Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kubiak fired after 8 seasons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAS22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
kenney wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10102000/ken-whisenhunt-radar-houston-texans?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Guess the texans are interested in him and I'm not as dumb as you all think

That still doesn't make it a good idea, which is really what we're all taking issue with here.

Bingo, hiring Ken would be a stupid decision for this franchise

also, we hired Jed Hughes to assist in the search for the next head coach. Not sure how I feel about that, any inside to this guy

Consulted for the Jets on the Idzik hire and USC on their Sarkisian hire.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:

>_________________<

Ick.

Yes please!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ESPNNFL: THIS JUST IN: Jon Gruden is committed to returning to MNF in 2014 and will not be returning to coaching next season.
(via @MortReport)

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
kenney wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10102000/ken-whisenhunt-radar-houston-texans?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Guess the texans are interested in him and I'm not as dumb as you all think

That still doesn't make it a good idea, which is really what we're all taking issue with here.

Bingo, hiring Ken would be a stupid decision for this franchise

also, we hired Jed Hughes to assist in the search for the next head coach. Not sure how I feel about that, any inside to this guy

Preparing for bitter disappointment.
CAS22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

>_________________<

Ick.

Yeah, I know. At the end of the day though it was still Pat Haden's call and everyone knows how much he loves former USC assistants.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

>_________________<

Ick.

on Jed Hughes

Quote:
Among his high profile placements are Mark Murphy, CEO of the Green Bay Packers; Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference; and Brady Hoke, who last week restored football glory to the University of Michigan by guiding the Wolverines to a Sugar Bowl victory. Other premier sports organizations that Jed has conducted searches for include the United States Olympic Committee, Ladies Professional Golf Association, PGA of America, Seattle Seahawks, Cleveland Browns, Arsenal Football Club, Liverpool Football Club, Ohio State University, ATP Tour, and Women’s Tennis Association.

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get all the hatred for Whisenhunt. Everyone loves cower and Whisenhunt is one of his understudies. He has coached in 2 Super Bowls and built a pretty good team in Arizona that couldn't ever get a decent QB. They got a decent one in Palmer and are now seeing the benefits of it.

If our options are Whisenhunt David shaw, lovie smith and wade Phillips then Whisenhunt would be right up there with Shaw in my book

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
I don't get all the hatred for Whisenhunt. Everyone loves cower and Whisenhunt is one of his understudies. He has coached in 2 Super Bowls and built a pretty good team in Arizona that couldn't ever get a decent QB. They got a decent one in Palmer and are now seeing the benefits of it.

If our options are Whisenhunt David shaw, lovie smith and wade Phillips then Whisenhunt would be right up there with Shaw in my book

I'd be happy with Whis, never got a fair shot in Zona with scrub QB's.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

He's the one who chose to run with Kevin Kolb as his guy, so I don't think he would know a non-scrub QB to begin with.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

He's the one who chose to run with Kevin Kolb as his guy, so I don't think he would know a non-scrub QB to begin with.

Well, maybe if we hand him Bridgewater it will be a perfect storm; a GM giving him as close as there's been aside from Luck to a sure thing at QB and a coach who has gotten Philip Rivers back to a high level of play and been in charge of some extremely high powered offenses, who comes from a coaching circle likely to yield a DC who will keep the team in a 3-4 but actually introduce some variety and diversity to his playcalling.

Whisenhunt wouldn't get me excited, but there are worse candidates out there.
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/12/gary-kubiak-buys-houston-chronicle-ad-to-thank-team-fans-city/
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/12/gary-kubiak-buys-houston-chronicle-ad-to-thank-team-fans-city/

http://news.sky.com/story/1092631/roberto-mancini-thanks-fans-with-full-page-ad

Little copycat!

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what i love about Kubiak, he is a class act, he never blames anyone, he refuses to talk negative about players to the media...if our next coach is half the guy Kubiak is then we are on the right track

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
This is what i love about Kubiak, he is a class act, he never blames anyone, he refuses to talk negative about players to the media...if our next coach is half the guy Kubiak is then we are on the right track

This is PROFESSIONAL sport. I hope our next coach is twice the coach Kubiak was. You don't get W's for being a nice guy.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
This is what i love about Kubiak...he never blames anyone...

This was part of the problem. There was zero accountability for anyone here.

If Matt throws three INTs, including a pick six: It's on me.
When Steve Slaton would fumble on back-to-back drives: That's my fault, this kid is trying hard...
If Randy misses three FGs: I didn't do a good enough job.
If Kevin Walter drops a crucial 3rd down conversion: That's not on Kevin, he blocked well the whole day...
If the defense allows four scoring drives of 80+ yards: They fought hard, but it's my fault...
If Special Teams is their usual incompetent self: Special Teams was battlin out there...

It's nice he didn't throw anyone under the bus ALL the time, but hold SOMEONE accountable for their mistakes. I've seen High School head coaches hold their players more accountable than Kubiak, and Kubiak is in charge of 53 professional athletes. If he's got the urge to coddle them and protect them from the bad men and women who want to say they didn't play well, then he should go down a few notches and coach High School ball.

These were men he was coaching, and he treated them like children, even down to the point of assessing blame. That is never a good thing.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: