Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update pg. 2: USC Job Filled... Not by JDR
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Update pg. 2: USC Job Filled... Not by JDR Reply with quote

Mike Klis wrote:
Jack Del Rio ... interviewed for the USC head coaching position during the team's bye week on Nov. 1, the Broncos confirmed.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24539029/del-rio-interviewed-usc-head-coaching-job-during

Whoa, interesting news. No surprise that the Broncos PR team would let this come out today, game day, when the media and fan base are distracted by a big game.

Nonetheless, it's interesting. The good news is that JDR will be properly motivated to do a good job if he wants to take the head job at USC.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should USC win out and get 11 wins this season I think they keep Oregeron. Don't have a problem with him interviewing, he seems to be very focused on doing his job and the defense has gotten much better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually per Jay Glazer:

http://m.tmi.me/1ckAfK

Quote:
USC Pat Hayden flew to Denver two weeks ago and interviewed Jack Del Rio for their head coaching job. Interview was ironically day b4 John Fox had his incident

I personally dont think he has a shot to get the job. He doesnt have the recruiting background that is needed in college football these days.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Quote:
USC Pat Hayden flew to Denver two weeks ago and interviewed Jack Del Rio for their head coaching job. Interview was ironically day b4 John Fox had his incident

I personally dont think he has a shot to get the job. He doesnt have the recruiting background that is needed in college football these days.

At the same time it depends hugely on how successful Denver is this season. If we win a superbowl then I could easily see Del Rio getting the job. A coach who has been in the NFL as long as Del Rio has who just won a ring as the Assistant Head coach/DC won't have too much trouble getting guys to USC.

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Quote:

At the same time it depends hugely on how successful Denver is this season. If we win a superbowl then I could easily see Del Rio getting the job. A coach who has been in the NFL as long as Del Rio has who just won a ring as the Assistant Head coach/DC won't have too much trouble getting guys to USC.
USC won't wait that long to sign a coach. When they do it'll be before any BCS bowl games.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Mile High wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Quote:

USC won't wait that long to sign a coach. When they do it'll be before any BCS bowl games.

What 07 said...

I dont know if you follow college football much but THE BIGGEST time for college football coaches is from December 27th to Signing day, on February 5th. During that time, coaches are recruiting hard. Theres no way you can have that much instability, in a national program, during that time.

Most college programs (even the small ones) are hiring coaches by the first week of december.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think JDR has to be a good recruiter, so long as USC pays the recruits somehow.
MeloTuloMarsh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Should USC win out and get 11 wins this season I think they keep Oregeron. Don't have a problem with him interviewing, he seems to be very focused on doing his job and the defense has gotten much better.

Won't happen because CU is totally going to win Saturday... Laughing
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeloTuloMarsh wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Won't happen because CU is totally going to win Saturday... Laughing

2 more wins and bowl game baaaaby Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classy move by USC AD Pat Haden to ask permission to interview. I can't believe I just typed that.

I doubt he takes it honestly. Seems like he'll be a candidate at the pro level before he takes the college gig, especially with Denver vying for a SB

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

If youre a USC fan and saw what Orgeron did at Ole Miss, you definitely dont want him to be the HC. He couldnt recruit. If youre in Cali, you need a guy to recruit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

If youre a USC fan and saw what Orgeron did at Ole Miss, you definitely dont want him to be the HC. He couldnt recruit. If youre in Cali, you need a guy to recruit.
I think he'd be an awful choice, but USC has given terrible coaches unjustified chances in the past.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Lol Orgeron sucks. I hope they make him HC, would be hilarious if nothing else.

Thanks, Tzimisce
M-High Marauder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether it's USC or an NFL team, unless the team implodes, I really don't think that Del Rio will be the D-Coordinator after this year.

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If JDR leaves and Minny give Leslie Fraizer his jotters then I wouldn't mind bringing him in as DC

Fify.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: