Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 GDT: The this week is HUGE edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins this week?
Colts
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cards
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 9

LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Week 12 GDT: The this week is HUGE edition Reply with quote

Getting it up early this week so I don't blow it off later Laughing

This week in the lives of the Arizona Cardinals...

Reporter: Sp do you guys plan on run blocking this week?
Bradley: what's that?
Reporter: What do you mean?
Bradley: Coach only teach us us pass blocking

Reporter: Carson what is your normal snack before game time?
Carson: Well I used to eat a chocolate turnover before every game but since then I've switched to PayDays

Reporter: How bout you Calais what do you eat?
Calais: I ate Hen last week, this week it's Lucky Charms.

BACKGROUND: When the colts last saw the field they beat the Titans by a score of 30-27. QB Andrew Luck threw for 234 yard no touchdowns or interceptions. In a combined effort they ran for 137 yards with 3 touchdowns. Donald Brown lead the way with 80 yards and two touchdowns. Their defense forced two sacks and one forced fumble. No interceptions. Linebacker Eric Walden will be suspended for this game as a result of head butting helmet-less Delaine Walker.

Lucky's 3 Keys to Victory:

Colts
- Force turnovers, we will have a tough time recuperating from the turnovers we make
- Stop that rushing attack I guarantee the Cards will not win a game if they continue to run the ball like they did this week.
- You want to make it a shootout, we don't score a whole lot, and you guys can

Cardinals
- Palmer needs to keep this good turnover trend going
- Ellington needs to be a factor
- Defense needs to do their thing. Stop that Indy offense.

This is the biggest game we've played in all season, hands down. In the midst of a playoff hunt we have to continue our push as the schedule is rough. We need the snowball effect going into those last two games against the Seahawks. Winning here and vs Philly next week are freaking huge. Now for this game, Bruce is facing his old team, the team he won coach of the year with last year. He knows it's weaknesses and it's strengths. If we hired Bruce for one game this year, this was it. He has to get our boys ready for everything he knows this team does. Pick apart this offense, and exploit their weaknesses on defense. I predict that the team who wins the turnover battle wins no matter what. This week is a MUST WIN.

PREDICTION: Cardiac Cards strike again. This time we take it 17-13. We win the turnover battle and have Luck on his heels the whole game.

Now in case You need some help getting pumped up...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=34x6jxZ_Erk

And last but not least LETS GO CARDS!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luck has not been playing as well ever since Reggie Wayne got injured. The one thing that has me worried is Coby Fleener. This defense has not been able to stop any tight end all year long and they are going up against a good athlete in Fleener. If the defense wants to stand a chance this week, stopping Fleener and not letting up big plays to Hilton will be key. I feel confident that the run defense will show up once again and continue Trent Richardson's woes.

Justo on the sig
mtdowner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From azcardinals.com: "Arians said there will be discussion among the coaches about using Tyrann Mathieu instead of Patrick Peterson on punt returns"

Also Teddy Williams is going to IR and Bethel is questionable for Sunday with a concussion.

Honestly more worried about Donald Brown than T-Rich. But I think our D takes care of both either way. Fleener really worries me the most. He's got the athleticism to get big chunks of yards at a time.

We have to get the run game going. If we abandon it, Mathis is going to wreak havoc on Palmer. I think a sack fumble is very likely. Gonna need our special teams to step it up, but that's going to be hard if Bethel doesn't play.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a winnable game. On paper, these teams are pretty evenly matched. I'd give the Colts the edge on offense but the Cards the edge on defense.

I think we'll shut down their run game so it's important to get to Luck in a hurry and hopefully create some turnovers.

I think we'll win this game because 1. we're riding a 3 game winning streak and our offense is improving 2. We're playing at home and 3. Arians knows how the Colts coaches and players and should be able to use that to our advantage.

I'll go with a close scoreline. 24-20 Cards.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in case you haven't noticed, Carson's rocking a handlebar mustache now...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good write up this week. If we don't win this one I don't think we have a chance at the playoffs.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
Good write up this week. If we don't win this one I don't think we have a chance at the playoffs.

I have to agree that we need this game to go to the playoffs. With the team currently 6-4 and Seattle all but assured to win the NFC West, this team is going to need 10 wins to get into the playoffs. They could get in at 9-7 but 10 wins almost guarantees you a playoff spot.

The way I see it, the Cards need to win this game and the next 3 games on the schedule; next week @Philly, home vs Rams then @Titans. The last two games are @Seattle and home vs 49ers, which I am skeptical about.

Winning 4 out of the next 6 is something this team can do but will definitely be a challenge.

Justo on the sig
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:

I have to agree that we need this game to go to the playoffs. With the team currently 6-4 and Seattle all but assured to win the NFC West, this team is going to need 10 wins to get into the playoffs. They could get in at 9-7 but 10 wins almost guarantees you a playoff spot.

The way I see it, the Cards need to win this game and the next 3 games on the schedule; next week @Philly, home vs Rams then @Titans. The last two games are @Seattle and home vs 49ers, which I am skeptical about.

Winning 4 out of the next 6 is something this team can do but will definitely be a challenge.

Those last 2 games will be tough but the 49ers are beatable. Their offense is very inconsistent and if Kaepernick isn't on his game and our great run defense can stop Gore, we have a chance.

The Seahawks will have a playoff spot locked by then. Hopefully they take their foot off the pedal.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Luck has not been playing as well ever since Reggie Wayne got injured. The one thing that has me worried is Coby Fleener. This defense has not been able to stop any tight end all year long and they are going up against a good athlete in Fleener. If the defense wants to stand a chance this week, stopping Fleener and not letting up big plays to Hilton will be key. I feel confident that the run defense will show up once again and continue Trent Richardson's woes.

It's the combination of Hilton & Fleener and how they will play off of each other's "space" that has me concerned. They both are so quick to separate once they get the chance. Gonna be a huge challenge, but I still am picking the Cards to win this game. D should limit the Colts running attack and without Wayne, I'm thinking Luck's confidence will still be somewhat shaky. Offensively, Floyd now has to be given as much attention as Larry, so that should help out Palmer and the passing game. Obviously, gotta keep them honest with some yards on the ground as well and I'm sure they view Ellington as a legit threat to break one. Finally, the hometown crowd really needs to step up and make some noise this week. Gotta make the Colts wish they never stepped into that stadium!

I'm really looking forward to this game! Go Cards!

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be one heck of a game. Cannot express how good it feels to know that we are a team that is capable of going out onto the field and winning a game like this one. Even at 4-0 last season you never really felt the confidence that you have in this current team.

Hopefully we can pull this one off, it is going to be a back and forth battle and to me the cliched keys will come out. Redzone efficiency, third downs and turnovers.
Plucky

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our keys to making the playoffs this year are the bears not winning many more games, and 49ers losing 1 to either the seahawks or the redskins this week. Detroit has a fairly easy schedule ahead so they should run away with that division (4/6 home games). We need to win out except for the seahawks game, I counted that as a loss. Carolina will grab the 5th seed, and the last spot comes down to us vs the 49ers, the last game of the year.

edit: If we only lose 1 game and carolina loses two, 1 which could happen this week, upset pick go miami!! (they also play the saints twice so i figured they would split) we would grab the 5th seed.
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KR4FwWNjD0

Laughing

Free Ellington!
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watching Glennon I'm disappointed they didn't draft him. He has a bright future. You all probably know I was a huge fan. At NC State he had almost nothing to work with but just by watching his tape I thought he was a franchise QB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@CardsMarkD: Today's @azcardinals inactives same as last 2 wks (Bethel active)

10 Golden
14 Lindley
34 Williams
50 Moch
78 Watford
83 Sperry
96 Talley

And also looks like Carolina came in sleeping today 16-3 right now 1 minute till half. It'd be pretty big if we could win with them losing. Putting us into a playoff spot, holding our own destiny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And right when I say that they get a FG 6-16 halftime for the Panthers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: