Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens at Bears GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConVict90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I thought he missed it, GO BEARS!!!

I'm still not sure whether that OT kick was a make or a miss...but I'll take it!

The refs probably just wanted to get the heck out of Soldier Field before they got swooped away
TD: 7
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK about anyone else, but I think the DE play was by far the best area of our defense. Bass made the INT, they held outside coverage, added pressure, and Pep played as dominant as he has ever played as a Bear. This is the second game (GB the other) where I saw the DEs step up and be the best players on the field for us on the defense.

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!
ForteOz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I thought he missed it, GO BEARS!!!

I'm still not sure whether that OT kick was a make or a miss...but I'll take it!

The refs probably just wanted to get the heck out of Soldier Field before they got swooped away

That is exactly what I figured.

Ehh, it's cold, and I'm tired...close enough!
Nads786

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler will be out for the Rams game, he is missing a ton of games now and the sad thing is I have more confidence in McCown than Cutler right now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Cutler will be out for the Rams game, he is missing a ton of games now and the sad thing is I have more confidence in McCown than Cutler right now.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. Mccown has been solid in his role as the backup, no doubt about it, but to say he is the better choice than a healthy cutler would be asinine. Cutler has done well when healthy this year

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Nads786

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. Mccown has been solid in his role as the backup, no doubt about it, but to say he is the better choice than a healthy cutler would be asinine. Cutler has done well when healthy this year

Expect the killer INTs which is mostly what I'm referring to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

aside from the first lions game where cutler threw 3 of his 8 ints this season has he had game changing killer interceptions? In the games the bears lost (excluding the first lions game) cutler's play was good enough to win...the defense just hasn't been up to par this season.

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Nads786

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

aside from the first lions game where cutler threw 3 of his 8 ints this season has he had game changing killer interceptions? In the games the bears lost (excluding the first lions game) cutler's play was good enough to win...the defense just hasn't been up to par this season.

How about the last lions game where he threw a goal line INT? You wouldn't consider that a back breaking int?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

How about the last lions game where he threw a goal line INT? You wouldn't consider that a back breaking int?

That wasn't due to a poor throw though, that was simply Suh getting a hand up and making a play. That could have happened to anyone, and there is no reason to think McCown would have avoided that play.

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

I don't really know how asinine it is. Through 10+ quarters, McCown has put up a rating of 100 with a QBR of 81. He hasn't thrown a pick in 101 attempts, and it hasn't been like he's been dinking and dunking either, averaging over 7 yards per attempt.

If I were so inclined, I could draw a comparison to Rich Gannon, who was a journeyman QB until his 30's when he caught on with the Raiders and won an MVP at the age of 37...coincidentally, Marc Trestman was involved at a QB coach and OC during much of that as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that yeah, Jay has been much better this year than he has been in his entire Chicago career. However, he's got more weapons and a better line than at any point in his Chicago career too. McCown is playing just as well if not better. We can keep waiting for McCown to fall back to earth but given what we've seen so far I wouldn't say that the argument for McCown being as well-suited for this system as Jay is "asinine".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

That wasn't due to a poor throw though, that was simply Suh getting a hand up and making a play. That could have happened to anyone, and there is no reason to think McCown would have avoided that play.
No it wasnt. That was Jay forcing the ball to his 1st read despite it not being there. If Suh didnt deflect it, it may have been a pick 6 since the LB was right there even if it wasnt deflected.
Nads786

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

Most tribune reporters blamed that pick on cutler not bad luck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
He hasn't thrown a pick in 101 attempts...

Didn't Cutler not throw a pick in 150 attempts at one point this season? I think we're seeing the impact of a coaching staff that doesn't suck.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

Most tribune reporters blamed that pick on cutler not bad luck
Don't really care what the Tribune reporters were saying, watch the tape, Marty B is wide open in the back of the endzone, that's where Jay was going, for some reason the trib guys thought Jay was going to Earl on the quick out on that play (he wasn't).

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Don't really care what the Tribune reporters were saying, watch the tape, Marty B is wide open in the back of the endzone, that's where Jay was going, for some reason the trib guys thought Jay was going to Earl on the quick out on that play (he wasn't).

As a matter of principle I hate doing this - but I've got to agree with Superman on this one.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: