Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens at Bears GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proud of the boys after that win. Really tough conditions and points were always going to be hard to come by after the rain damaging the field over the delay, making it even harder for us already being 10-0 down.

The defense is obviously still struggling but in the three games since the bye we have kept the Packers, Lions and Ravens to 20, 21 and 20 points respectively. If we can continue to do that then you have to be confident in our offense putting up 20+ and getting the win.

So happy Bostic got the pick, it was a great play and he seemed to really enjoy himself today, had some nice stops and a couple more big hits after the INT. D-line again looked a bit better than it had done before the bye, three sacks, a forced fumble and a pick six(!) but obviously still struggling in the run game and hopefully Paea isn't out for too long.

Offense did really well considering the conditions, the delay may have in fact helped them as we got off to a slow start. McCown has yet to throw a pick this season, another methodical performance and coming up with the big play when needed with the pass to Martellus in OT. Also, just thank God Matt Forte exists.

I think the amount of penalties we had today will be an anomaly. That's not who we have been this season and Trestman stresses the importance of committing as fewer penalties as possible, I imagine this will be something they concentrate on in practice this week and it'll be back to normal next week.

Great win. Strange game. 6-4. Let's do this.
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the early long run by Rice. Are we blaming the rain on Conte too? Why was everyone blaming that on him?
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
Meanwhile in the Packers forum..
GoPackGo wrote:
Seriously. There is no way humanly possible for this team to have worse luck this year. Absolutely no way. Every injury, every flag, every bounce of the ball ever single game this year has gone the other way.

Laughing Rolling Eyes

Love an objective viewpoint... lol

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I just watched the early long run by Rice. Are we blaming the rain on Conte too? Why was everyone blaming that on him?

Long runs are on the safeties.

Was it blocked to 15 yards, yes.

Is it the safeties job to not allow it to get to 50, yes.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Seriously? He was playing nickel CB on the opposite side of the field after the nickel blitzed.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugly win is still a win. Our offense was good enough. Forte, Marshall and Jeffery were all good. Our D needs Lovie back. Lets face it, when Lovie coached here, our D was top 10 most years. I know we've been hit with the injury bug, but our D hasnt stopped anyone all year. At least we're seeing a little more pass rush, but with Lovie we'd have more sacks by our d-line, and our D in general would be better. Its good to see our offense play as good as they have been, and McCown has played well in his time as well. But if our D continues to play as poorly as it has, we'd be lucky to make the playoffs.
Athelite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been hard on this team. I think they are a resilient bunch though, and I think we struck gold with Trestman. I previously said I would eat my shoe if this team went 10-6. Looks like I'll be eating some crow....and my shoe Confused

^Takeonme^
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Seriously? He was playing nickel CB on the opposite side of the field after the nickel blitzed.

Yeah that one was on Major Wright, not Conte. Rich Campbell tweeted a picture of it during the delay, Wright ran the wrong way guessing where Rice would go and guessed wrong.
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I agree Conte is getting way too much heat right now…the very best safeties in the NFL would struggle to tackle Ray Rice at a full head of steam after he has been untouched for the first 15 yards of a run…the same goes for some of the LB play where the first time they are even getting a shot at the runner is 8 yards down the field because the Dline is being blown off the ball…we are badly hurting inside but it’s becoming clear to me that outside of Melton we don’t have any starting talent at DT…Paea yet again had to leave the game injured yesterday and when he was in the game he was being pushed around with easy…I don’t totally blame him because he just doesn’t have the size to play NT in the NFL…he is a rotational UT but we need to find some bigger more physical players inside.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I agree Conte is getting way too much heat right now…the very best safeties in the NFL would struggle to tackle Ray Rice at a full head of steam after he has been untouched for the first 15 yards of a run…the same goes for some of the LB play where the first time they are even getting a shot at the runner is 8 yards down the field because the Dline is being blown off the ball…we are badly hurting inside but it’s becoming clear to me that outside of Melton we don’t have any starting talent at DT…Paea yet again had to leave the game injured yesterday and when he was in the game he was being pushed around with easy…I don’t totally blame him because he just doesn’t have the size to play NT in the NFL…he is a rotational UT but we need to find some bigger more physical players inside.

That would take a change of philosophy and personel. It may be time for Phil Emery to evaluate the defensive personnel and decide if what we have in personnel and coaching is what we want, or if we want to explore other options on that side of the ball.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

That would take a change of philosophy and personel. It may be time for Phil Emery to evaluate the defensive personnel and decide if what we have in personnel and coaching is what we want, or if we want to explore other options on that side of the ball.

Not really…Paea only had 2.5 sacks in 15 games last year…it’s not like when we had Tank Johnson at NT who was getting us sacks…we could get a 320lbs DT who can still get after the QB…a guy like Linval Joseph in free agency or a Louis Nix in the draft…even later in the draft we could pick up a guy like Ryan Carruthers or DeQuan Jones who would give us better physicality.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy game. I thought for sure Baltimore was going to pound it in to win it late in the 4th there, but props to the defense for keeping them out of the end zone.
Nice to see Bostic making a play in coverage. Keep improving please. Brutal game by Bowman, how many flags did he get all on his own? I've said it before, but these horse collar penalties are just getting ridiculous. I realize that we got one too, that doesn't make them any less BS. They have become the new face mask. If you even graze their shoulder pads on a tackle, or it kinda sorta looks like it, you get flagged 15 yards and an automatic first down. Ridiculous. But hey, as long as it gets more points on the board, it's good for business, right?
I don't think McCown played a very good game, particularly before the rain delay, when the wind wasn't a factor. He missed a lot of open receivers (as in didn't see them). Those red zone throws weren't particularly well judged or well thrown, so you can only blame the play calling so much. I also noticed he had a tendency to lock on to a particular receiver during a play, which is probably why he was missing open guys. He didn't throw any picks though, so I guess that is good.

I need to rewatch the game, but that is what stood out to me first run.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very scary situation yesterday. There were several reports of a tornado on the ground near me, but damage was minimal.

As much as I rag on the Soldier Field crowd, they really hung in there yesterday. I've been to a bad weather game, but not with a delay.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

That would take a change of philosophy and personnel. It may be time for Phil Emery to evaluate the defensive personnel and decide if what we have in personnel and coaching is what we want, or if we want to explore other options on that side of the ball.

Not really…Paea only had 2.5 sacks in 15 games last year…it’s not like when we had Tank Johnson at NT who was getting us sacks…we could get a 320lbs DT who can still get after the QB…a guy like Linval Joseph in free agency or a Louis Nix in the draft…even later in the draft we could pick up a guy like Ryan Carruthers or DeQuan Jones who would give us better physicality.

There are many types of tackles. A change in philosophy does not have to constitute a huge change such as from 4-3 to 3-4, for example. However, asking a tackle to perform different duties and selecting for different traits and adding 20-plus pounds (Lindval Joseph, for example) does constitute a change of philosophy, as i see it.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I thought he missed it, GO BEARS!!!

I'm still not sure whether that OT kick was a make or a miss...but I'll take it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23

Jump to: