Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EagleDeegle's mock city- 1.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped reading at Demarcus Ware - no way, no how.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I stopped reading at Demarcus Ware - no way, no how.

The grantland article that AZ referenced mentions that cutting Ware is a very real possibility. And almost insinuates that it's the right thing to do.

Cows are 31 mil over the cap...

They have Dez Bryant and Tyron Smith set to be 2015 free agents (both will be expensive and cows will have a near impossible task of locking both up with Ware on the roster)

All the other big contracts would leave too much dead money to cut

Ware is not worth 16 mil at 32, and in a 4-3 isn't the elite pass rusher he once was

Cows need to be able to sign draft picks as well.

Everyone is quick to say that it's implausible... but, it really isn't
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll restructure big time before they'll let Ware go.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-do it without Ware or ask if there are any other issues other than Ware.
You don't have any takers on that one, myself included.

Actually, I kind of like the draft outside of Thomas.

But, I'm not a big fan of your FA.
I am OK with Stevie Brown.

Keep an eye on Tarell Brown and the "lost" money in his contract.
The 49'ers are going to have to make it up to him if they want him back.
That puts them behind the 8-ball.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Quote:
How does Dallas get under the cap? They are going to be over by 20+. Ware is the only logical choice to go... Doesn't fit a 4-3 and will cost a fortune. EVERY other high-priced contract on that team has too much dead money to cut.

Try a google search. Google dallas cowboys cap grantland, and your question will be answered.

Oh...you meant he article that says this:

Quote:
The bigger issue, as Fitzgerald notes, is what to do with Ware, who is currently in the fifth season of what amounts to a nine-year deal with the team. For Ware, both professionally and contractually, the future is now. Ware has base salaries of $12 million or more in each of the four years remaining on his deal, with cap holds ranging between $14 million and $17 million; it would be exceedingly difficult to push any more money from his deal into the future. Furthermore, if the Cowboys decided to move on from Ware, they would actually realize the meaningful cap savings that they would need to lock up Smith and/or Bryant to long-term deals. If they don't touch Ware's contract, they would save $7.4 million by releasing him before 2014 or, more likely, $12.1 million by releasing him before 2015. That seems like anathema considering how well Ware has played during his time in Dallas, but the Cowboys just can't afford to keep him and Romo while giving big contracts to Bryant and Smith, while the contracts to Lee and Carr will be too onerous to move. Dallas could try to give Ware a new contract, but it seems unlikely Ware would take a deal that would massively slice his pay, and at 31, it would be near-suicidal to give Ware another top-caliber deal that stretched his pay across six or seven years. Barring a new deal, it seems plausible the Cowboys would expect to move on from Ware after the 2014 season. If you start seeing the negative stories about Ware trickling into the Dallas media over the next few months, you'll know what Dallas is planning to do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Quote:
How does Dallas get under the cap? They are going to be over by 20+. Ware is the only logical choice to go... Doesn't fit a 4-3 and will cost a fortune. EVERY other high-priced contract on that team has too much dead money to cut.

Try a google search. Google dallas cowboys cap grantland, and your question will be answered.

Oh...you meant he article that says this:

Quote:
The bigger issue, as Fitzgerald notes, is what to do with Ware, who is currently in the fifth season of what amounts to a nine-year deal with the team. For Ware, both professionally and contractually, the future is now. Ware has base salaries of $12 million or more in each of the four years remaining on his deal, with cap holds ranging between $14 million and $17 million; it would be exceedingly difficult to push any more money from his deal into the future. Furthermore, if the Cowboys decided to move on from Ware, they would actually realize the meaningful cap savings that they would need to lock up Smith and/or Bryant to long-term deals. If they don't touch Ware's contract, they would save $7.4 million by releasing him before 2014 or, more likely, $12.1 million by releasing him before 2015. That seems like anathema considering how well Ware has played during his time in Dallas, but the Cowboys just can't afford to keep him and Romo while giving big contracts to Bryant and Smith, while the contracts to Lee and Carr will be too onerous to move. Dallas could try to give Ware a new contract, but it seems unlikely Ware would take a deal that would massively slice his pay, and at 31, it would be near-suicidal to give Ware another top-caliber deal that stretched his pay across six or seven years. Barring a new deal, it seems plausible the Cowboys would expect to move on from Ware after the 2014 season. If you start seeing the negative stories about Ware trickling into the Dallas media over the next few months, you'll know what Dallas is planning to do.

If you really think they cut Ware man, go on believing. The plan he specifically laid out did not include cutting Ware, but you left that part out, no?

Even if they did cut Ware I would want nothing to do with him. So the whole topic is 100% irrelevant.

disaacs wrote:
The Eagles are going to implode. Book it.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i'm going to move past the Ware move that everyone can't seem to get over. While I think its improbable its plausable enough.

1) I like turning over the secondary, just not the route you did it. Wolff and Allen have been servicable but not playmakers. While I would like to add a Byrd or Ward I'm not sure Malcom Jenkins is the answer, even if he is the Saints would probably retain him. Stevie Brown would be a decent signing.

I wish we made a bigger impact to the corners, while WT3 is a great slot guy we need an addition to our outside guys as Boykin has not been the problem in our secondary. I don't know a ton about Desir or Berhe but a 4th and 6th is probably not enough of an impact as they would be more developmental guys.

2) I don't mind bringing in Alexander, his size and ability are great, the only question is if he can stay on the field.

3) Love Van Noy that late. I think our biggest need is to add to our pass rush, Van Noy late in the first fits the bill, regardless of the trade scenarios.

4) I don't think the SF trade would ever happen. Thats like saying Belichick is going to trade a future first to move up in this years draft. I'm not saying it would never happen but the value is just too far off IMO. Which leads to:

5) I hate De'Anthony Thomas and Paul Richardon as back to back 2nd rounders on a team that already has DeSean. Chip is known to like bigger WRs because blocking is a big part of his WRs skillset. I think he's stuck with DeSean but I think if given the choice he never would have drafted him. I think Thomas is fine as a "weapon" mostly playing as a KR/PR and seeing most of his time in the backfield rather than out wide. That said I think the 2nd player needs much more size.

6) Skov is the first forum love child of the 2014 draft (which means we probably won't get him and he will probably be drafted ahead of where most mocks have him). I haven't gotten sick of reading about him yet so I love drafting him to learn behing and eventually take over from Ryans.

7) Price is blah and taking a 3rd middle round QB in 3 years is redundant to me, roll with Barkley and/or sign a vet cheap. No need to continue to waste resources at QB.

Overall the mock looks very pretty and I like the positions you were targeting. While I understand the "PAC 12 Connection" I don't think it will be as heavily prevalent as it was in this mock.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
If you really think they cut Ware man, go on believing. The plan he specifically laid out did not include cutting Ware, but you left that part out, no?

The specific plan laid out was as follows:
1. Restructure Romo, Lee, Carr and Witten
2. Cut Doug Free
3. Release Austin after June 1st

Those things would get them under the cap but he also states that it would not include any other moves including keeping Anthony Spencer (currently on the franchise tag), resigning Jason Hatcher, or extending Bryant and Smith who are about to turn FAs. After he says this he then goes into the above segment about Ware basically insinuating that if they got rid of Ware they would have the flexability for the moves I mentioned.

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Even if they did cut Ware I would want nothing to do with him. So the whole topic is 100% irrelevant.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1bbxzoG5Ek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the pick of Pierre Desir...and that's it.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:

Erroneous, huh? It seems like you are the only person other then Deegle that has backed the move thus far. You are telling me you would want to sign a OLB who is on the wrong side of 30, has already shown that he is on the decline, and would also command top dollar on the FA market???? No thanks. Give me a young pass rusher in the first three rounds and keep Trent Cole, we will be much better off.

disaacs wrote:
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

Erroneous, huh? It seems like you are the only person other then Deegle that has backed the move thus far. You are telling me you would want to sign a OLB who is on the wrong side of 30, has already shown that he is on the decline, and would also command top dollar on the FA market???? No thanks. Give me a young pass rusher in the first three rounds and keep Trent Cole, we will be much better off.

The Youtube clip was a joke because you said teh argument was irrelevant, lighten up a bit Laughing

Most people aren't backing the move because they don't think its possible. I will also say that most people are not familiar with how bad the Cowboys Cap situation is. The move is plausable and adding Ware and Van Noy in the same offseason (as well as additions to the secondary) would put our defense over the top. If we made a move like this we would be legitimate contenders next season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

The Youtube clip was a joke because you said teh argument was irrelevant, lighten up a bit Laughing

Most people aren't backing the move because they don't think its possible. I will also say that most people are not familiar with how bad the Cowboys Cap situation is. The move is plausable and adding Ware and Van Noy in the same offseason (as well as additions to the secondary) would put our defense over the top. If we made a move like this we would be legitimate contenders next season.

All adding Ware would do is strap us for cash next season and beyond. He is past his prime, and he has been banged up all year. Jerry isn't smart enough to cut Ware, and even if he was he wouldn't be worth what he would be paid. I like Van Noy, but to me Trent Cole and Ware are basically a push at this point. Hopefully Howie is smart enough to keep adding young talent and not try a move like that.

disaacs wrote:
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

All adding Ware would do is strap us for cash next season and beyond. He is past his prime, and he has been banged up all year. Jerry isn't smart enough to cut Ware, and even if he was he wouldn't be worth what he would be paid. I like Van Noy, but to me Trent Cole and Ware are basically a push at this point. Hopefully Howie is smart enough to keep adding young talent and not try a move like that.

haha - what?!? Cole vs. Ware in a 3-4 is not anywhere near a push.

Restructuring ALL of the top contracts (Romo, Ware, Witten, Carr), plus cutting Doug Free, plus cutting Austin -- all these moves only get them to the cap limit. I'm glad that the article mentioned Tyron Smith and Dez Bryant's contracts and how keeping Ware limits what the Cows can offer them. The article doesn't account for promising LB Bruce Carter, RB Demarco Murray, DE George Selvie (starter), DT Nick Hayden (starter), WR Cole Beasley --- who are all free agents in 2015..... plus signing rookies this year.

I will be the first to come on these boards and say I was wrong if it doesn't happen. But I think it absolutely will. Dallas is in such a bad spot with their cap and they have restructured Demarcus Ware's contract the last 3 years. To the point where they promised a 2015 voidable year. So, they cannot push anymore money into the future with him.

Ware might be 31 (32 in July next year). But I wouldn't say he's a declining talent. He's just not a great fit in a 4-3.... just like Trent Cole in a 3-4. In 2012 (his last year in a 3-4), Ware finished 4th in the NFL in sacks and tied for 2nd in FF's.
phieagles012

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:
Then please let me know how Dallas gets under the cap?

If we had cap trouble would we cut LeSean McCoy? Why the hell would Dallas cut one of the NFL's elite players. Doesn't happen. They'll cut other bad contracts (Spencer, Austin, Free) and restructure some others. They'll do a bunch of stuff but long story short, they're not cutting DeMarcus Ware.

Nahhh look at a team like the Steelers
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
I liked the pick of Pierre Desir...and that's it.

I live like 20 minutes from Lindenwood and I have some friends that go there and they rave about Desir. He is going to be a stud at the next level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: