Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens at Bears GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
He hasn't thrown a pick in 101 attempts...

Didn't Cutler not throw a pick in 150 attempts at one point this season? I think we're seeing the impact of a coaching staff that doesn't suck.

yes cutler did have a hot streak going for a while as well as far as not throwing an int goes....

Mccown has played awesome this year, no doubt about it, but I don't think he compares to rich gannon. the only way he compares to gannon is that they both had a lot of offensive weapons to work with (Jerry Porter, the GOAT Jerry Rice, Tim Brown). Mccown shouldn't be started over a healthy Jay Cutler.

what I'm saying is marshall, Jeffery, marty b, and forte coupled with this great offesnvie line has allowed mccown to perform at a high level. not taking anything away from mccown, but this offense as a whole is pretty good and all mccown has to do to be successful is manage the game. Even this last game our offense only managed one touchdown. they are much better with cutler in there.

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Cutler will be out for the Rams game, he is missing a ton of games now and the sad thing is I have more confidence in McCown than Cutler right now.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. Mccown has been solid in his role as the backup, no doubt about it, but to say he is the better choice than a healthy cutler would be asinine. Cutler has done well when healthy this year

Expect the killer INTs which is mostly what I'm referring to.

aside from the first lions game where cutler threw 3 of his 8 ints this season has he had game changing killer interceptions? In the games the bears lost (excluding the first lions game) cutler's play was good enough to win...the defense just hasn't been up to par this season.

How about the last lions game where he threw a goal line INT? You wouldn't consider that a back breaking int?

That wasn't due to a poor throw though, that was simply Suh getting a hand up and making a play. That could have happened to anyone, and there is no reason to think McCown would have avoided that play.

Most tribune reporters blamed that pick on cutler not bad luck
Don't really care what the Tribune reporters were saying, watch the tape, Marty B is wide open in the back of the endzone, that's where Jay was going, for some reason the trib guys thought Jay was going to Earl on the quick out on that play (he wasn't).

I don't think either of us can confirm with the view we saw exactly if that window was open or not.

Overall either Jay is extremely unlucky or he is a INT machine. I believe Rodgers has only thrown 1 pick in the redzone in his entire career.

It is luck or does he just take care of the ball?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to the Jay Cutler Show, they're talking about a pic of McCown, Cutler, and Cavanaugh in the locker room during the break from the Sun Times. Anyone have a link to this?
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
Listening to the Jay Cutler Show, they're talking about a pic of McCown, Cutler, and Cavanaugh in the locker room during the break from the Sun Times. Anyone have a link to this?

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Off-the-field-severe-weather/405e66a0-54bc-4a5a-9f47-70588ab89a40#9e17cfb2-780f-4b86-abc3-95dbe7ab447d

Maybe this one?
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
raq11 wrote:

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Off-the-field-severe-weather/405e66a0-54bc-4a5a-9f47-70588ab89a40#9e17cfb2-780f-4b86-abc3-95dbe7ab447d

Maybe this one?

Lol then there's Palmer on the outside looking in. Looks like he's got a dip in, too.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
raq11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
raq11 wrote:

Maybe this one?

who's better than you?! thanks, didn't even think to look on the official site.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Cutler will be out for the Rams game, he is missing a ton of games now and the sad thing is I have more confidence in McCown than Cutler right now.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. Mccown has been solid in his role as the backup, no doubt about it, but to say he is the better choice than a healthy cutler would be asinine. Cutler has done well when healthy this year

aside from the first lions game where cutler threw 3 of his 8 ints this season has he had game changing killer interceptions? In the games the bears lost (excluding the first lions game) cutler's play was good enough to win...the defense just hasn't been up to par this season.

How about the last lions game where he threw a goal line INT? You wouldn't consider that a back breaking int?

That wasn't due to a poor throw though, that was simply Suh getting a hand up and making a play. That could have happened to anyone, and there is no reason to think McCown would have avoided that play.

Don't really care what the Tribune reporters were saying, watch the tape, Marty B is wide open in the back of the endzone, that's where Jay was going, for some reason the trib guys thought Jay was going to Earl on the quick out on that play (he wasn't).

I don't think either of us can confirm with the view we saw exactly if that window was open or not.

Overall either Jay is extremely unlucky or he is a INT machine. I believe Rodgers has only thrown 1 pick in the redzone in his entire career.

Rodgers has thrown 3 INTs in the red zone. 125 TDs to 3 INTs (likely better as the article is from September). Unbelievable numbers. One of them was from Jared Allen jumping up on a screen, which this reporter said wasn't Rodger's fault. That's why I don't care much about if a reporter places blame on one or another. It makes no sense to let Jay have the blame on a fluke play while giving Rodgers a pass, when Suh tipped it up for another to make the INT while Allen was able to make the play himself (therefor he was able to read it better and had time to make the play).

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/09/21/aaron-rodgers-mind-blowingly-good-red-zone/

As for the lucky, unlucky, I think there is a blend of there is a blend of factors going into it. Rodgers is clearly a better QB, using him or Peyton against Jay isn't really fair, just as we aren't able to compare them to McCown. They're on MUCH higher levels than any Bears QB we've had. Also Jay has been in a number of systems while Rodgers has had continuity, as had his receivers (as they have learned the same system for years) while the Bears had no continuity or talent until getting Marshal and Jeffery last year, then Bennett this year. Then look at the pass blocking, the Packers have had better pass blocking than the Bears for years, so you just look at who stacked up better.

QB talent- GB (unless strictly comparing back ups)
WR/TE talent- GB (until this year)
Pass blocking- GB (until this year)
Playcalling- GB (until this year)

Jay never could replicate Rodger's numbers, and I doubt any QB we get will, even with the Trest. Those numbers are just freakish.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

This isn't 2010 anymore, Jay doesn't really throw redzone INTs like he did in 2009 and 2010. He's thrown 3 I believe since 2010. Which, no Rodgers has thrown 3 in his entire career, but that's unheard of. Lets compare apples to apples shall we?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Nads786

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

This isn't 2010 anymore, Jay doesn't really throw redzone INTs like he did in 2009 and 2010. He's thrown 3 I believe since 2010. Which, no Rodgers has thrown 3 in his entire career, but that's unheard of. Lets compare apples to apples shall we?

Sure so lets talk about the int he threw in the Washington game right before he got injured, is that also a misfortune?

Say what you will but he's a turnover machine, 8 ints already and that doesn't even account for the fumbles that have turned into touchdowns.

His biggest weakness continues to be turning it over.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

Sure so lets talk about the int he threw in the Washington game right before he got injured, is that also a misfortune?

Say what you will but he's a turnover machine, 8 ints already and that doesn't even account for the fumbles that have turned into touchdowns.

so far this this year cutler had 11 turnovers (8 ints and 3 fumbles). He had 265 passes and 11 other dropbacks that resulted in sacks (276 oppurtunites to turn it over). So that's 0.04% of his plays he turned it over this year.

Comparably, in 2010, he had 432 passes and 52 other dropbacks that resulted in sacks (484 oppurtunites to turn it over) and had 16 ints and 6 fumbles lost. so that's 0.05% of his plays he turned it over that year. And the season before that he had 26 ints and 1 fumble lost...

but this year showed that he was improving. Even in 2010 he improved from 2009 as far as ball security went. Does he throw interceptions? yes. Lots of quarterbacks do, lots of SUPERBOWL CHAMPION quarterbacks throw interceptions that can cost their team the game. The difference is that those champion quarterbacks have a pretty good team around them to bail them out most of the time if need be. Cutler can still get a ring for Chicago. Wanting to start mccown over a healthy cutler is selling this team short.

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
ForteOz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

so far this this year cutler had 11 turnovers (8 ints and 3 fumbles). He had 265 passes and 11 other dropbacks that resulted in sacks (276 oppurtunites to turn it over). So that's 0.04% of his plays he turned it over this year.

Comparably, in 2010, he had 432 passes and 52 other dropbacks that resulted in sacks (484 oppurtunites to turn it over) and had 16 ints and 6 fumbles lost. so that's 0.05% of his plays he turned it over that year. And the season before that he had 26 ints and 1 fumble lost...

but this year showed that he was improving. Even in 2010 he improved from 2009 as far as ball security went. Does he throw interceptions? yes. Lots of quarterbacks do, lots of SUPERBOWL CHAMPION quarterbacks throw interceptions that can cost their team the game. The difference is that those champion quarterbacks have a pretty good team around them to bail them out most of the time if need be. Cutler can still get a ring for Chicago. Wanting to start mccown over a healthy cutler is selling this team short.

The point about Cutler improving in year one of this new regime is one I feel shouldn't be overlooked. He's an 'old dog' by NFL standards, and he's still learning new tricks.

I'm starting to think as long as Rodgers is in this division, any QB we have is not going to be good enough for our fans.
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

Nice stat comparison, I guess we should almost note the variability of fault for fumbling, its not always a QBs fault, ie ball security vs not seeing a defender.

Aside from that yes superbowl winning QBs throw picks but they also throw TDs in bunches.

Lets compare Cutler to his real equivalents Flacco and Eli Manning. All three QBs have bouts of throwing INTs and are generally hot and cold, but I have yet to see Cutler get on a true hot streak.

Both Eli and Flacco caught fire from the end of the season into the playoffs for 5-6 games, has there been a 5-6 game stretch so far where Cutler has just dominated? Not yet, but to be fair he's been injured this year.

Perhaps he could of caught fire this year if he was able to play games we don't know but as of right now I see a QB who has the downsides of Flacco and Eli but hasn't gotten hot in any significant stretch of games.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Via Biggs...

Quote:
Landon Cohen gets start at DT for #Bears and that allows Corey Wootton to move back to LDE for the start. Cheta Ozougwu in mix too.

I hope they leave him there for the rest of the season so we can find out if he is worth resigning for next season.
That isn't even a question.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Great they deserve to have to settle for a field goal here, you had 1st and goal and this oline and you do 3 passes in a row...just don't understand

So far Trestmans biggest weakness has been goal line playcalling...
He needs to run the ball even if Jeffrey carries it.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
These penalties are ridiculous.

Does Baltimore have more than one? Only one I recall is the one defensive holding they had in our goal to go situation.
Yanda got away with murder. After making a Dlineman jump offside with unpenalized movement, I started watching him. He moved virtually every other time with no penalty. Since I had not started to watch him until the second half I bet he got away with moving AT LEAST five times.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: