Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 (SNF): Denver Broncos @ NE Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebestever6

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
To everyone rushing to make "The World is Ending Statements":

Take a step back and look at the big picture. John Fox wasnt coaching. Champ didnt play. Nor did Julius Thomas. DRC got hurt and then entire defense looked like crap. Von Miller still isnt in game shape. We turned the ball over 4 times in the 2nd half. Yet we still lost on a fluke play in one of the toughest stadiums in the NFL to play at.

This sounds like a bunch of exuces. The bottom line the whole team gave up a 24 point lead that's bad.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
BullsandBroncos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have Moreno catch punts. He has the best hands on the team.

I'm right about LeBron regressing. Blasphemy to suggest his stats wouldn't improve & was a worse defender. My prediction that turned out true.
I think you're schizophrenic. Seek help.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Manning has been able to mask a lot of our deficiencies.

Given that we're in cap hell, and eventually will lose Manning, I see a 3-13, 2-14 type season in the next 2-3 years

What the hell are you talking about? Yes this team is flawed but we have one of the top 3 most talented rosters in the NFL. Any most of our talent is young. When Peyton retires we will be a wildcard playoff team if Brock/Dysert can play at even a Kyle Orton game-manager type level.

This loss is on quite a few players. First off, our secondary is painfully inconsistent. It does not help that we lost DRC after the 1st half. In addition, not having Rahim Moore helped Brady with those intermediate throws. I thought we got good pressure all day and, most importantly, Von Miller is back.

The passing offense was disgusting. The only player who was above average catching balls was Jacob Tamme. DT was negated all day by Talib (Which is not totally unacceptable, IMO Talib is a top 5 CB when he is 'on' his game). Although, DT did come alive on the tying drive and basically save the game. Decker being shut down was far more annoying than DT. He was not facing an elite CB, he was facing backups and still did nothing. Welker showed the flaws that NE fans were fed up with. Peyton simply cant throw in the cold.

Our team, most specifically our passing attack, is not build for cold weather playoff situations. Peyton simply doesnt have the arm to throw when its cold. To win incliment weather games in the playoffs our team is going to have to rely on causing turnovers and running the ball to win. We did both pretty well last night and still lost. Not an encouraging sign.

Finally, I have to acknowledge the play of Moreno. He showed more heart than I have seen in a long time last night. Dude was bleeding from multiple places, running with 110% effort in the freezing cold. He is the toughest player on our offense and his effort should have set a tone for the rest of the team. Unfortunatley, I dont think it did last night.

PS: Both Ball and Anderson had a fumble but I was encouraged by the play of both. And for CJ's rabit fan, ya we know that he recovered his fumble but how about you address the wide open pass he dropped in the 4th. Gotta play it both ways buddy.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BullsandBroncos wrote:
We should have Moreno catch punts. He has the best hands on the team.

Dude, at least credit me partly with that sig of yours. Wink

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Fips

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As European you got to hate those SNF games... Especially that one. Staying up all night to see this disappointment and then heading directly to work..

Maybe this loss happened at the right time, a wake up call to play all four quarters in the NFL even if you're up by 24. But we have to bounce back in KC.

Any word on the injuries? Reading that Moreno left the stadium in a walking boot and DRC did not come back into the game is scary
broncospride95

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why everyone is acting as if the sky is falling. It was a game against a tough opponent in hostile territory. I firmly believe we should've won, but we screwed it up. It happens. With Foxy coming back this week, I think the Broncos will learn from this and come back stronger. I'd rather this happen now then in the playoffs.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait this team doesn't play well in the bright lights? We're 9-2 and have played all but one game on national television.

Ya gotta think about it from a players perspective, they don't care about the Pats the way we do. After the Chiefs loss, I told friends who bet that this is a look ahead game for the Broncos. The Broncos beat the Chiefs next week, they wrap up the one seed, even with a loss vs Pats. Players don't care about the Pats the way us fans do.

They got off to a fortunate start defensively, and you could tell they had zero interest in being there when they came out for the 2nd half. Even up 24 at half, no joking, just cold and miserable on the sideline. They were looking ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few notes to Adam Gase:

1) When something works, stick with it. Lombardi was asked "how many times are you going to run that play". His response? Until they stop it.

2) When you've run the ball on 5 consecutive plays for about 6 yards a carry, a screen pass to that RB probably is a very bad idea. Ya see Adam, the "D" is already concentrating on him.

3) Just an observation Adam, but you have a tendency to call a pass play immediately after a running play that gains less than 2 yards. Pretty much about 90%+ of the time.

Anyway Adam, you've got all the pieces to put together a very dominant offense, our game last night showed that. Problem is, you're fumbling around like a toddler in the middle of a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle.

The pieces are there kid, just put 'em together.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Take a step back and look at the big picture. John Fox wasnt coaching. Champ didnt play. Nor did Julius Thomas. DRC got hurt and then entire defense looked like crap. Von Miller still isnt in game shape. We turned the ball over 4 times in the 2nd half. Yet we still lost on a fluke play in one of the toughest stadiums in the NFL to play at.

This sounds like a bunch of exuces. The bottom line the whole team gave up a 24 point lead that's bad.

In no way are those excuses. Im painting a picture for the fans that are ready to jump off the cliff. This team hasnt peaked yet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

In no way are those excuses. Im painting a picture for the fans that are ready to jump off the cliff. This team hasnt peaked yet.

Running efficiency last night proved this team hasn't peaked. Only thing that will screw this team is a windy stadium, cuz PFM's ball does not cut through the wind at all. Other than that, we got caught looking ahead, and laid down. A lot of things were fluky about this game, from our first 17 points to us giving up 31 unanswered. 31-0 runs against an offense as good as ours isn't going to happen without some crazy situation (20 mph sustained winds).

Dont freak out cuz we all hate the Pats so much. Not worth it in the grand scheme.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing finish, but man it felt good to see Denver manhandling the Pats in the run game.

Positives:
- The OL and our RB's (especially Moreno) were very good
- Von Miller is a beast
- Defense forced 6 fumbles
- The first half
- Manning came back to tie the game

Negatives:
- 4 TD's on 4 possessions to start
- The wind really affected Manning's passes (yes the wind, not the cold)
- Receivers didn't seem to get open
- Some predictable playcalling
- Trindon Holliday & Wes Welker
- Lost DRC on a meaningless play Evil or Very Mad
- Rob Gronkowski is the master of not getting OPI called

Pretty lame to end the game on a muffed punt. Blah. And what was with Osweiler trying to block a FG? Laughing To block that short of a FG, you need to get in the backfield.

We don't win big/close games? It's true, as evidenced by our losses to the Chiefs and Cowboys. Oh wait.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fips wrote:
As European you got to hate those SNF games... Especially that one. Staying up all night to see this disappointment and then heading directly to work..

I used to be like that, but I have NFL gamepass now (have for last 2 years). I only have to get up an hour and a half early to watch the recording of the full game. Plus, I can skip adverts and half time.

MUFC OK
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Disappointing finish, but man it felt good to see Denver manhandling the Pats in the run game.

Positives:
- The OL and our RB's (especially Moreno) were very good
- Von Miller is a beast
- Defense forced 6 fumbles
- The first half
- Manning came back to tie the game

Negatives:
- 4 TD's on 4 possessions to start
- The wind really affected Manning's passes (yes the wind, not the cold)
- Receivers didn't seem to get open
- Some predictable playcalling
- Trindon Holliday & Wes Welker
- Lost DRC on a meaningless play Evil or Very Mad
- Rob Gronkowski is the master of not getting OPI called

Pretty lame to end the game on a muffed punt. Blah. And what was with Osweiler trying to block a FG? Laughing To block that short of a FG, you need to get in the backfield.

We don't win big/close games? It's true, as evidenced by our losses to the Chiefs and Cowboys. Oh wait.

Sorry to nitpick but we only forced 3 fumbles really.

Fumble 1: Ridley. Forced by Woodyard, recovered by Miller for a TD.

Fumble 2: Brady. Forced by Miller, recovered by Pot roast

Fumble 3: Blount: Forced and recovered by Danny

Fumble 4: Muffed punt by Edelman. Completely unforced.

Fumble 5: Second fumble on the same punt return by Edelman, forced by special teams

Fumble 6: Brady, but it wasn't forced, he just dropped it.
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. Was a bit of an oversight on my part

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
True. Was a bit of an oversight on my part

3 FF by the defense and one by ST is still huge. I would be happy with one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: