Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This team has a lot of young developing talent
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
There was a LOT of David Bass love all day today on The Score. Many of the sportscasters were very anti-McClellin and insanely pro-Bass

For me they are very comparable as thy both flash and disappear.

The pro Bass slant comes from him being a 7th round pick we stole off a Pr and are getting something from.

The anti-McClellin is because we could have had Chandler Jones who was awesome tonight for the Patriots.

It is a value thing.[/list]
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
There was a LOT of David Bass love all day today on The Score. Many of the sportscasters were very anti-McClellin and insanely pro-Bass

The pro Bass slant comes from him being a 7th round pick we stole off a Pr and are getting something from.

The anti-McClellin is because we could have had Chandler Jones who was awesome tonight for the Patriots.

It is a value thing.

I can't argue much with McClellin/Jones right now.

McClellin - 6 sacks in 22 games
Jones - 14.5 sacks in 23 games
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

It is a value thing.

Just watching Jone's play one can tell hes doing work, both of nicovich's sacks were because of Jone's play.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

It is a value thing.[/list]

Agreed.
I think it is definitely a perception issue. If it hadn't taken so long for Shea to show us those flashes, we wouldn't have been so quick to call him a bust. As fans we need to see those flashes in real games to keep us going.
Like with Wooton. He was pretty uninvolved early on, but we all remember that sack that knocked Farve out of the NFL.
As for their value relative to their draft position, where a guy was drafted shouldn't really matter once he is on the roster. I always think of it as A) is he worth the roster spot and B) is he worth the contract we are paying him. Those are the resources devoted to keeping him on the roster--the draft pick is the price you already paid.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

It is a value thing.

Yeah, I wanted Jones too.
But I also wanted Hill over Jeffrey, so win some lose some.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy not mentioned in this thread is Marquess Wilson obviously he hasn’t done anything yet but we all know he has the skill set of a guy who shouldn’t have been a 7th round pick…you get him down to Miami in the offseason with Marshall & Jeffery then into year two of an NFL strength and conditioning programme and you might just have the 3rd WR we are looking for if he is willing to put the work in.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
One guy not mentioned in this thread is Marquess Wilson obviously he hasn’t done anything yet but we all know he has the skill set of a guy who shouldn’t have been a 7th round pick…you get him down to Miami in the offseason with Marshall & Jeffery then into year two of an NFL strength and conditioning programme and you might just have the 3rd WR we are looking for if he is willing to put the work in.

I still think they need to get some with deep speed like a Knox or Austin to stretch the field even more, not a high pick though mid to late rounds.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I still think they need to get some with deep speed like a Knox or Austin to stretch the field even more, not a high pick though mid to late rounds.

I agree, Wilson seems like he would be a solid player to rotate in with Marshall and Jeffery on the outside, rather than play a lot in the slot. I would like to also see Jeffery and Marshall moving around and getting in the slot too, just as they would be able to potentially find a few mismatches and get themselves as much space as possible.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: This team has a lot of young developing talent Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Alshon Jeffery

I was not high on Jeffery when he was drafted, I was wrong, he is a star.

He's on pace for 84 catches, 1309 yards and 5 TD on a team that also has a healthy Brandon Marshall in his prime. If Marshall is gonna set all the Bears receiving records (and he is), then Alshon is gonna break them. SUPERSTAR.

This pick wasn't even a home run - it was 2 grand slams in the same inning.
Its so ridiculous he fell to us, it wasn't like he was a 2nd round talent who developed, he was a top 15 talent that fell b/c of the worst rumor mill ever, and an idea that he was soft b/c he didn't test at the combine with everybody else. And the fact is, that anybody w/ a brain should have realized how false the rumors were, supposedly a week before the combine he's up to 250 lbs, yet shows up at the combine at 216. He's running 4.8, yet somehow drops 4 full tenths of a second off his 40? child please. How ignorant must the Jets and Rams feel, they not only passed on him, but they passed him for Stephen Hill (all speed no hands) and Brian Quick (good athlete, average football player). How does this even happen, and let's be real, this is the saving grace to that draft for Emery. If it isn't for Alshon Jeffery everyone is talking nonstop about how terrible that draft was. The fact is he found a superstar WR in a town that has been desperately looking to find one and has named countless guys #1 WRs that don't deserve it, and did it in the 2nd round.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: This team has a lot of young developing talent Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Alshon Jeffery

I was not high on Jeffery when he was drafted, I was wrong, he is a star.

He's on pace for 84 catches, 1309 yards and 5 TD on a team that also has a healthy Brandon Marshall in his prime. If Marshall is gonna set all the Bears receiving records (and he is), then Alshon is gonna break them. SUPERSTAR.

This pick wasn't even a home run - it was 2 grand slams in the same inning.
Its so ridiculous he fell to us, it wasn't like he was a 2nd round talent who developed, he was a top 15 talent that fell b/c of the worst rumor mill ever, and an idea that he was soft b/c he didn't test at the combine with everybody else. And the fact is, that anybody w/ a brain should have realized how false the rumors were, supposedly a week before the combine he's up to 250 lbs, yet shows up at the combine at 216. He's running 4.8, yet somehow drops 4 full tenths of a second off his 40? child please. How ignorant must the Jets and Rams feel, they not only passed on him, but they passed him for Stephen Hill (all speed no hands) and Brian Quick (good athlete, average football player). How does this even happen, and let's be real, this is the saving grace to that draft for Emery. If it isn't for Alshon Jeffery everyone is talking nonstop about how terrible that draft was. The fact is he found a superstar WR in a town that has been desperately looking to find one and has named countless guys #1 WRs that don't deserve it, and did it in the 2nd round.

Yeah he didn’t just fall because of rumours…he fell because his play fell off as a junior…that can’t be argued that he wasn’t nearly as effective as he was as a sophomore…and he was also clearly out of shape during that season as well…now the rumours in the offseason about sever weight gain and running that slow were blown out of proportion but that junior season tape hurt far more than anything else…you also have to take into account that he was a little soft coming out of college…Brandon Marshall said that and it was something they worked on this offseason…Marshall has really helped him hit the level of play he is at now.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

No doubt a speedy deep threat would help this offence but we only have so many picks to go around...have to get this D fixed.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

No doubt a speedy deep threat would help this offence but we only have so many picks to go around...have to get this D fixed.

That's why I said in the later rounds, I firmly believe the first 4 picks have to go to the defensive side.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

That's why I said in the later rounds, I firmly believe the first 4 picks have to go to the defensive side.

I think even in the later rounds we will be looking for defensive depth…when you consider Earl Bennett as a 3rd receiver has only 14 catches all year we are getting it done with Marshall & Jeffery alone…it’s crazy too think we have two WRs in the top 15 in the NFL in yards.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

If Cutler gets a long term deal I could see that.

If Cutler is franchised tagged then I would expect we go QB in round 2-3.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

It is a value thing.

Just watching Jone's play one can tell hes doing work, both of nicovich's sacks were because of Jone's play.

By the way, how good has Rob Ninkovich been this season? Every time I watch the Patriots that guy is making plays. Local guy too; Lincoln-Way Central and Joliet Junior College alum before Purdue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: