Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

National talk about Trestman
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: National talk about Trestman Reply with quote

@RapSheet: Spent 30 minutes listening to a starting QB gush about Marc Trestman's offense. "After 2 games of studying, I knew it was a brilliant hire."

Sal Palantonio was also on ESPN 1000 and said that the biggest joke in the NFL was that Trestman has not been a head coach till now.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaches from the CFL rarely get looks from the NFL. Hardly anyone bats an eye when hiring an elite college coach to the NFL (if pro style, those with gimmicky styles often are). I also don't think Trestman interviewed as well in previous attempts at landing a job, but his coaching tenure in the CFL, from what I read IIRC, is really where he blossomed. He went from the "mad scientist" type individual to being a father figure to players, to building a lot more connections with his players and staff, etc.

Overall, I'm happy he hasn't gotten a HC job until now. Laughing

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember when everyone was concerned about whether he could command the locker room, handle the media and manage NFL players?

The guy is an amazing people person and has done an amazing job to win 6 games with an injury riddled team, terrible defense and a back up QB for a lot of time.

What he has done with this offense in 10 games is mind boggling.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was I sold that Mark Trestman was the right guy? When I heard that Bill Walsh (the greatest coach of my lifetime) called him the best offensive mind he's ever been around. Bill Walsh forgot more about football, than nearly any person living on the planet ever knew. And really when you look into his history and see that in 19 years of experience he never really coached a bad offense, I don't know how you could really doubt his ability.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I was not completely sold on him at first until I read a number of links that were posted on here about him. I loved the extremely high-profile individuals like Walsh, Steve Young, Gannon, etc all giving such high recommendations on him as a coach AND a person. A coach who can earn the respect and admiration of his players can get more out of them, keep a great locker room, and be an attractive facet to free agents as well.

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!
Badger75

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trestman should be fine. To win a SB? Year three.

Resign Cutler. Keep McGown. Rebuild the defense. Cool
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:

Is another person's name just not important enough to spell correctly? I realize his last name is a whopping six letters long, but for the love of god, spell the man's name right! If you don't know how to spell it, Google it and make sure your source is not a moron who cannot spell six-letter words.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

Is another person's name just not important enough to spell correctly? I realize his last name is a whopping six letters long, but for the love of god, spell the man's name right! If you don't know how to spell it, Google it and make sure your source is not a moron who cannot spell six-letter words.

Good thing you didn't overreact at all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

Good thing literacy is optional in Texas. Wink
G08

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

I lol'd

Hybrid. Aggressive. Defense.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

I lol'd

It may have been mildly amusing, but I still think I should hold off on any plans to quit my day job, though. Smile
G08

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: National talk about Trestman Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
@RapSheet: Spent 30 minutes listening to a starting QB gush about Marc Trestman's offense. "After 2 games of studying, I knew it was a brilliant hire."

Sal Palantonio was also on ESPN 1000 and said that the biggest joke in the NFL was that Trestman has not been a head coach till now.

I wonder what QB said that... apparently he was not on the Bears and is a current player.

Roadrunner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Marc Trestman was announced as a candidate I did quite a bit of research. From that point forward, he was the candidate that I was REALLY pulling for to get the job. I was ecstatic when he was hired. Not that there were not other good candidates, as well. One thing I really liked about him over some of the others was his age.

Although he is old measuring him against the age most coaches get their first head coaching job in the league, he is still quite young when you consider the impact he should make. He has plenty left in the tank to make a long term impact on this franchise, assuming his health holds out.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I scoured every inch of the web on the potential candidates during Emery's exhaustive search and fell in love with Trestman. I was really high on Jeffery as well and was ecstatic when he traded up in the second round to get him. Emery has a huge supporter in me as of right now.

CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I initially hated the idea of Trestman and that was purely based off of him coming from the CFL. I figured that's a second class football league, how could a coach from there have any sort of success here?

But I gave it some time, started reading about his stints as OC in the NFL and I slowly, but surely, fell in love with him. I'm happy to have been proven wrong thus far (from my initial reaction, that is).

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: