You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kubiak fired after 8 seasons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Texans02


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 1832
Location: TX
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
I don't want starters from late rounds that's my point.

Diles had no place starting in the NFL, highlighted by the fact he couldn't get on another roster consistently.


I'm boggled. So you would be upset if we had gotten Marques Colston in the 7th round? He was selected 1 pick after the Texans drafted David Anderson.
_________________
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Couldn't we have Gallery Furniture "Saves You Money" day vs. Buffalo where everyone is given a stack of cash to throw as Mario exists the tunnel?


Yes please!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mse326


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 18142
Location: mike23md on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
I don't want starters from late rounds that's my point.

Diles had no place starting in the NFL, highlighted by the fact he couldn't get on another roster consistently.


I'm boggled. So you would be upset if we had gotten Marques Colston in the 7th round? He was selected 1 pick after the Texans drafted David Anderson.


There is a difference between saying I want a starter here and being luck enough to get one. Starter meaning legit should be starting guy, like Colston. Not a our team has no one else so we start someone who has no business starting and is barely a legit NFL player, like Diles.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grachuus


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 25286
Location: Thanks for the Sig Deadpulse!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Texans02 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
I don't want starters from late rounds that's my point.

Diles had no place starting in the NFL, highlighted by the fact he couldn't get on another roster consistently.


I'm boggled. So you would be upset if we had gotten Marques Colston in the 7th round? He was selected 1 pick after the Texans drafted David Anderson.


There is a difference between saying I want a starter here and being luck enough to get one. Starter meaning legit should be starting guy, like Colston. Not a our team has no one else so we start someone who has no business starting and is barely a legit NFL player, like Diles.


I get what you're selling there. In 2007 people regard the draft by the Patriots as utterly horrible. At the time of course one of the better rosters in the modern era had been assembled. So what are you going to do there? Oh yeah sure let's keep the sixth rounder over a legitimate player. I don't think the 2007 Patriots draft was even good per say but I'm not firing the coach over having a good roster.
_________________
[quote="Mark Twain"]Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.[/quote]
QBvsDefensiveQuality
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 33914
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
I don't want starters from late rounds that's my point.

Diles had no place starting in the NFL, highlighted by the fact he couldn't get on another roster consistently.


I'm boggled. So you would be upset if we had gotten Marques Colston in the 7th round? He was selected 1 pick after the Texans drafted David Anderson.


I'm boggled beyond belief did you just compare Diles to Colston?!

Lawd help us all.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
houstonX


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 366
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, if Kubiak is still here after this season I will probably shy away from the Texans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texans02


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 1832
Location: TX
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Texans02 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
I don't want starters from late rounds that's my point.

Diles had no place starting in the NFL, highlighted by the fact he couldn't get on another roster consistently.


I'm boggled. So you would be upset if we had gotten Marques Colston in the 7th round? He was selected 1 pick after the Texans drafted David Anderson.


I'm boggled beyond belief did you just compare Diles to Colston?!

Lawd help us all.


Colston was drafted in the 7th. You made a poorly worded argument about not getting starters in the 7th. I pointed out why it sounds dumb. Try and keep up.
_________________
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Couldn't we have Gallery Furniture "Saves You Money" day vs. Buffalo where everyone is given a stack of cash to throw as Mario exists the tunnel?


Yes please!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Imarobot


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 10449
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Texans02 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
I don't want starters from late rounds that's my point.

Diles had no place starting in the NFL, highlighted by the fact he couldn't get on another roster consistently.


I'm boggled. So you would be upset if we had gotten Marques Colston in the 7th round? He was selected 1 pick after the Texans drafted David Anderson.


I'm boggled beyond belief did you just compare Diles to Colston?!

Lawd help us all.


Colston was drafted in the 7th. You made a poorly worded argument about not getting starters in the 7th. I pointed out why it sounds dumb. Try and keep up.


It wasn't poorly worded. You interpreted it poorly. UK is being pretty clear in what he's talking about. i.e. that Texan late round draft picks were not successful just because they made it into the starting team and that the fact that they were starting is more indicative of the Texan's organizations inability to acquire players of a starting caliber at said positions.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 33914
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Texans02 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Texans02 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
I don't want starters from late rounds that's my point.

Diles had no place starting in the NFL, highlighted by the fact he couldn't get on another roster consistently.


I'm boggled. So you would be upset if we had gotten Marques Colston in the 7th round? He was selected 1 pick after the Texans drafted David Anderson.


I'm boggled beyond belief did you just compare Diles to Colston?!

Lawd help us all.


Colston was drafted in the 7th. You made a poorly worded argument about not getting starters in the 7th. I pointed out why it sounds dumb. Try and keep up.


It wasn't poorly worded. You interpreted it poorly. UK is being pretty clear in what he's talking about. i.e. that Texan late round draft picks were not successful just because they made it into the starting team and that the fact that they were starting is more indicative of the Texan's organizations inability to acquire players of a starting caliber at said positions.


It's not that difficult is it?
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texans02


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 1832
Location: TX
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Nevermind. Carry on.
_________________
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Couldn't we have Gallery Furniture "Saves You Money" day vs. Buffalo where everyone is given a stack of cash to throw as Mario exists the tunnel?


Yes please!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 6050
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary since our win against Tennessee to move to 11-1....seems so long ago.

Since then, we are 4-14


Let that sink in.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texans02


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 1832
Location: TX
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, went back and re-read your context UK. I think we are mostly on the same page.

I don't think our depth is as abysmal as it is being made out, but you are right that we shouldn't be pressing backup-level picks into starting roles and celebrating their starter status.
_________________
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Couldn't we have Gallery Furniture "Saves You Money" day vs. Buffalo where everyone is given a stack of cash to throw as Mario exists the tunnel?


Yes please!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 17039
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a thought if we get number 1 pick why not bring in the coach from Louisville?
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 6050
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Here's a thought if we get number 1 pick why not bring in the coach from Louisville?


I actually like Charlie Strong, but I dont know if he's had enough experience as a HC. I'd rather have O'Brien from Penn
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 43756
Location: Htowntakever
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 44s

I expect Gary Kubiak will be fired today as the coach of the Texans.


Not sure if thats his opinion or if he knows something. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 6050
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Quote:
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 44s

I expect Gary Kubiak will be fired today as the coach of the Texans.


Not sure if thats his opinion or if he knows something. Laughing


And the press conference is at 11
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group