Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 (SNF): Denver Broncos @ NE Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

Sorry to nitpick but we only forced 3 fumbles really.

Fumble 1: Ridley. Forced by Woodyard, recovered by Miller for a TD.

Fumble 2: Brady. Forced by Miller, recovered by Pot roast

Fumble 3: Blount: Forced and recovered by Danny

Fumble 4: Muffed punt by Edelman. Completely unforced.

Fumble 5: Second fumble on the same punt return by Edelman, forced by special teams

Fumble 6: Brady, but it wasn't forced, he just dropped it.

Cool! ...can you break down the Broncos fumbles and INT's whether they were turnovers or not?
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Fumble 5: Second fumble on the same punt return by Edelman, forced by special teams

Cool! ...can you break down the Broncos fumbles and INT's whether they were turnovers or not?

Manning threw two interceptions. The latter of which was nulled by a pass interference call on the defense.

We fumbled four times I think.

Holliday muffed a punt at the tail end of the 2nd quarter.

Ball lost a fumble early in the second half.

Anderson fumble in overtime that cost us the game.

And Tony Carter muffed punt
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
To everyone rushing to make "The World is Ending Statements":

Take a step back and look at the big picture. John Fox wasnt coaching. Champ didnt play. Nor did Julius Thomas. DRC got hurt and then entire defense looked like crap. Von Miller still isnt in game shape. We turned the ball over 4 times in the 2nd half. Yet we still lost on a fluke play in one of the toughest stadiums in the NFL to play at.

This sounds like a bunch of exuces. The bottom line the whole team gave up a 24 point lead that's bad.

In no way are those excuses. Im painting a picture for the fans that are ready to jump off the cliff. This team hasnt peaked yet.

Running efficiency last night proved this team hasn't peaked. Only thing that will screw this team is a windy stadium, cuz PFM's ball does not cut through the wind at all. Other than that, we got caught looking ahead, and laid down. A lot of things were fluky about this game, from our first 17 points to us giving up 31 unanswered. 31-0 runs against an offense as good as ours isn't going to happen without some crazy situation (20 mph sustained winds).

Dont freak out cuz we all hate the Pats so much. Not worth it in the grand scheme.

This is the main reason I think everyone is freaking out. The Pats have owned the Broncos for 3 years now. Right when the Broncos have a comfortable 24-point lead, they blow it, then lose in OT. Fans are livid that the team blew a 24-point lead AND they lost to the Pats again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After digesting last night's improbable meltdown, I think it is time the Broncos stop this tomfoolery they have going on with Trindon Holiday.
He is your Kick/Punt returner. Sometimes he muffs licks. The up side is that at any moment he can score a TD. So either live with him and let him do his job or cut him.

I am sick and tired of bringing in Welker or someone else because you dont trust Holiday.

This is the 2nd time bringing in Welker to replace Holiday has led to a turnover. Enough already!
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
After digesting last night's improbable meltdown, I think it is time the Broncos stop this tomfoolery they have going on with Trindon Holiday.
He is your Kick/Punt returner. Sometimes he muffs licks. The up side is that at any moment he can score a TD. So either live with him and let him do his job or cut him.

I am sick and tired of bringing in Welker or someone else because you dont trust Holiday.

This is the 2nd time bringing in Welker to replace Holiday has led to a turnover. Enough already!

The problem is that Trindon also has issues with muffing the ball. Heck, he muffed both a punt and a kickoff last night.

Welker is typically seen as the "safe hands" to fair catch the kick when we expect it within the ten.

Personally I think we should cut our losses and just throw all 11 men at a punt block. We'd have a better chance at blocking a punt, and no chance of a muff.

I'm only referring to the situations where the oppo is punting from beyond their own 45 yard line.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

The problem is that Trindon also has issues with muffing the ball. Heck, he muffed both a punt and a kickoff last night.

Welker is typically seen as the "safe hands" to fair catch the kick when we expect it within the ten.

Personally I think we should cut our losses and just throw all 11 men at a punt block. We'd have a better chance at blocking a punt, and no chance of a muff.

I'm only referring to the situations where the oppo is punting from beyond their own 45 yard line.

I think the reason JDR went to Welker was because he has history in the Foxborough elements. Trindon clearly was struggling with the swirling winds so JDR let Welker go out there because of his experience at that field.

If Trindon is not returning punts and kicks for this team, he shouldnt be on the roster. And thats not, nor should it be, the case.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,he went to Welker and it arguably cost us the game. Might as well have just left Trindon in there.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people seem to be downplaying the conditions. Take it from a guy not too far, it was miserable last night, and all day, and the wind never stopped. It was a consistent 20+ mph with no let up.

Not making excuses for Hollidays ball security issues, but no one should lose their job because they had trouble tracking the ball yesterday, it was pretty crappy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I think the reason JDR went to Welker was because he has history in the Foxborough elements. Trindon clearly was struggling with the swirling winds so JDR let Welker go out there because of his experience at that field.

If Trindon is not returning punts and kicks for this team, he shouldnt be on the roster. And thats not, nor should it be, the case.

We used to bring Welker in on the fair catch calls instead of Edelman and Edelman is a pretty good PRer. He just doesn't fumble the ball much returning but he screwed up on calling Peter. And Holiday dropped I think 2 KRers? So it makes sense.

paul-mac wrote:
The Helicopter wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Manning threw two interceptions. The latter of which was nulled by a pass interference call on the defense.

We fumbled four times I think.

Holliday muffed a punt at the tail end of the 2nd quarter.

Ball lost a fumble early in the second half.

Anderson fumble in overtime that cost us the game.

And Tony Carter muffed punt

For the INT that actually counted it was just great press coverage by Logan Ryan.
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/manningint.gif

That's a gif if you wanted to see it in multiple angles. Ryan stepped up and made a great play and Manning thought decker would beat the rookie, looks like he barely looked. Logan Ryan really stepped up today and he has been solid all yr. Him, Cooper and Webster all look good and they will get better.
Quote:
The timing of the blitz by Arrington on the Logan Ryan pick is just perfect. Caught Manning COMPLETELY off-guard, Ryan perfect press.

2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony carter one mistake? Haha your having a laugh hes been horrible everytime hes been on the field

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Wait this team doesn't play well in the bright lights? We're 9-2 and have played all but one game on national television.

Ya gotta think about it from a players perspective, they don't care about the Pats the way we do. After the Chiefs loss, I told friends who bet that this is a look ahead game for the Broncos. The Broncos beat the Chiefs next week, they wrap up the one seed, even with a loss vs Pats. Players don't care about the Pats the way us fans do.

They got off to a fortunate start defensively, and you could tell they had zero interest in being there when they came out for the 2nd half. Even up 24 at half, no joking, just cold and miserable on the sideline. They were looking ahead.

Primetime games =/= primetime opponents. Since Manning has been QB we have had a very poor record in games against top flight competition. It happened last year, it's happening again this year.

The players may not care in the same way we do, but honestly that excuse is [inappropriate/removed] poor to me. You play who you play, and every game should be taken seriously. Denver has a game in hand still over NE, but they are going to need to beat NE likely if they want to make it to the SB. Last night exposed them a bit.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Wait this team doesn't play well in the bright lights? We're 9-2 and have played all but one game on national television.

Ya gotta think about it from a players perspective, they don't care about the Pats the way we do. After the Chiefs loss, I told friends who bet that this is a look ahead game for the Broncos. The Broncos beat the Chiefs next week, they wrap up the one seed, even with a loss vs Pats. Players don't care about the Pats the way us fans do.

They got off to a fortunate start defensively, and you could tell they had zero interest in being there when they came out for the 2nd half. Even up 24 at half, no joking, just cold and miserable on the sideline. They were looking ahead.

Primetime games =/= primetime opponents. Since Manning has been QB we have had a very poor record in games against top flight competition. It happened last year, it's happening again this year.

The players may not care in the same way we do, but honestly that excuse is [inappropriate/removed] poor to me. You play who you play, and every game should be taken seriously. Denver has a game in hand still over NE, but they are going to need to beat NE likely if they want to make it to the SB. Last night exposed them a bit.

What's our record in prime time in PM's time here? I doubt its as bad as you're making it out to be seeing as we're 24-5 over the last two years, pretty sure that's the best record in the league in that span.

You can't honestly take anything from this game, it says literally nothing about either team. It was a game of flukes. First - Denver's offense is never going to go -31 in a half again... They're going to mesh in points. Along with that, NE is prob never going to surrender 24 points unanswered. Next, do you really think the broncos turn it over 4 times in a half again? Do you think the Pats turn it over 3 times in a quarter in another game? --- the amount of uncharacteristic turnovers by both teams made up the game.

The only thing you can take from this one is that the Broncos run game is getting pretty good.

This game was just a lot of weird fluke stuff that was uncharacteristic of both sides, and you likely wont see more than one turnover from either team in the next matchup, if it happens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This game was just a lot of weird fluke stuff that was uncharacteristic of both sides, and you likely wont see more than one turnover from either team in the next matchup, if it happens.

Agreed, and I think there will be a re-match in the AFC Title Game, though it will be in Denver.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year we lost to HOU, ATL, NE, BAL and beat CIN and BAL. 2-4 against teams with winning records.

This year, we've lost to IND and NE, and beat KC, who many don't believe is a good team.

In short, our 5 losses have been to good teams, or at least teams with winning records. We have beat up bad teams, but do not have a truly good signature win.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AlaskaMagnum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="broncos67"]
elliot878 wrote:

Denver lost the game but they physically beat the leaving tar out of the Patriots last night. That was a nasty football team from Denver last night. The Patriots finessed their way through the game and to a win. If Denver continues this level of physical play, Denver will be in the Super Bowl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: