Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bears and the Playoffs: Wildcard and Division

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: The Bears and the Playoffs: Wildcard and Division Reply with quote

The wildcard looks like it is going to be tougher to grab with Carolina really coming on. They look good and I would be shocked if they did not grab a wildcard spot at this point.

That leaves us battling the 49ers, Cardinals, Packers and Cowboys/Eagles the 49ers being the real threat in that group. But with so many clumped teams someone is going to go on a run.

The division is going to be tough as the Lions play a cupcake schedule coming up. I know it sounds weird but we really need AROD to come back and beat the Lions on Thanksgiving.
Athelite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only way I see it happening is if we win out.

^Takeonme^
ConVict90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need to necessarily win out which would be ideal.. The Panthers still play the Saints twice and the Falcons again which is a rivalry game so I really wouldn't be surpassed if the Falcons won. I'm predicting the Panthers to go 10-6.

As I said before I'm not to worried about Arizona being a legitimate threat, they still have the 49ers and Seahawks again. I'm predicting the Cards to go 9-7.

I feel like a I have no right to say this after getting swept but I still don't believe the Lions are a functional enough team to make the playoffs this year. I think they get Green Bay (I doubt Arod will be back in time) but then I see project them losing 3 strait to Philly, Baltimore, and the Giants. I got Lions going 9-7

If the Bears make it into the playoffs I expect them getting in by winning the division.

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to see this team grabbing a wildcard spot with the likes of Carolina and San Fran already in the mix there and looking like strong bets to hold on.

I think it's winning the division crown or bust. And I don't think that's totally out of the equation with the way Josh McCown is performing and a reasonable schedule on the horizon.

Detroit has proven over the past couple of years that they're pretty inconsistent and looking at their remaining schedule I'd say there's no gimmie win there except for maybe the Bucs, who have been playing a lot better as of late.

As for Green Bay, they're just no good without ARod. If they lose to the Vikings this week then I believe they have little to no chance at winning the division, even if Rodgers comes back soon.

Say what you will about this up and down season, but this Bears team has put themselves in a good position to take charge here down the stretch. With players like Briggs, Ratliff and McClellin soon to return from injury, that could provide a much needed boost to get this team over the hump and into the dance.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be ideal (and most advantageous) for the Bears to win out. It's easier said than done, but out of their 6 remaining games 2 are division opponents and 2 are against playoff contending teams. So if they win at least those 4 games they would still need some "help" to secure a playoff spot. The Bears still control their own destiny at this point if they can win out...a tall order, but if they really want to make the playoffs it has to be done.

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
ForteOz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to keep in mind is that NO and Car still have to play each other twice, and SF still has another game against Seattle, so the wild card is still a possibility.
But I agree that the most likely course is through the division, which is always better anyway.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
Another thing to keep in mind is that NO and Car still have to play each other twice, and SF still has another game against Seattle, so the wild card is still a possibility.
But I agree that the most likely course is through the division, which is always better anyway.

You literally just reiterated everything I just said lol

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
ForteOz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

It sounds better when I say it.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

Alright! So I didn't read your post...

But you left out the part about SF and Seattle playing each other Very Happy
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
Falcons again which is a rivalry game so I really wouldn't be surpassed if the Falcons won. I'm predicting the Panthers to go 10-6.

I would because the Falcons are absolutely terrible. Tampa Bay just ran right through them....it'll be an absolute miracle if they win another game this season.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
Falcons again which is a rivalry game so I really wouldn't be surpassed if the Falcons won. I'm predicting the Panthers to go 10-6.

I would because the Falcons are absolutely terrible. Tampa Bay just ran right through them....it'll be an absolute miracle if they win another game this season.

Carolina is in as far as I can see.

The real question will be can a couple more teams knock the Lions off before the end of the season.

The Bucs are going to Detroit maybe they can continue this momentum.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
ForteOz wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

Alright! So I didn't read your post...

But you left out the part about SF and Seattle playing each other Very Happy

Indeed sir..

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: