Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This team has a lot of young developing talent
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9731
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: This team has a lot of young developing talent Reply with quote

I was sitting watching the game yesterday and I could not get over all of the young players the Bears have developing from a couple years under Emery. Some of them have flashed and struggled at times, but we are seeing players who at a minimum are worth developing or are becoming stars.

I am impressed with what we have building behind the veterans.

David Bass

He has had some bad moments, but he flashes almost every game with plays and he made another flash play yesterday with an incredible pick 6. He is not a star, but he has shown something for a guy who was stolen off of the Raiders PR.

Shea McClellin

I have been incredibly critical of McClellin, but the guy has shown in moments that he has something.

Jon Bostic

He has missed holes and missed a couple of tackles, but his DTs are getting blown up and he has OLmen on him quickly. But he continues to show that he can run at the NFL level. He made some fantastic plays on outside runs and he reversed field and came out to stop a reverse that looked like it was gone. The interception was an exceptional play.

Khaseem Greene

He has not really flashed since coming into the starting line up, he does spend a ton of time out in the nickle package, but I have seen some good things from him. He makes solid tackles when he run at and he aggressively set the edge and stacked blockers to turn runs inside.

Isiah Frey


He is not a star, but he is a solid tackler and looks good in the slot.

Jordan Mills

PFF can say whatever it wants the guy is a rookie 5th round pick, who has not been in a NFL strength program and the guy goes out and plays great football, does not give up sacks and is a physical brawler in the run game. Mills is an absolute keeper and he looks like he could be a building block on offense.

Kyle Long

He has changed the talent level, athleticism and attitude of the OL. He looks like a future Pro Bowler and a star.

Alshon Jeffery

I was not high on Jeffery when he was drafted, I was wrong, he is a star.


I do not remember a time in the last 9-10 years when I have been so excited about the young talent that I see developing before my eyes.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18712
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post....I'm really happy with how the LBs are improving. Every game they seem to be getting more comfortable with the scheme.As far as PFF and Jordan Mills well you know how I feel about their rankings in general. Biggest surprise this season for me is his play.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VeniceBearsFan


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 2332
Location: Venice, Florida
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this rookie class as a whole. Bostic and Long are going to be great players for a long time if they continue to develop like this
_________________
ADOPT A BEAR= SHEA McCLELLIN

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonserinNC


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 5231
Location: Back in the CHIIII
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few points:

Arrow They actually are right about Mills, Britton plays a TON for a 6th OL. Probably more than any other teams 6th OL. If you notice the Bears play like ZERO 2 TE sets. Britton is in to help Mills on most plays.

Not to say Mills sucks, but he is playing poorly. That being said, 5th round guy, still great value.

Arrow I think you guys liked Greene coming out of Rutgers and have given him a bit of a pass, I havent seen anything from him AT ALL.

I agree with you on everyone else, I have always liked Shea even though you can talk about him not living up to the 1st rd. status. Just forget it and watch the field, we have an above average rotational 3rd DE. Thats all that matters.
_________________


BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real


Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22683
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Few points:

Arrow They actually are right about Mills, Britton plays a TON for a 6th OL. Probably more than any other teams 6th OL. If you notice the Bears play like ZERO 2 TE sets. Britton is in to help Mills on most plays.

Not to say Mills sucks, but he is playing poorly. That being said, 5th round guy, still great value.

Arrow I think you guys liked Greene coming out of Rutgers and have given him a bit of a pass, I havent seen anything from him AT ALL.

I agree with you on everyone else, I have always liked Shea even though you can talk about him not living up to the 1st rd. status. Just forget it and watch the field, we have an above average rotational 3rd DE. Thats all that matters.


What? Laughing

Mills is one of the best rookie OTs in the NFL...he has given up 2 penalties & 1/2 a sack all season.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonserinNC


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 5231
Location: Back in the CHIIII
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
Few points:

Arrow They actually are right about Mills, Britton plays a TON for a 6th OL. Probably more than any other teams 6th OL. If you notice the Bears play like ZERO 2 TE sets. Britton is in to help Mills on most plays.

Not to say Mills sucks, but he is playing poorly. That being said, 5th round guy, still great value.

Arrow I think you guys liked Greene coming out of Rutgers and have given him a bit of a pass, I havent seen anything from him AT ALL.

I agree with you on everyone else, I have always liked Shea even though you can talk about him not living up to the 1st rd. status. Just forget it and watch the field, we have an above average rotational 3rd DE. Thats all that matters.


What? Laughing

Mills is one of the best rookie OTs in the NFL...he has given up 2 penalties & 1/2 a sack all season.


Haha, you just ignored the whole Britton part? Also as was already stated he was ranked like last of all starting RT's on PFF....think about the pressures and runs to the right. Anyway though, I like him and love the Bears so we are arguing about nothing haha.

MILLS FTW!!
_________________


BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real


Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22683
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
Few points:

Arrow They actually are right about Mills, Britton plays a TON for a 6th OL. Probably more than any other teams 6th OL. If you notice the Bears play like ZERO 2 TE sets. Britton is in to help Mills on most plays.

Not to say Mills sucks, but he is playing poorly. That being said, 5th round guy, still great value.

Arrow I think you guys liked Greene coming out of Rutgers and have given him a bit of a pass, I havent seen anything from him AT ALL.

I agree with you on everyone else, I have always liked Shea even though you can talk about him not living up to the 1st rd. status. Just forget it and watch the field, we have an above average rotational 3rd DE. Thats all that matters.


What? Laughing

Mills is one of the best rookie OTs in the NFL...he has given up 2 penalties & 1/2 a sack all season.


Haha, you just ignored the whole Britton part? Also as was already stated he was ranked like last of all starting RT's on PFF....think about the pressures and runs to the right. Anyway though, I like him and love the Bears so we are arguing about nothing haha.

MILLS FTW!!


No I read the part about the 6 Olinemen…but the reason you think the Bears don’t play two TE sets is because they only have two actual TEs on the roster…Britton is brought in as a blocking TE because Steve Maneri wasn’t getting the job done and was cut and Donte Rosario isn’t good at all…Britton isn’t brought in to protect Mills…he is brought in to help the running attack…

As for the amount of pressure he has given up it hasn’t be excessive at all…he certainly hasn’t given up as much pressure as the likes of Eric Fisher…also looking at Matt Forte’s rushing splits he averages 3.55 YPC running to the left…6.25 YPC running to his right so your theory that we struggle running behind Mills is way off.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1576
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
Few points:

Arrow They actually are right about Mills, Britton plays a TON for a 6th OL. Probably more than any other teams 6th OL. If you notice the Bears play like ZERO 2 TE sets. Britton is in to help Mills on most plays.

Not to say Mills sucks, but he is playing poorly. That being said, 5th round guy, still great value.

Arrow I think you guys liked Greene coming out of Rutgers and have given him a bit of a pass, I havent seen anything from him AT ALL.

I agree with you on everyone else, I have always liked Shea even though you can talk about him not living up to the 1st rd. status. Just forget it and watch the field, we have an above average rotational 3rd DE. Thats all that matters.


What? Laughing

Mills is one of the best rookie OTs in the NFL...he has given up 2 penalties & 1/2 a sack all season.


In a way, both of you are correct. They are very rarely leaving Mills one on one, and on most running plays, both Bennett and Britton are to the right of him, likely because he still struggles against bigger ends, both in the run and the passing game, moreso in the run game. That being said, baring going against an elite pass rusher, most RT's get help from a TE as opposed to the LT.

As a side note, i can't wait for Britton to catch a touchdown pass this season. He signs up as eligible literally every time he's in the game.
_________________
2013 Bears Forum Pick'em Champion

Adopt a Bear - DT Stephen Paea
Tackles - 4 Sacks - 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10844
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: This team has a lot of young developing talent Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Alshon Jeffery

I was not high on Jeffery when he was drafted, I was wrong, he is a star.

He's on pace for 84 catches, 1309 yards and 5 TD on a team that also has a healthy Brandon Marshall in his prime. If Marshall is gonna set all the Bears receiving records (and he is), then Alshon is gonna break them. SUPERSTAR.

This pick wasn't even a home run - it was 2 grand slams in the same inning.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9731
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: This team has a lot of young developing talent Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Alshon Jeffery

I was not high on Jeffery when he was drafted, I was wrong, he is a star.

He's on pace for 84 catches, 1309 yards and 5 TD on a team that also has a healthy Brandon Marshall in his prime. If Marshall is gonna set all the Bears receiving records (and he is), then Alshon is gonna break them. SUPERSTAR.

This pick wasn't even a home run - it was 2 grand slams in the same inning.


He seems to always be open.

Jeffery has blown me away for a guy with average speed, he just seems like he cannot be covered.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22683
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: This team has a lot of young developing talent Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Alshon Jeffery

I was not high on Jeffery when he was drafted, I was wrong, he is a star.

He's on pace for 84 catches, 1309 yards and 5 TD on a team that also has a healthy Brandon Marshall in his prime. If Marshall is gonna set all the Bears receiving records (and he is), then Alshon is gonna break them. SUPERSTAR.

This pick wasn't even a home run - it was 2 grand slams in the same inning.


He seems to always be open.

Jeffery has blown me away for a guy with average speed, he just seems like he cannot be covered.


I think we have a lot to thank Marshall for on this one…as a rookie Alshon showed some flashes but at the same time he was a little soft at the LOS and could be pressed…he wasn’t getting as much separation…he wasn’t as good in terms of YAC…now natural progression from year 1 to year 2 is one thing but I think B-Marsh putting him through his training regime and Alshon just being around that level of excellence improved him no end…this offseason should be no different with both these guys working out together.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5490
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Michael Ford also has potential as a #3 RB and KR/PR. Paea is young too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7120
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: This team has a lot of young developing talent Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Alshon Jeffery

I was not high on Jeffery when he was drafted, I was wrong, he is a star.

He's on pace for 84 catches, 1309 yards and 5 TD on a team that also has a healthy Brandon Marshall in his prime. If Marshall is gonna set all the Bears receiving records (and he is), then Alshon is gonna break them. SUPERSTAR.

This pick wasn't even a home run - it was 2 grand slams in the same inning.

I was very, very wrong about Jeffery prior to the 2012 draft. Though most of my disliking of him was due to character concerns, which we have not seen.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7120
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a LOT of David Bass love all day today on The Score. Many of the sportscasters were very anti-McClellin and insanely pro-Bass
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 948
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: This team has a lot of young developing talent Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Alshon Jeffery

I was not high on Jeffery when he was drafted, I was wrong, he is a star.

He's on pace for 84 catches, 1309 yards and 5 TD on a team that also has a healthy Brandon Marshall in his prime. If Marshall is gonna set all the Bears receiving records (and he is), then Alshon is gonna break them. SUPERSTAR.

This pick wasn't even a home run - it was 2 grand slams in the same inning.


He seems to always be open.

Jeffery has blown me away for a guy with average speed, he just seems like he cannot be covered.


He is a very unique route runner, particularly in his release and his stem.

Terrific hands too, like an effin' vacuum.
_________________

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group