Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ramssuperbowl99's Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Yeah and he still beat out the 33rd pick for the starting spot 2 years in a row and he wasnt even taken by this FO/coaching staff so what does that tell you?

I can understand if they brought in a FA or draft pick to take his place but in your scenario offseason they havent.
If Austin Pettis is really starting, then our WR core is in trouble. I'm projecting Quick to take another step forward. Austin will certainly start over him. Like I said before, he could beat out Bailey, but the 4th WR doesn't see much time in this offense anyway due to Jared Cook.

I can't believe you're getting so riled up about Austin Pettis.

Oh no, Im not getting worked up I apologize if it came off that way. Im simply saying I dont see him losing his job if we dont bring in anyone else. If there was a time for him to lose his job to someone on the roster currently (Quick) it would have been this year. And I know he isnt flashy or big name, but he is the most reliable and polished WR we have.
At the same time, Pettis has essentially reached his ceiling. Quick is starting to really show flashes. I know we expect WRs to come in and go all Calvin Johnson, but the truth is the NFL schemes take a while (especially when you come from nowhere like Quick did). I think he's starting to show enough that I'm kind of expecting it to all come together, maybe not this season, but with another offseason.

My not mentioning Pettis has much more to do with Quick/Austin/Givens than it does with Pettis. You're right that I probably should have stuck him next to Bailey.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Brodie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pettis is staying on the team without a doubt. He is Bradfords favorite WR and he is gonna need him as he gets comfortable after his ACL injury

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly like our WR's right now and hope we don't spend another high pick on one right now. Wish we could have seen more Austin/Quick with Bradford. I also think I don't want to get rid of Bailey for another rookie, when we don't even know what we have with him.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I honestly like our WR's right now and hope we don't spend another high pick on one right now. Wish we could have seen more Austin/Quick with Bradford. I also think I don't want to get rid of Bailey for another rookie, when we don't even know what we have with him.

Theres only one WR that is in danger of getting cut and thats Quick.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

They're not going to cut Quick. They knew it would take awhile with him before they drafted him.

I'm not sure how I feel about us adding a WR in the first round. If a player the calibre of A.J. Green was available, I'd accept a trade up for him, but that doesn't appear to be there.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

They're not going to cut Quick. They knew it would take awhile with him before they drafted him.

I'm not sure how I feel about us adding a WR in the first round. If a player the calibre of A.J. Green was available, I'd accept a trade up for him, but that doesn't appear to be there.

I didnt say they were, but if there was one of them that was on the hot seat its him.

Im not saying we should draft a WR, but if we end up with Watkins, Lee or Evans I wont be mad one bit.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
tim199009

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the rest of our offensive line below average when PFF ranked our offensive line 6th overall through week 5. They havent released a new one since, but i gurantee you we have gotten better since then. The only one on our line with a negative grade i believe is Scott Wells, but like i said those rankings were since week 5.

What am i missing here? when i watch the offensive line we dont look terrible at all. We have moved the ball against some very stout defenses this year, pass protection is about average, and any big sacks ive seen this year were mostly the result of blown assignments.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops misinterpreted your reply. I reread and understand what you meant, either way im still not a fan of all the early offensive line picks, id rather go mid to late round depth, where we can really find some gems for a good price

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, as others have stated, I would like for the Rams to select a Quarterback at some point in this draft. I'm also fine with us not selecting a Wideout in the draft, I think next year is Quick's year to really break through. People are just way to impatient when it comes To Quick, everyone has said it's going to take three years with Brian, yet because in year two he hasn't had the playing time fans thought he would have, everyone labels him as a bust.

Cunningham over Richardson for RB2.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
How is the rest of our offensive line below average when PFF ranked our offensive line 6th overall through week 5. They havent released a new one since, but i gurantee you we have gotten better since then. The only one on our line with a negative grade i believe is Scott Wells, but like i said those rankings were since week 5.

What am i missing here? when i watch the offensive line we dont look terrible at all. We have moved the ball against some very stout defenses this year, pass protection is about average, and any big sacks ive seen this year were mostly the result of blown assignments.

Williams is a mediocre player and needs to be replaced. Wells is playing better now but is nothing special. Dahl is a good run blocker but a major liability when it comes to blitz pick-up and pass blocking.

IMO, ideally, we'd replace our entire interior. I don't know if that will happen though.

It would be nice if we got Saffold back cheap as imo, he can be a good LG or RG.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: