You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Purely Hypothetical?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Purely Hypothetical? Reply with quote

I am not buying that Peyton loses arm strength in the cold but the wind I believe he has lost his velocity.
Say we lock up home field advantage or our seed the second to last week of the season.
Also say Brock starts the last week and is phenomenal.

At some point in the playoffs if Peyton's passes have no life in them (ravens/patriots) do you turn to Brock who has the stronger arm or go down with the ship. And if you turn to Brock is going back to Peyton possible?

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it, because if it went wrong, Fox would get absolutely crucified by the media for it, and it would probably end the careers of Fox and Manning

tl;dr it isn't gonna happen

Fify.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I don't see it, because if it went wrong, Fox would get absolutely crucified by the media for it, and it would probably end the careers of Fox and Manning

tl;dr it isn't gonna happen

So you are saying Fox cares about the media more than winning? I think it would be a double edge sword

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Purely Hypothetical? Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
I am not buying that Peyton loses arm strength in the cold but the wind I believe he has lost his velocity.
Say we lock up home field advantage or our seed the second to last week of the season.

At some point in the playoffs if Peyton's passes have no life in them (ravens/patriots) do you turn to Brock who has the stronger arm or go down with the ship. And if you turn to Brock is going back to Peyton possible?

Your intellect is dizzying, but that's a darn good strategy...better yet, we could sign Tebow to give us that extra edge this team needs to win in the playoffs! Wink
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Purely Hypothetical? Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:

Your intellect is dizzying, but that's a darn good strategy...better yet, we could sign Tebow to give us that extra edge this team needs to win in the playoffs! Wink

True I don't even know what sarcasm and insults are.

Big Palooka wrote:
Okta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big fan of Brock. Really am but throwing him into the playoffs with a game of experience and expecting him to replace Peyton Manning is a recipe for disaster.

This is Peytons team until the day he retires. He gives us the best chance to win. Don't forget that the defense also allowed TDs against the patriots in 5 straight drives.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okta wrote:
I am a big fan of Brock. Really am but throwing him into the playoffs with a game of experience and expecting him to replace Peyton Manning is a recipe for disaster.

This is Peytons team until the day he retires. He gives us the best chance to win. Don't forget that the defense also allowed TDs against the patriots in 5 straight drives.

If he has a dead arm again I disagree. I'm objective I respect and love Peyton Manning but I want to see us win too. It would be closer than people make it seem.

Big Palooka wrote:

Last edited by thebestever6 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
The.underdog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
Okta wrote:

If he has a dead a again I disagree. I'm objective I respect and love Peyton Manning but I want to see us win too. It would be closer than people make it seem.

You can never bench the probable MVP to put in the 2nd year guy(who in your scenario would have started 1 NFL game). Not only that Brock still has a ways to go. When watching him play a bit this year it was apparent his decision making wasnt great and he was holding on to the ball to long.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way we're going to substitute Brock for Peyton in any circumstance. It's entirely unfeasible. And it would be monumentally stupid.

However, as a hypothetical, if the world wasn't what it was, just for the sake for argument reasons, I can see your point thebestever6.

Brock's physical skills, at this point in their respective careers, surpass Peyton's by several orders of magnitude. Brock has a cannon for an arm, Peyton has a noodle, Brock can move around in the pocket, Peyton can only sort of move around in the pocket, Brock can make plays with his legs, Peyton cannot.

But what Peyton brings in terms of leadership, experience, savvy and football intelligence, he is so far and away better than Brock that it's not even funny. It's night and day. It's black and white. Thus a change is not going to be made in under any circumstance sans an injury to Peyton.

The Broncos are going to go as far as they can with Peyton Manning, for better or for worse, come hell or high water. Period.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good question. Obviously it won't happen but the offense we run with Brock will be far more open than the one we run now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not even going to comment on this...sh*&^t! I guess I just did.
Okta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
Okta wrote:

If he has a dead arm again I disagree. I'm objective I respect and love Peyton Manning but I want to see us win too. It would be closer than people make it seem.

A "dead arm" Peyton Manning is still better than 90% of the starting QBs in the league. He doesn't need to throw it far because we have the personnel, especially now with the established running game, to overcome it. Not to mention his incredible knowledge, timing and accuracy.

I can't believe this is a thread.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They definitely would never do this, but as Dan said, Brock does have some qualities far preferable to Peyton, especially mobility wise.

If Peyton's arm continues to be so poor, and his body takes the hits he's been taking, I truly don't see him coming back next year. You can see he's wearing down.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
If Peyton's arm continues to be so poor, and his body takes the hits he's been taking, I truly don't see him coming back next year. You can see he's wearing down.

I really don't think so. He is wearing down yes, no argument there, but I don't see him retiring after this year. I think even if we win it all, Peyton comes back in 2014. I've had a gut feeling ever since he was introduced that this was a 3-year proposition for both Peyton and the Broncos; I think that's what Elway, Ellis, Bowlen and the coaching staff expect as well.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: