance to win the game at the end of OT because of Welker (or Del Rio for telling him to field it, whoever). If that muff doesn't happen and Manning leads the comeback I can guarantee people wouldn't be criticizing him as much.

Peyton has his limitations sure, but I've seen more people talking about what Peyton didn't do well, rather than the Defense or Wes Welker. Saying that we can't win a SB because it's going to be cold is just ridiculous to me.
_________________
I survived 2/2/2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thebestever6


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 1957
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
No one is saying Manning is perfect. Just think that there's no reason to overreact. Manning is so horrible in sub-40 degree weather, that he has like a 92 QB rating. And let's just remember all of Mannings flops. I mean it seems like it's hip to criticize Manning like all the posters in NFL General.

Manning wasn't good. He deserves some blame, as he is the QB and leader of the team. But let's not ignore the bad plays of his teammates. Nobody was getting open, there were a couple bad drops from Welker, there was a tough catch DT could have made (not blaming him, just saying), Ball fumbled it, etc. Manning missed DT for what would have been a TD and it came up short. He had some balls that died in the wind.

I mean yeah we had a 24 point lead, there's no doubt that everyone is to blame. But we lost by 3 points to a team that has been hot as of late, in their house with wind and freezing cold. Manning didn't have a chance to win the game at the end of OT because of Welker (or Del Rio for telling him to field it, whoever). If that muff doesn't happen and Manning leads the comeback I can guarantee people wouldn't be criticizing him as much.

Peyton has his limitations sure, but I've seen more people talking about what Peyton didn't do well, rather than the Defense or Wes Welker. Saying that we can't win a SB because it's going to be cold is just ridiculous to me.

This Manning is good enough to win in the cold but his teams depend on him too much in the cold. I wish we had a team that played like we had tebow at qb all the time. We'd be unstoppable.
_________________
Props to Deadpulse for the Sig:

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC_Broncos_Fan


Joined: 24 Jul 2013
Posts: 243
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
People need to grasp the idea that Peyton Manning has his own set of issues. We need to stop acting like the guy is infallible. He's got a damn poor record when the lights are brightest, especially in the playoffs, and he's terrible in the elements.


Did pretty good at the end of last season playing in the cold. Tony Carter has been responsible for making big mistakes in the Ravens game and the New England game. All Peytons fault though...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Helicopter


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 193
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:

Manning is good enough to win in the cold but his teams depend on him too much in the cold. I wish we had a team that played like we had tebow at qb all the time. We'd be unstoppable.


WOW, did you just compare Manning to Tebow? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group